T Nation

Serious BF Question

[quote]scotty144 wrote:
BodyBldgBabe wrote:
calf 10-1-06

Is that your dildo on the floor?
[/quote]
LOL…

Anyway BodyBldgBabe, from looking at your pics, maybe because it’s little fuzzy, but I really couldn’t tell that you’re 252lbs and 5’4" tall. You seem to hold the weight really well. I hope you won’t suffer from excessive loose skin once you reach your goal.

I can’t beleive no one else has asked this but…

Can you post a pic where you are holding a shoe?

[quote]BFBullpup wrote:
BodyBldgBabe wrote:
My ultimate goal is to compete in a BB contest in 18 months. I want to push myself hard to prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind on doing!!!

If you’ve ever seen Pam Brown, she has a similar body shape as me, and she was competing in a competition in 18 months.

I would suggest that you not set a time limit of 18 months. You don’t want to pressure yourself or be disappointed if you’re not contest ready by then. Shoot for 2-3 years. Don’t compare yourself to others.

As for your sample meal plan, your breakfast is microscopic. It should be your biggest meal of the day, even when you’re dieting down. Pyramid down from there for the rest of your day. Drink 150-200 ounces of water per day instead.[/quote]

I agree on the breakfast issue…you need to eat more for this meal and then like the original poster said, slowly pyramid things down from there in your other meals.

Keep us posted on your progress.

[quote]hankr wrote:
I can’t beleive no one else has asked this but…

Can you post a pic where you are holding a shoe?[/quote]

That’s not even remotely funny anymore. Let it die

[quote]oriensus wrote:
scotty144 wrote:
BodyBldgBabe wrote:
calf 10-1-06

LOL…

Anyway BodyBldgBabe, from looking at your pics, maybe because it’s little fuzzy, but I really couldn’t tell that you’re 252lbs and 5’4" tall. You seem to hold the weight really well. I hope you won’t suffer from excessive loose skin once you reach your goal.[/quote]

Here’s another picture that may show things a bit better.

Im not too worried about the excess skin. I have always taken great care of my skin since I was a kid. I use baby oil as soon as Im finished showering and then lotion once I dry off. For being as heavy as I am I very little stretch marks. My good skin comes from good genetics.

[quote]oriensus wrote:

Anyway BodyBldgBabe, from looking at your pics, maybe because it’s little fuzzy, but I really couldn’t tell that you’re 252lbs and 5’4" tall. You seem to hold the weight really well. I hope you won’t suffer from excessive loose skin once you reach your goal.[/quote]

Yeah, you seem to carry much more of your weight around your upper back and shoulders rather than in the hips and thighs. You’re lucky, so many women are so pear shaped that even when we lose weight we’re still bottom heavy.

[quote]marza wrote:
oriensus wrote:

Anyway BodyBldgBabe, from looking at your pics, maybe because it’s little fuzzy, but I really couldn’t tell that you’re 252lbs and 5’4" tall. You seem to hold the weight really well. I hope you won’t suffer from excessive loose skin once you reach your goal.

Yeah, you seem to carry much more of your weight around your upper back and shoulders rather than in the hips and thighs. You’re lucky, so many women are so pear shaped that even when we lose weight we’re still bottom heavy.

[/quote]

I carry my weight in my stomach…hence a 43" waist. It’s great having very stong legs and thighs…no cellulite!!! I love it. But, it sucks having a stomach.

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:
oriensus wrote:
scotty144 wrote:
BodyBldgBabe wrote:
calf 10-1-06

LOL…

Here’s another picture that may show things a bit better.

Im not too worried about the excess skin. I have always taken great care of my skin since I was a kid. I use baby oil as soon as Im finished showering and then lotion once I dry off. For being as heavy as I am I very little stretch marks. My good skin comes from good genetics. [/quote]

Hey there, its me. Just some FYI - your lack of stretch marks/good skin is purely genetics. No amount of baby oil or lotion no matter how expensive or how good it smells penetrate the skin layers to make one bit of a difference other than make you feel oily or smell good.

Looks like (from the pictures you’ve posted) that you’ve got the ability to put on some muscle if you get after it and lift heavy. I would just recommend really challenging yourself with the weights and supplement with some cardio.

Make realistic expectations so you aren’t disappointed. I agree with Prof X though, a body composition change like this will most likely take upwards of a year but you’ll definetely be seeing great progress well before that time.

Congrats on taking the necessary steps to improve yourself.

“Let [her] act like the clever archers who, designing to hit the mark which yet appears too far distant, and knowing the limits to which the strength of their bow attains, take aim much higher than the mark; not to reach by their strength or arrow to so great a height, but to be able with the aid of so high an aim to hit the mark they wish to reach.”

Machiavelli, from “The Prince”

Your ultimate BF goal should not be what your short-term goals are.

When I work with my clients, the type of goals we set are:

• I will go to the gym a minimum of 4 times a week, and aim for 5 times a week;
  • I will allow myself to cheat on the diet no more than 4 meals out of a week;
  • I will keep a log of my workout and dieting plans.

These action-based goals work a whole lot better than a blanket statement of, “I want to be 15% bf” because it is something you can check off and say you have done within the time limit you are given.

I definitely agree with reading up on diet. Check out Berardi’s precision nutrition system. It’s more expensive than the book alone, but it is worth it.

I’d recommend getting a trainer if you can afford it - someone to be accountable to and to keep you motivated. Even if you only see them once a month.

Also, the health of your skin has nothing to do with how saggy it will be after you lose a ton of weight. Please listen to me on this one - I have had a lot of clients say, “I lost 35 lbs quickly, but what can I do about my triceps? The skin makes me look fat!” After all that success, they feel discouraged.

Sadly, there isn’t anything I can do. I can try to get them stronger to fill in the skin a little, but it takes awhile for skin to adjust. At your age, you’re beginning to lose elasticity in the skin. This is a fact of life, nothing to do with genetics. Slower (not slow, but balanced) progress will make you look thinner in the long run because your skin will shrink with you.

This is not to say that I don’t think you should keep your goals and enter the competition. Everyone’s first competition is quite a learning experience. Going there slightly out of shape and expecting not to do well will free you from a lot of the stress of the “first time” and give you a ton of experience you need for the next comp. There’s nothing better than to get used to the process with a practice run before all the performance stress kicks in.

Is it just me, or does she have a pair of calves that most bodybuilders would be proud of? Even at that bodyfat percentage, they still look massive! Reach your goal and you’ll have legs to be proud of.

[quote]Moomin wrote:
Is it just me, or does she have a pair of calves that most bodybuilders would be proud of? Even at that bodyfat percentage, they still look massive! Reach your goal and you’ll have legs to be proud of.[/quote]

That’s from pushing her current weight around with each step she takes. Those calfs and legs will probably look exceptional when she drops the extra fat off.

[quote]Moomin wrote:
Is it just me, or does she have a pair of calves that most bodybuilders would be proud of? Even at that bodyfat percentage, they still look massive! Reach your goal and you’ll have legs to be proud of.[/quote]

Once again, I have to thank mother nature for those monsters!!! Ive had calves since I was a kid. My brothers used to make fun of me and tell me, “Youre going to marry a farmer when you grow up because he’s going to fall in love with your calves!!” ha ha ha

I was very fit in high school, played volley ball, soft ball, on the swim and diving team, ran cross country, and played tennis. It was in my mid 20’s that I began to pack on the weight.

Im ready to get back to the real me and enjoy life again.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Moomin wrote:
Is it just me, or does she have a pair of calves that most bodybuilders would be proud of? Even at that bodyfat percentage, they still look massive! Reach your goal and you’ll have legs to be proud of.

That’s from pushing her current weight around with each step she takes. Those calfs and legs will probably look exceptional when she drops the extra fat off.[/quote]

I can remember being in my teens and early 20s having EXCELLENT legs!!! I had that “tear drop” on my quads and my hams were just as impressive! I have to admit I am very proud of my legs and I cant wait for them to beautiful again!!! ;->