Sequence for Whole Body Training

I used to train using the standard west side four day upper body lower body split and my exercise sequence is as follows

Upper Body

Bench Press
Triceps
Shoulders
Lats

Lower Body

Squats/Deadlifts
Glute/Hamstrings
Back
Abs

Recently I have switched over to full body training and this is my exercise sequence

Squat/Deadlifts
Bench Press
Glutes/HamStrings
Triceps
Lats
Shoulders
Back
Abs

Is this sequence the optimal one ?

With full body training, IMHO, it’s best to change up the order of exercises with each workout. Whatever you train first usually gets the best quality of work, while the exercises you hit last get table scraps as far as strength and energy are concerned. Now, if you have a lagging body part you’re trying to bring up, training it first every time might make sense.

Just adding to this - doing too many exercises on any day will mean you are compromising either the the ones at the end or all of them.

If you’re doing big movements and giving close to your all to them over 1-3 sets per exercise you will be out of steam after 4-5 exercises.

If you’re not then consider if you’re doing them with enough intensity.

You can select a group of 10 big exercises and alternate 5 for day one and the other 5 for day 2 then back again, for instance

Switch the order between workouts so that each major muscle group gets hit early in the workout at least once a week