Serious Business

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
wowwy zowwy!!

sorry, thats all I got. lol

Juggernaut Method??[/quote]

haha

It’s basically 531+block periodization, you’ll see it’s about to get all volumey in here!

You had 190 on the OHP, just sayin. Nice shit man, we’re damn near equal on that one I think. Next shoulder day I’ll hit the OHP with a barbell and see (shit, that’s my “deload”…bah, I’ll still do it)

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
You had 190 on the OHP, just sayin. Nice shit man, we’re damn near equal on that one I think. Next shoulder day I’ll hit the OHP with a barbell and see (shit, that’s my “deload”…bah, I’ll still do it)[/quote]

I used a little pop with the legs on 185 so I think if I did it absolutely strict it would have been more of a true max. Surprisingly difficult not to bend those knees though!

This is where you all have been hanging out!

Hey Trav!!!

Nice work trav, i’ll be interested to see how you put the juggernaut method to use.

[quote]pch2 wrote:
This is where you all have been hanging out!

Hey Trav!!![/quote]

yeah I finally started one! Thanks for stopping by!

[quote]Heracles_rocks wrote:
Nice work trav, i’ll be interested to see how you put the juggernaut method to use. [/quote]

Should be pretty cool, I haven’t followed a program since last year with BBB so it’ll be different for sure!

Trying a strict OHP with zero movement from the legs it next to impossible. I think just the tensing of all your leg muscles at the beginning of the lift gives it a tiny bit of “oompf” in the right direction. It’s a power lift, tested or not, it’s definitely a beast.

Any band whores OHP against bands?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Trying a strict OHP with zero movement from the legs it next to impossible. I think just the tensing of all your leg muscles at the beginning of the lift gives it a tiny bit of “oompf” in the right direction. It’s a power lift, tested or not, it’s definitely a beast.

Any band whores OHP against bands?[/quote]

Yeah it’s pretty hard not you use a bit of oomph. Not sure how you could standing press against bands, I guess you could lol but I never heard of it.

10’s Accumulation Front Squat

BW squats for warm up

Front squat
45x15
95x10
135x8
150x10, 10, 10, 10, 11

leg curl 3x10

ab circuit

Doesn’t look like alot but that was pretty brutal

Figure 2-31 was informative to me.

I saw a dude doing seated OHP’s against bands for a warmup, looked do-able.

[quote]pch2 wrote:
Figure 2-31 was informative to me. [/quote]

Easier to look at something like that isn’t it?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
I saw a dude doing seated OHP’s against bands for a warmup, looked do-able.[/quote]

Sounds cool, I don’t really know anyone that focuses on their OHP that much but I’m sure that would be a good assistance exercise for it.

10’s Acc

Bench
45x20
95x20
135x10
175x10, 10, 10, 10, 13

Dips
BWx10, 10, 12

Pretty minimalist session. Bench feels a little too easy, will probably do better on this lift than the others on the realization set since I’m used to high reps with it. Legs were very sore yesterday from all the TUT on front squats.

Got a scale so I’ll start doing weigh ins tomorrow (probably in the mornings, makes more sense to me). I predict that I’m at about 230 in the mornings now.

BW 226.8 this morning

Way to go dude, keep it up.

Trav do you have a goal weight that you are shooting? What does your diet look like?

Trav do you have a goal weight that you are shooting? What does your diet look like?[/quote]

Diet is on the first page. No specific food plan I just hit my macros everyday and try to get the timing right. Carbs are pretty low.

BW goal is 200 give or take.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

Trav do you have a goal weight that you are shooting? What does your diet look like?[/quote]

Diet is on the first page. No specific food plan I just hit my macros everyday and try to get the timing right. Carbs are pretty low.

BW goal is 200 give or take.[/quote]

My bad, missed it somehow the first time.

Nice, and you are well on you’re way buddy.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

BW goal is 200 give or take.[/quote]

My bad, missed it somehow the first time.

Nice, and you are well on you’re way buddy. [/quote]

Thanks man I hope this doesn’t take me too long to get there.

If you guys are wondering what I’m doing now and why the weights are low, TJM goes in waves like 531 except it uses manipulations of volume then a realization week to determine what weights to use next wave.

In a nutshell it goes:

Accumulation - lots of sets, light weight, 2-3 reps from failure on last set (on this now)
Intensification - less sets, heavier weight, 1 rep from failure on last set
Realization - Work up to one heavy set to failure and depending how many reps you get you may increase the working max
Deload - same as 531

That’s one wave, and the waves get heavier each time.

Surprisingly I’m getting pretty damn sore from the Acc’ phase. Anyways I’ll see how it goes, I’m still figuring out what exactly I’m doing with my accessory work, but so far it feels like I’m not going to want to do a whole lot since the main work has quite a bit of volume.

Lots of BW squats and RDL’s with the bar for warmup, feelsgoodman.jpeg

DL, dual overhand grip
135x10
225x10, 10, 10, 10, 12

CSR
45x12
90x13
115x6

Lat pulldown
3x10

Accessory work after the deads was pretty fucking futile, basically going through the motions on that shit. Probably just gonna do lat work next time and save the rows for deload week I think.

Some presses with light db’s for warmup then

MP
45x10
95x10
105x10, 10, 10, 10, 10

rotator cuff 3x15

laterals
25x20

ez bar skulls
25xlots
45x20
75x27

10’s Intensification

Bench
160x5
185x5
195x10, 10, 16

Incline db
40x10
60x10
75x10–>45x5+partials

Wide dips
BWx10, 6

Just had a little minor surgery on my big toe of my right foot, got some food from my grandma so I’m gonna pound that down take some pain killers and call this a refeed day haha. It’s not too bad, doc said a few days should be good to go.