Send Them Home!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Everyone knows that there are what, 12 million here already?

You aren’t going to send them home, its just damn near impossible.

I say legalize them and tax what they make. I get taxes taken out of my check…so should they.

It really irritates me the outright racism going on against these people. The same shit was said about the Irish (locusts invading New York), the Italians (WOPS?), the Chinese (who built that railroad again?), the Catholics (they’ll vote how the Pope tells them! They’ll ruin democracy!), the Blacks (wait a second, we brought them here for cheap labor. Nevermind), and every other race that has every immigrated to this country. I really thought we were past these days…

Give me your tired and sick, your huddled masses yearning to breath free…may I remind you guys what this country was based on?[/quote]

Racism? Nice strawman, but that isn’t going to work. I was a legal alien, am now a citizen, on top of that I am hispanic. These people don’t want to come here to become American, they want to make some bucks and send it home and when they have made enough they will follow. They do not learn english, they want nothing to do with Americans or America, they want money.
They have no rights, period. They have no right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happyness in this country. The borders have to be controled and a proper, methodical form of immigration has to be adopted. All this bullshit, we American’s go through regarding protection against terrorism is beyond useless if we don’t have any idea who is here and people can just walk accross the border. Think your safe? How can you be.
Second, the reason why these illegals are cheap to employ is because they are illegal. They can be paid under the table and paid with a check. Taxes are being evaded left and right. I do laugh at the tremedous stupidity of them wanting to be legal. If they do that, they are entitled to the rights empoyers are trying to avoid paying by hiring them. So they are making themselves more expensive to hire by being legal and hence will further tax our system by being unemployed and dependent. Because who the hell is going to hire an unskilled migrant vs. a skilled american when it will cost them the same?
This is not about getting rid of mexicans, these are people taking advantage of a lax system and then complaining that it is not accomodating enough.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Watching TV with the wife last night when the news anchor butts in with the stories they will be running later. The one that caught my wife’s attention: “Are illegal immigrants really a drain on the economy?”

My wife shouts “Yes they’re a drain on the economy, they all went to the protests today instead of going to work!”

I laughed my ass off at that.[/quote]

GOOD!! THANK YOU!! I don’t feel so alone now… :slight_smile:

Illegal means just that, which bluntly intales crime to me. If I walked into my neighbors house and just stayed for free and ate his food. I highly think he’d tell me to take my lazy, sorry ass home. But if I needed to stay there and was going to contribute to the household , he would open up his doors. You see all of these problems can be solved , if you are illegal you go home. We don’t just say "are bad " and leave this situation alone. I work hard to pay taxes and take care of my family of four , and i’ll be danmed if I want to give free rides to a none tax payer. If those of you that are embracing them crying about fairness; let some of them live with for awhile. Because my open mindedness stopped on Monday.And please remember we must help the pnes down the street before we worry about those around the world. Healing starts at home.