T Nation

Sen. Warren and End of the Minimum Wage Debate

More from the socialist PERI Institute…

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=9998

If minimum wage is a good concept, then why do unions base their wages on a multiplier of the minimum wage(I hope that comes out right)? If an increased minimum wage doesn’t affect anything else, then union wages shouldn’t need to increase along with the minimum wage, correct?

Why doesn’t the level of earning stay reasonably parallel to the cost of living ?

ah yes lieawatha herself Liz Warren she talk about how she teaches one class at Harvard, as their first woman of color, to tune of $300000.00 a semester? I’m with those who feel minimum wage shouldn’t be the desired wage for an adult

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
ah yes lieawatha herself Liz Warren she talk about how she teaches one class at Harvard, as their first woman of color, to tune of $300000.00 a semester? I’m with those who feel minimum wage shouldn’t be the desired wage for an adult[/quote]

Is this the lady who claimed to be a Native American when she applied to Harvard ?

I’m curious if anyone watched or read the recap on the link? Her argument seemed pretty solid at first glance and without seeing the research. I’m interested to hear what the more economically savy have to say about it.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
ah yes lieawatha herself Liz Warren she talk about how she teaches one class at Harvard, as their first woman of color, to tune of $300000.00 a semester? I’m with those who feel minimum wage shouldn’t be the desired wage for an adult[/quote]

Is this the lady who claimed to be a Native American when she applied to Harvard ?[/quote]

Lol, yes. This is the lying communist the moron’s in Mass elected over the Democrat Scott Brown.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I’m curious if anyone watched or read the recap on the link? Her argument seemed pretty solid at first glance and without seeing the research. I’m interested to hear what the more economically savy have to say about it. [/quote]

If this is the moronic statement of her’s I think it is, all you have to do is look at the use of the computer, internet and fucking fax machine to poke about 236,898 holes in her stupid ass statements.

Her MO:

Say shit low information voters will love because they don’t think, they feel. And pay Union thugs to hold my signs and be my ground game.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
ah yes lieawatha herself Liz Warren she talk about how she teaches one class at Harvard, as their first woman of color, to tune of $300000.00 a semester? I’m with those who feel minimum wage shouldn’t be the desired wage for an adult[/quote]

Is this the lady who claimed to be a Native American when she applied to Harvard ?[/quote]

Lol, yes. This is the lying communist the moron’s in Mass elected over the Democrat Scott Brown.

[/quote]

she’s also the first one to say “you didn’t build that”. I started a drinking game every time she said millionaires and billionaires I took a shot within in the first ten minutes of her scott brown debates I had finished a bottle of absolute

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
ah yes lieawatha herself Liz Warren she talk about how she teaches one class at Harvard, as their first woman of color, to tune of $300000.00 a semester? I’m with those who feel minimum wage shouldn’t be the desired wage for an adult[/quote]

Is this the lady who claimed to be a Native American when she applied to Harvard ?[/quote]

Lol, yes. This is the lying communist the moron’s in Mass elected over the Democrat Scott Brown.

[/quote]

she’s also the first one to say “you didn’t build that”. I started a drinking game every time she said millionaires and billionaires I took a shot within in the first ten minutes of her scott brown debates I had finished a bottle of absolute [/quote]

I was gonna say, you must have been hammered.

I had heard she started the “you didn’t build that” bullshit. She is a commie, so she fit in perfect at Harvard, and defending massive evil corporations helping them beat up on the innocent little guy…

Must be why she got into politics. Lets see:

  1. Liar, check
  2. Helps big business, but talks about helping “the little people”, check
  3. Says stupid shit, tripple check

Yup, she is perfect for Washington.

Sucks Deval fell into full batshit lefty mode though. I used to be okay with him.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I’m curious if anyone watched or read the recap on the link? Her argument seemed pretty solid at first glance and without seeing the research. I’m interested to hear what the more economically savy have to say about it. [/quote]

If this is the moronic statement of her’s I think it is, all you have to do is look at the use of the computer, internet and fucking fax machine to poke about 236,898 holes in her stupid ass statements.

Her MO:

Say shit low information voters will love because they don’t think, they feel. And pay Union thugs to hold my signs and be my ground game. [/quote]

I’ve never head of this lady before. She was talking about how increasing the minimum wage equals only a slight increase (like a couple of pennies) to the cost of an order. She used resteraunts as her example.

I really don’t know which is why I asked.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I’m curious if anyone watched or read the recap on the link? Her argument seemed pretty solid at first glance and without seeing the research. I’m interested to hear what the more economically savy have to say about it. [/quote]

If this is the moronic statement of her’s I think it is, all you have to do is look at the use of the computer, internet and fucking fax machine to poke about 236,898 holes in her stupid ass statements.

Her MO:

Say shit low information voters will love because they don’t think, they feel. And pay Union thugs to hold my signs and be my ground game. [/quote]

I’ve never head of this lady before. She was talking about how increasing the minimum wage equals only a slight increase (like a couple of pennies) to the cost of an order. She used resteraunts as her example.

I really don’t know which is why I asked. [/quote]

She has never managed a business a day in her life… Hard to take her word on how things work in that field.

She learned her economics by taking a class taught by Zepplin795.

Zeppelin, I assume that you believe what this lady is saying, so I’ll ask you this question: Are businessmen currently shorting themselves on potential profit? That seems to be what was said in the video(that prices can stand to be increased). So are businessmen currently cutting consumers a deal each time they sell their products?

Business owners are a strange bunch, I tell you. They take that food right out of Tiny Tim’s mouth and hand it straight back to the customer. It seems like they would realize they can keep Tim’s food for themselves since the customer is willing to pay for it anyway.

Would unions, great champions of the poor they are, be willing to permanently drop their ties to the minimum wage in order to increase it and allow more workers to make a “living wage”?

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
ah yes lieawatha herself Liz Warren she talk about how she teaches one class at Harvard, as their first woman of color, to tune of $300000.00 a semester? I’m with those who feel minimum wage shouldn’t be the desired wage for an adult[/quote]

Not the issue.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Why doesn’t the level of earning stay reasonably parallel to the cost of living ?[/quote]

Why doesn’t the level of wages rise in tandem with the rise in productivity?

[quote]NickViar wrote:
Zeppelin, I assume that you believe what this lady is saying, so I’ll ask you this question: Are businessmen currently shorting themselves on potential profit? That seems to be what was said in the video(that prices can stand to be increased). So are businessmen currently cutting consumers a deal each time they sell their products?

Business owners are a strange bunch, I tell you. They take that food right out of Tiny Tim’s mouth and hand it straight back to the customer. It seems like they would realize they can keep Tim’s food for themselves since the customer is willing to pay for it anyway.

Would unions, great champions of the poor they are, be willing to permanently drop their ties to the minimum wage in order to increase it and allow more workers to make a “living wage”?[/quote]

She is saying that the recent studies of the past decade do not support the argument that if you raise minimum wage that the economy has a net loss in jobs and hurts employers. To the contrary any increase in business cost is made up by increased revenues. A concept that is lost on neo-conservative economics. And in fact very rarely discussed.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
To the contrary any increase in business cost is made up by increased revenues. A concept that is lost on neo-conservative economics. And in fact very rarely discussed.[/quote]

Like I said:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Her MO:

Say shit low information voters will love because they don’t think, they feel. [/quote]

It is “rarely discussed” because it is a meaningless statement at best, and total idiocy at worst.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I’m curious if anyone watched or read the recap on the link? Her argument seemed pretty solid at first glance and without seeing the research. I’m interested to hear what the more economically savy have to say about it. [/quote]

If this is the moronic statement of her’s I think it is, all you have to do is look at the use of the computer, internet and fucking fax machine to poke about 236,898 holes in her stupid ass statements.

Her MO:

Say shit low information voters will love because they don’t think, they feel. And pay Union thugs to hold my signs and be my ground game. [/quote]

Bullshit like this would not have gone by without notice a few decades ago.

I think there are so many distractions today, from TV and media, to dumb bullshit like Twitter and Facebook. Younger generations get more and more clueless.

Our parents would be up in dat ass with government if they tried to pull some bullshit like this. I’m not saying past generations didn’t get scammed, but they were much more tuned in with what current events.

What I have noticed, is that it really has to reach a boiling point for people. This hasn’t reached the national level (yet), it’s only until it’s really up in people’s faces.

Zep , where do you get your GiFs from? genuinely curious …