T Nation

Separate Forum for Religion?

I used to frequently post in this forum, but I have become increasigly less interested, as the threads have become dominated by religious discussions. I know that some people consider religion and politics indivisible, but would anyone else favor a separate forum for religion?

There’s already one. It’s called “Get a Life”

[quote]dermo wrote:
I used to frequently post in this forum, but I have become increasigly less interested, as the threads have become dominated by religious discussions. I know that some people consider religion and politics indivisible, but would anyone else favor a separate forum for religion? [/quote]

religion would seem to go under the heading of ‘world issues’…

the multiplicity of religious discussions have become insipid, I simply stopped reading and responding to them…

YES!!!

Please start a seperate forum for religion.

Thank you!!!

JeffR

I would be for a separate forum for religion. However, those who protest that there are too many religous posts don’t have to participate. They can ignore those threads the same way they would ignore the new religion area on the web site.

Yes!!!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I would be for a separate forum for religion. However, those who protest that there are too many religous posts don’t have to participate. They can ignore those threads the same way they would ignore the new religion area on the web site.[/quote]

I know, just as I know that I should skip any thread started by Steveo, and yet…I end up reading them anyway. I would like to see the two (religion and politics that is) separated, with the understanding that some threads would contain overlapping elements.

[quote]DPH wrote:
… religion would seem to go under the heading of ‘world issues’…
[/quote]
I think that depends on what aspect or part of religion is being discussed.

There were a few threads under “Politics and World Issues” pertaining to religion that did not logically fit in the “Politics and World Issues” forums for the following reasons:

• All the posts in those particular threads addressed religion and/or derivative digressions as they relate to the individual person.

• none of the posts in those particular threads addressed religion or any of the derivative digressions as they relate to politics or world issues.

On the other hand, there were some threads pertaining to religion that had main topics and many posts relating to politics and/or world issues.

Religion, or the lack thereof pervades most aspects of everyone’s lives.

That being said, I would be in favor of a separate forum for religious issues when it is nothing more than a pissing match between believers and non-believers.

I am growing weary of the constant religous topics pervading the political forum.

I remember when there was one single forum here.

Actually I remember a time when there were no forums here. I had to walk 10 miles uphill in the snow to get to this webpage.

Anyway they decided to split up the forum into 3 forums, if I remember right, and one was the off topic. Politics started invading the off topic, so they decided to spin off the politics forum.

I used to read every single post that was made on Testosterone, but I actually need time to workout, and go to work, and have sex when my wife is too drunk to say no.

Now a religious forum was the last thing I would expect to pop up on T-Nation. I wonder if there will be Sunday church services.

"And Tim said ‘Let there be Testosterone!’ and it was good.
"And on the seventh day he created TC, and from TC’s rib was created Shugart.
"And they all went to the bar and got drunk.
“And yea in their drunkenness, they found muscular women with little tiny penises.”

Ok, maybe I should stop there.

I really don’t have a point.

I would support a “Religion” forum, this way I could take it off my list of viewable forums.

~V

[quote]v10hanz wrote:
I would support a “Religion” forum, this way I could take it off my list of viewable forums.

~V[/quote]

lol

I would support a 50-page thread arguing about the need for such a forum, and the call for/rejection of evidence/faith asserting there is/isn’t a need for it. (delete as applicable)

[quote]1-packlondoner wrote:
v10hanz wrote:

~V

lol

I would support a 50-page thread arguing about the need for such a forum, and the call for/rejection of evidence/faith asserting there is/isn’t a need for it. (delete as applicable)[/quote]

Not a bad idea…But let’s make it 100.

:wink:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
1-packlondoner wrote:
v10hanz wrote:

~V

lol

I would support a 50-page thread arguing about the need for such a forum, and the call for/rejection of evidence/faith asserting there is/isn’t a need for it. (delete as applicable)

Not a bad idea…But let’s make it 100.

:wink:

[/quote]

touche

Would it mean that zebivan could go there to bash gays and discuss his fascination with butt sex? I’d be all for it.

[quote]tme wrote:
Would it mean that zebivan could go there to bash gays and discuss his fascination with butt sex? I’d be all for it.

[/quote]

Ha ha

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

You are consistent if nothing else.

697 posts and none of them add a single thing to the forum!

I think you deserve an award for this. Certainly no other troll in T-Nation history has equalled you.

What we really need is a seperate forum for Headhunter.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
YES!!!

Please start a seperate forum for religion.

Thank you!!!

JeffR[/quote]

For once I agree.

I really fucking hate those threads. Everything that can be said on that topic has been said…I’d actually like to see the politics forum collectively stop talking about religion.

Why put the problem on the Mods when it’s the members that won’t stop doing this?

I don’t know about a separate forum, but I agree with the sentiment.

If someone starts a topic about a political issue that directly implicates religion - like whether the 10 commandments can be in a courthouse, etc. - then that makes sense.

But starting threads in the nature of “Tell Your Story About Your Conversion” and “Tell Your Story About Conversion Part II” and “Please Share Your Story About Why You Became A Christian” and “Jesus Rocks!” gets redundant and only aggravate old battles for no other purpose than to aggravate old battles.

I don’t think a new forum is needed - I just think people need to move on and stop picking at scabs.