Serape Effect

Christian Thibaudeau can you explain the Serape Effect or “X-factor”, also Cross-wiring?

I am looking for more information on this topic. I found it intreasting can anyone explain this phenomon or where can I find more info on it.

Why don’t you put this question in his forum: Lair of the Ice Dog? (See top of this page.)

I am not a member yet… and can’t figure out why either.

You only have to be a member of the Dog Pound. You can post in the other three new forums and have been able to all this time.

Thats what I mean. I am not a member of dog pound yet otherwise I would put this thread over there because this is a great topic. Can’t figure out why Chirs S. didn’t let me in Dog Pound either. I think I have more knoweldge the some of those that are in there. Also I post frequently on here.

Let’s try this again. You posted a question to Thibaudeau. I suggested you put it on his forum - The Lair of the Ice Dog.
You reply you can’t, because you’re not a member of the Dog Pound - WHICH IS NOT THIBAUDEAU’S FORUM. Then you whine. Am I missing something?

And maybe you’re not allowed in because you haven’t been posting all that long and, to be honest, don’t always seem to know what you’re talking about and don’t seem to be a T-mag reader. Now that I’m arguing with you, please remind everyone that you have cancer.

Well I am new to this site but I don’t know if I wanna come back all that often if this is a typical response. Since I am new I took a couple of min’s. and searched under "fitone"s name, I found no rude comments, no name calling, ect… I also did not find him mentioning that he had cancer everytime someone argued with him. I’ll look around and come back hopeing that this is not typical.
fitone, after reading your past posts I must say that I would dissagree with you on many training issues but I wish you all the best with your health. Take care.

LOL. Fitone, you still don’t know why you didn’t get in, huh? Here’s a hint…it has something to do with threads like this one.

TEK wasn’t at all unfair. Fitone has repeatedly demonstrated sub-par training knowledge. See the “behind the neck presses” thread in the T/N forum. He has also brought up the big C at nearly every opportunity. There are likely a LOT of cancer survivors here who don’t trumpet it at the top of their lungs to draw attention to themselves. Getting sick is not an achievement. It’s something that happens, and you deal with it as best you can. Don’t add it to your portfolio.

And I'm sorry fitone, the fact that your parents spoke another language to you at home is no excuse NOT to learn the language that we speak in America. That's just plain laziness.

One more thing. Anyone out there who thinks I'm being an insensitive asshole can go piss up a rope.

Mr Baldguy, welcome to T-mag. Pleaes do not base your opinion of the site on this thread. Though Tek’s comment was a bit… harsh… it was not exactly off base. Hang around a bit and you’ll get to ‘know’ the regulars around here.

I’m glad someone else has noticed all that.

“Fitone has repeatedly demonstrated sub-par training knowledge.”

Brutal, if true. Am I evil for chuckling at this?

I’ve been enough of an ass lately that I wasn’t gonna say it.

You are what you call yourself. A DICK!! I try my best. Whats wrong w/ what I have said about btn press? Am I totally off? By the way do you even know what the SERAPE EFFECT is? I doubt it…

I looked it up last night and figured I’d share since I didn’t know what it was. (maybe that’s just me though)

Five basic movement patterns

Though there are definitely more sophisticated systems of categorizing human movement, itcan be brokendown into five general patterns: pulling; pushing; rotation; one leg stance; and moving the center of gravity (COG).

Pulling and pushing Pulling exercises performed in the standing position (such as clientsmoving theirhands toward their body)help fortify the POS, and strengthen the mid-back, low back and dozens of spinal paraspinal muscles.Pushing exercises performed in the standing position (like clients moving their hands away from their body)integrate the chest muscles with the abdominals, while the hips and legs stabilize. Unilateral pushing exercises with a natural rotation also accentuate the Serape Effect (the way the right internal obliques, left external obliques, left serratus anterior and left rhomboids all work together and criss-cross with their counterparts on the other side of the body) to recruit the external obliques and the serratus anterior. Mid-back muscles, such as the middle trapezius and rhomboids, retract the scapula (supination) in preparation for a stronger protraction (pronation).

Rotation. Rotation exercises emphasize transverse plane dominant muscles, such as the internal and external obliques, and also include the often-neglected transverse plane function of many other muscles, including the hamstrings and adductors. The hips have a large degree of rotation, yet no machinestrengthens this movement. Moreover, many people have lost the rotation in their hips and shoulder girdle, so when they rotate -- as we do all day long -- any rotation is focused in the spine. This can lead to low-back pain. Though they might appear harmful at first glance, standing rotational exercises can help restore hip and thoracic rotation that will actually decrease the amount of potentially dangerous lumbar rotations your members go through.

One leg stance. Researcher and physical therapist Vladamir Janda points out that, since walking requires you to spend about 85 percent of the time on either one leg or the other, one leg stance is the standard posture of humankind.1Exercises that combine one leg stance with the foot hitting the ground (lunges are the principle example) teach your leg muscles to react subconsciously to ground reaction forces.As described earlier, everything changes when the foot hits the ground. The internal rotation of the lower-body segments is controlled by subconscious and reactive eccentric action of numerous lower-body muscles. The proper exercises can fortify these reflexes.

Moving the COG. Moving the COG is simply a manifestation of supination and pronation, and works virtually all of your lower-body muscles, in addition to your low-back muscles. COG exercises are great for teaching and reinforcing proper lifting mechanics and dynamic spinal stabilization.

Taken from this article: www.fitnessworld.com/info/ info_pages/library/strength/ function0902.html

Thanks for the info… Thats all I was looking for. Not a war w/ some of these people.

Yes, you’re totally off regarding what you said about BTN presses. This has been explained to you before, and if it didn’t sink in then, I’m not taking the time to try to do it myself.

As for the Serape effect, it took Michelle exactly one minute to find the answer to your question herself. What was so tough about that?

Finally, let me get this straight...you ask a question, then berate me because I don't have the answer...but you do? If so, then WHY THE HELL DID YOU ASK IN THE FIRST PLACE? My head hurts from all this.