Seriously? (Girl Beats Another Girl)

Why didn’t the girl just leave? I saw her standing there and talking for about 3 minutes while some other broad would yell at her and occasionally try to smack/punch her in the head.

Fucking stupid. They should send the girls to San Quentin and feed them to the guys in the SHU.

I’m paraphrasing Maddox here. What could she have done to avoid this? Anything.

[quote]conorh wrote:
I’m paraphrasing Maddox here. What could she have done to avoid this? Anything.[/quote]

lol, I love that article

[quote]conorh wrote:
I’m paraphrasing Maddox here. What could she have done to avoid this? Anything.[/quote]

link, please.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Why didn’t the girl just leave?
[/quote]

Apparently the door was locked and they wouldn’t let her get to it. In the video I saw it shows her trying a few times to get the door open and the other girl pushing her away.

Also, I just read that they’re going to charge all of them as adults, including the 14 year old.

[quote]luvmykidz wrote:

Also, I just read that they’re going to charge all of them as adults, including the 14 year old.

[/quote]

Good.

However, why the hell not try to fight back, at least a little bit? I mean, after, let’s say, 20 minutes of continuous beating, it might be a sign that they’re not going to stop no matter how much you beg and plead with non-hostile resistance.

If I’m going to get my ass kicked by a room full of people, I’m at least going to break a few of their noses in the process.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
luvmykidz wrote:

Good.

However, why the hell not try to fight back, at least a little bit? I mean, after, let’s say, 20 minutes of continuous beating, it might be a sign that they’re not going to stop no matter how much you beg and plead with non-hostile resistance.

If I’m going to get my ass kicked by a room full of people, I’m at least going to break a few of their noses in the process.[/quote]

Bauer, the video starts after she already came to from being knocked out initially. Combine that with her being such a tiny little thing compared to the bruisers that were beating her. She was scared, fatigued, and taken repeated blows to the head. I don’t think she had the strength or ferocity to attack her attackers. But, you are right in that if it was me, or any non weak male, I would have been going ape shit ballistic and trying to put the hurt on them before they put lights out on me.

D

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
luvmykidz wrote:

Good.

If I’m going to get my ass kicked by a room full of people, I’m at least going to break a few of their noses in the process.[/quote]

Comes down to self esteem. She probably actually put fitting in over her own safety…which is pretty damn sad.

I think I grew out of that peer pressure thing in middle school.

I don’t think it makes much sense to question why this teenage girl didn’t react like an older male weight lifter would.

It’s easy to question why she didn’t do (fill in the blank), but my guess is that she didn’t realize it would escalate like it did, and by the time it did escalate she was already pretty much fucked up.

Horrible.

I agree with Bauer. You may end up kicking my ass, but be damn sure that I am taking someone else down with me.

I would have knocked over the shelf too.

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:

I would have knocked over the shelf too. [/quote]

THAT, would have been funny.

Especially if it led to repeatedly stomping on the shelf and breaking everything on it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
VanderLaan wrote:

I would have knocked over the shelf too.

THAT, would have been funny.

Especially if it led to repeatedly stomping on the shelf and breaking everything on it.[/quote]

Yeah if I was in that position, I’d’ve definitely went for the shelf after being told to watch out for it. Serves 'em right, I say.

SteelNation, the articles and the video state that 2 of the captors stayed outside the door as guards. I don’t think there was any escaping.

[quote]JohnnyNinja wrote:
SteelNation, the articles and the video state that 2 of the captors stayed outside the door as guards. I don’t think there was any escaping.[/quote]

Oh…shit. That would suck then.

It still amazes me that the survival instinct didn’t kick in at some point. I guess she just froze out of fear.

EDIT: Considering she was knocked unconscious, I’m not surprised after all. Concussions can really fuck you up. I’ve experienced quite a few playing football, and after one of them I didn’t even recognize my own parents. She probably had no fucking clue what was going on when she woke up.

Yeah, she didn’t look so hot. Though, if you think about it from her possible perspective, it was 6-on-1 (8 counting the “guards”). Should she have defended herself to the point of hurting one of her attackers, she would’ve gotten even more of a thrashing than she already did. So, from that standpoint, I think she was wise in not retaliating to the point of “causing” more personal harm.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
conorh wrote:
I’m paraphrasing Maddox here. What could she have done to avoid this? Anything.

link, please.[/quote]

Ask and ye shall receive.

-Conor

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

It still amazes me that the survival instinct didn’t kick in at some point. I guess she just froze out of fear.[/quote]

This is exactly what I’m thinking. I’m not comparing her to what I would do in that situation, I’m comparing her actions to basic human instincts of survival, fight or flight, will to live, etc.

If you’re taking a beating to the point of unconsciousness, and wake up to find the people continuing to beat you, I think you would start to think that these people might be willing to beat you to the point of serious permanent physical harm, or even death.

At that point, I think you just have to do something. Claw, bite, eye-gouge, do whatever. Attackers are like bears, they’re either black or grizzly. A black bear will leave you alone if you play dead. You curl up and play dead in front of a grizzly, you just made it that much easier to kill you.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
A black bear will leave you alone if you play dead. You curl up and play dead in front of a grizzly, you just made it that much easier to kill you.

[/quote]

I thought it was the reverse: Fight back against a black bear but with a grizzly you’re pretty much fucked.

[quote]Boxer666 wrote:
that shit happens ALL THE TIME… i dont understand why all the uproar [/quote]

Really…you’re gonna come with that?

Rape happens everyday too, so fuck those bitches that get raped.

Fuck murder it’s not a big deal. Racism isn’t so bad. Jeffrey Dahmer was a good guy.

Moron.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
A black bear will leave you alone if you play dead. You curl up and play dead in front of a grizzly, you just made it that much easier to kill you.

I thought it was the reverse: Fight back against a black bear but with a grizzly you’re pretty much fucked.[/quote]

From my understanding a Griz usually attacks after being startled and will stop the attack if it thinks the threat is gone (dead). They say in the very rare instance a black bear has attacked (barring defense of its cubs) it’s predatory and looking to eat a meal. Hence you should fight for your life. However, there are cases where a griz has attacked and eaten people.

D