T Nation

Serious Again. Workout Suggestions

Well, its been 3 years or so since I seriously read through T-Mag. I’ve kept myself in decent shape with a diet of deadlifts, squats, and a few other power goodies but its been a while since i hit the iron hard.
But, I’m set on getting back into fighting shape. Since its been 3 years and T-Mag has grown and progressed so much(my compliments to T-Mag!), I was hoping you guys could throw me a few work-out routine titles that have come by and been given good reviews, that i could then look up and get to reading. I have mild aesthetic concerns, but mostly i want to be a big, bad, scary strong man to complement the MMA I’m getting back into.

Thank you T-maggers

I was in a similar position to yourself middle of last year. Long lay off, got the iron bug again.

Since new year, I’ve been following a 5x5 routine. Might I suggest you do some ground work (if you haven’t already) and then follow this:

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Also, EAT. This is something I didn’t do when I was into the weights earlier. Now I’m older and wiser, I realise it was what was holding me back. Keep a diary if necessary (I did it at age 30 and was gobsmacked at how little I was eating…yes, how LITTLE I was eating).

[quote]quebola wrote:
Well, its been 3 years or so since I seriously read through T-Mag. I’ve kept myself in decent shape with a diet of deadlifts, squats, and a few other power goodies but its been a while since i hit the iron hard.
But, I’m set on getting back into fighting shape. Since its been 3 years and T-Mag has grown and progressed so much(my compliments to T-Mag!), I was hoping you guys could throw me a few work-out routine titles that have come by and been given good reviews, that i could then look up and get to reading. I have mild aesthetic concerns, but mostly i want to be a big, bad, scary strong man to complement the MMA I’m getting back into.

Thank you T-maggers

[/quote]

Like yourself…after taking a couple of years off…got married, bought a house, start of new career, new baby, took its toll on training and had to set it aside. It’s called life.

Now that everything has settled down…I started training again about 5 weeks ago. Joining a new gym, and figuring out where everything is at, in regard to placement of various racks, machines etc. I took the first week just getting back into some flow of a regimen.

For the last four weeks I’ve been doing the Waterbury Method, just do a search with those words, and the routine will be the first one on the list. This routine is great…as many here will attest. Of course eating right and purchasing great supplements will only add in the getting back into the groove.

I just received a couple of bottles of HOT-ROX Extreme, Alpha Male (to use when I get my body fat lower), Surge, Metabolic Drive, and Metabolic bars. I’ll be replenishing when needed.

It feels great to be back…finally