Semaglutide, Ozempic, Wegovy – Miracle Fat-Loss Drugs?

What do you mean “You guys”…

3 Likes

This is my favorite scene in the whole movie… what I would pay to have a Tropic Thunder 2 :sleepy:

RDJ: “What do you mean ‘you people’”?
Actual black guy: “What do YOU mean ‘you people’”?

Absolutely classic.

2 Likes

I have Type-2 Diabetes and was prescribed Rybelsus. Never lost any weight while taking it.

I’ve never seen that reported anywhere. I’ve seen several cohort and meta analysis that show no increased risk for any cancers.

That’s not to say it doesn’t, but there’s no data yet supporting that.

Us non obese demographic.

Great column! Right, wrong, or indifferent- here’s how the system works. Pharma companies spend about 2/3+ of their income on R&D. They do this because getting a drug from discovery of the molecule to market FDA approval) is a 12+ year/billion dollar effort. A fraction of discovered molecules make it to market … in fact, many bomb out in Phase 3 clinical trials which is the last step in obtaining FDA approval. Long story short - lots of money and time are lost trying to find a winner.

So, when a company does get a product to market, they rightfully so enjoy patent protection for a period of time, allowing the company to realize a return on their investment and to continue to fund R&D.

The reason TC can get his wife’s med cheap in Juarez is that it’s most likely stolen or black market or counterfeit. Also, drugs are cheaper in other countries because those governments impose price controls on the pharmaceutical companies. Therefore it is the capitalistic, land of the free and home of the brave that bears the cost of these drugs while they are under patent protection.

2 Likes

How does it compare to Metformin, Berberine etc?

I doubt they’re counterfeit, at least in this case. This particular drug comes in elegant pre-loaded injectables. It would cost a ton and require a great deal of sophistication to duplicate.

I’m sure your right in this case. I enjoyed the article. You have a great understanding behind the science of the drug. It’s an interesting topic - the drug was initially approved to provide life saving benefits to people with diabetes. A side effect is some weight loss. Pharma companies have been looking for an obesity drug for years for obvious reasons…… HUGE patient population… particularly in the US. The dilemma comes in to play with the FDA …: who decides when a weight loss drug is medically appropriate and what is the criteria …::BMI, etc. Everyone wants the “quick fix” and magic pill when it comes to body composition. To hell with hard work and discipline.

1 Like

interesting you point this out.

I drew my line at the cost, not the cancer :laughing:

1 Like

Bro, howd you get it for 6bucks a mg?

1 Like

Well, we aren’t supposed to talk sources, but I’ll say I have a very inexpensive source that has quite a few different things. I’d guess for a lot of things they are 1/3 what a typical UGL (under ground lab) source would be. In this case, I think they are even cheaper.

I haven’t bought any at this point though. I am still thinking it over, but I seem to be cutting pretty well on my own right now.

How I found this place was through a gym buddy. It seems half or more of the gym that uses gear uses this place now. I think they are on a few of the gear forums though if you search around. Everything I’ve gotten I believe to be legit. The two things I’ve been able to test with blood work (Test and Adex) line up with what I was getting from a compounding pharmacy.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Im pretty jealous, not gonna lie. Let me know if you ever try it

Not worth the risk.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning that cases of a rare but serious infection of the genitals and area around the genitals have been reported with the class of type 2 diabetes medicines called sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. This serious rare infection, called necrotizing fasciitis of the perineum, is also referred to as Fournier’s gangrene.

Some may not know where their perineum is, it’s the taint. Why anyone would risk Fournier’s gangrene to lose weight is beyond me. Necrotizing (death) fasciitis (inflammation) of the perineum (taint).

I’ll still be lean and keep my muscle though right?

That’s what I want to know, or Symlin.

You know what else reduces appetite? Balancing your gut biome with probiotics and lots of different types of fiber. The different fibers feed a larger variety of gut biota and make a big difference. Admittedly eating some green plantains isn’t the easiest though.

I also throw in some butyrate from ghee until my gut starts making butyrate on its own. Heck I like ghee so I just keep using it instead of butter.

When my gut is working properly, I lose most cravings and the only overeating comes from bad habits.

Maybe I’ll add in some Hot-Rox too.

Bumping this question… can anyone answer this?

Slow moving train wreck.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/business/weightwatchers-ozempic/index.html

UnimportantLastingAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

Remember, when clinical trials last one year never be early adopter for miracle drugs when other less sexy methods will work just fine.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211383523000679

The risk of chronic intestinal obstruction in humans cumulates over time, with the highest occurrence appearing 1.6 years following GLP-1RA treatment5. However, clinical trials on GLP-1RAs usually do not last for more than a year and relevant studies revealed that the incidence of constipation is independent of short-term doses of GLP-1RAs14. We thus extracted a plot of the relationship between the incidence of constipation and the duration of treatment for four GLP-1RAs (Fig. 2) using the data from high-quality randomized controlled clinical trials. The result indicates that constipation was positively correlated with the duration of therapy (r2 = 0.8–0.9).

1. Download : Download high-res image (437KB)
  2. Download : Download full-size image

Figure 2. The incidence of drug-induced constipation correlated with time from the data of four different doses of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists in 11 randomized and placebo controlled clinical studies15-25.

Since intestinal obstruction is a fatal condition that requires surgery, clinicians should be aware that the emergence of chronic adverse events of GLP-1RAs may involve the small intestine. If the underlying cause of which remains unknown, erroneous inferences will likely to be drawn. This is of particular importance as the use of GLP-1RAs in treating multiple disorders is expanding tremendously.

Can’t post links to other forums but go over to ExcelMale for more risks/discussion if you are interested.

1 Like