Separate Forum for Religion?

Considering the general nature of the site itself, I think we’re lucky to have Off Topic, Sex, and World Issue forums at all. Well, maybe not “lucky,” but I certainly don’t see why this site should, or would want to, add another category not related to its core.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Certainly no other troll in T-Nation history has equalled you.[/quote]

Oh, I don’t know about that, zebbie. You and jerffy both have me beat by quite a margin. Your bastard son ivan and the assclown Steve are catching up fast, too. You guys win!!!

When this new religous forum appears I’ll look out for the Computing, Motoring, Racket Sports, Communism, Motorcycling, Knitting and Mutual Masturbation forums too.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
When this new religous forum appears I’ll look out for the Computing, Motoring, Racket Sports, Communism, Motorcycling, Knitting and Mutual Masturbation forums too. [/quote]

perhaps the powers that be will just rename the title of the "Politics and World Issues " forum to the “Extremely Stupid Shit” forum…

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
When this new religous forum appears I’ll look out for the Computing, Motoring, Racket Sports, Communism, Motorcycling, Knitting and Mutual Masturbation forums too. [/quote]

Missing the point. The Politics and World Issues forum has been hijacked by religious topics. There is an obvious market for religious discussion, unlike the topics you listed, so while the T-Nation has no obligation to create a Religion forum, it might improve the quality of the Politics and World Issues forum. I know that it would increase my participation, although I am not sure if this necessarily improves the quality of the forum (probably depends on whom you ask). But since there are many people who want to have religious conversations, why not give them a forum to discuss their views, without infecting those of us who would prefer not to “Post here to support Jesus and the Troops”?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
JeffR wrote:
YES!!!

Please start a seperate forum for religion.

Thank you!!!

JeffR

For once I agree.

I really fucking hate those threads. Everything that can be said on that topic has been said…I’d actually like to see the politics forum collectively stop talking about religion.

Why put the problem on the Mods when it’s the members that won’t stop doing this? [/quote]

Funny to see me and Irish agreeing with JeffR and Zap on an issue. Irish, I would like to leave it to the members to restrict the relgious content, but since there are obviously members who prefer to talk religion, it would be impossible to police ourselves. The new Religion forum could give them a place for their own intellectual…well, philosophical debate.

[quote]dermo wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:
When this new religous forum appears I’ll look out for the Computing, Motoring, Racket Sports, Communism, Motorcycling, Knitting and Mutual Masturbation forums too.

Missing the point. The Politics and World Issues forum has been hijacked by religious topics. There is an obvious market for religious discussion, unlike the topics you listed, [/quote]

Bullshit. There are many people who ride motorcycles. If we are going to start giving individual forums for everything people like to do, why stop with religion? We might as well add the “comic book lover”, “people who masturbate daily”, “abercrombie fitness”, and “sportbike forum”. Why discriminate against all of those others?

To get a new forum, all I have to do is hijack the political forum? So if I make 30 new threads about motorcycles, I get my own motorcycle forum? Cool!!!

[quote]tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Certainly no other troll in T-Nation history has equalled you.

Oh, I don’t know about that, zebbie. You and jerffy both have me beat by quite a margin. Your bastard son ivan and the assclown Steve are catching up fast, too. You guys win!!!
[/quote]

You continue to prove me right.

One more worthless post to add to your record!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:

One more worthless post to add to your record![/quote]

Whereas you have obviously added much value with your patter.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
We might as well add the “comic book lover”, “people who masturbate daily”, “abercrombie fitness”, and “sportbike forum”. Why discriminate against all of those others?
[/quote]

At least I’ll be able to keep up on the ‘people who masturbate daily’ forum as all contributors will be typing one-handed.

Sure why not. I still don’t understand why people don’t just skip the threads that they don’t like. Those threads would be much shorter.

Me solomon Grundy

The point is, its not relevant. But if T-Nation admin like this place being referred to as a Christian bodybuilding forum then fine. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it might not be the most lucrative angle for selling supps.

[quote]1-packlondoner wrote:
Professor X wrote:
We might as well add the “comic book lover”, “people who masturbate daily”, “abercrombie fitness”, and “sportbike forum”. Why discriminate against all of those others?

At least I’ll be able to keep up on the ‘people who masturbate daily’ forum as all contributors will be typing one-handed. [/quote]

LOL

[quote]Solomon Grundy wrote:
Sure why not. I still don’t understand why people don’t just skip the threads that they don’t like. Those threads would be much shorter.

Me solomon Grundy[/quote]

Because they have much more fun posting that they hate the thread with in the actual thread.

:slight_smile:

[quote]tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:
tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:

One more worthless post to add to your record!

Whereas you have obviously added much value with your patter.

[/quote]

I originally responded to the topic. Where as you simply jumped on the therad to attack me, as you have in every post on the thread.

It’s very simple, you’re a troll!

I just want to note that a couple of my Christian threads were moved to this forum by the mods from the “Off Topic” forum. I guess the mods figure this is the best place for these discussions.

Will I ever stop talking about Jesus? No. You talk about what you love and I love Jesus more than I love life itself. Plus I don’t want any of you to go to hell.