Semi-Off Topic: Spicy Food

Nice to see some ladies still have a sense of humor. Oh, and when I asked you if you would like a “little more” Irish in you, I was referring to my friend Seamus. As for me, well, there’s only so much Irish a girl can have in her at one time, ya know? Uhh, that’s another joke. Gotta get back to my pot of corned beef (with jalapenos!) before it boils over. Later…

AAAHH SHIT!! I just realized I posted a reply to Ironbabe that actually should have been to A Girl. Sorry ladies, these late nights really seem to bust my balls after a while. Back to the corned beef…

Thanks for the tip about the Epsom salts, Ironbabe. I love to garden too, but I’m restricted to container plants since I live in a condo. When I owned a house with a huge backyard, I never did much growing. Now that I’ve really gotten into it, I have little pots of spices (mints, cliantro, basil, oregano…) everywhere. And big containers with several different tomato varieties, and three kinds of peppers. I go out and water them everyday, looking for the veggies. It’s very calming actually.

A trick I found for any kind of creepy-crawlies who like the plants is to use a spray bottle filled with just soapy water. Doesn’t harm the plants, but smothers the little pests. Any other gardening tips? How’s about a recipe I can use once the bounty starts in a couple of weeks? Thanks!

I enjoy gardening now and then myself. I gotta say, digging a trench for the irrigation system I put last year was the hardest workout I ever had. No lie. I just collapsed on the grass after 15 minutes of digging and my lungs just gasped to get enough oxygen in my body. How’s that for functional training! Thanks for the Epsom salt tip, Ironbabe. I’ll give that a shot.