sell old term papers..

Stu, I can appreciate your argument although I respectfully disagree. You wouldn’t sell an AK-47 to a drug dealer, so why would you sell term papers to a place whose SOLE PURPOSE (whether they admit it or not) is to resell those papers to students for cheating? Yes, it is unethical.

Chris, I sincerely hope your papers are more well written and contain better reasoning than your posts here, or they’ll being sitting on the seller’s block for quite some time. You’re constantly trying to defend what you’re doing despite the fact that you know it’s wrong. Attacking others here doesn’t help your cause. YOU chose to do it. YOU chose to come on here and tell everybody about it. The fact that you’re comparing what you do to prostitution speaks volumes.

As we can all see, nobody’s opinon is going to be changed. However, I thought I’d point out the fact that the only essay of mine that has been sold is an essay about why Canada should not ratify the Kyoto Accord. If you are not familiar with Canadian affairs (which most people aren’t), you’d know that Jean Chretien signed the Kyoto Protocol earlier this year in January. So I was somewhat confused as to why somebody would be buying that essay for anything other than research purposes…unless of course they go to a school which is extremely far behind on their current events.

Also, the comment that was made that my papers are probably shitty and that is why I have only sold one. Well, I’d like to have you know that the website my papers are being sold on isn’t heavily trafficked. In addition, the sale of your papers depends primarily on the popularity of the topic.

The Indestructible- Just out of curiousity, how does that database work? Do you have to re-type a students paper and run it through the database, or can you simply scan it in?

Am I the only one here that notices that chrismcl is not openly defending what he is doing? Yet for some reason he keeps responding…

Chris: stop responding to the posts, because these people obviously think you are trying to defend yourself. Come to think of it, I can’t think of any other reason why you should keep responding. Accept it: You sell your essays to people who are going to buy your ideas and claim them as their own. If you can live with that, that’s fine. Forget about these people that are chastizing you for lack of ethics.

Morals and ethics: who gives a fuck? Keep it in the church or the philosophy class, respectively. If you can live with something, do it. Some people kill other people for money. Hey, it’s a job. It doesn’t make you a whore, it makes you a hitman.

Some people couldn’t handle killing a cat. But think back to the middle ages. A prince would have his older brother assasinated just in order to ascend to the throne.

Comparing chrismcl to a gun salesman is a faulty analogy, in terms of magnitude. Selling your idea in no way compares to selling a device which will cause someone’s death. We could take the magnitude further, and say that a gun salesman selling a pistol to a robber is like some random terrorist organization selling nukes to Saddam. It’s all about order of magnitude. Does that compare to selling your essay? I don’t think so. If you’re gonna make an analogy, keep it in the same order of magnitude, or keep it to yourself.

Chrismcl does not have to justify himself to anybody. What’s the point? Just so that you self-righteous bastards could read your little book of morals/ethics and say “nope, that doesn’t fit in my view of the moral/ethical code; hence, chrismcl is a whore”. Pure bullshit. Stop spreading your gospel, because no one cares.

I’m certainly not saying that purchasing papers with the intent of using them for the purposes of plagary is ethical. What I am arguing is that it’s not unethical for me to sell something I’ve created.

I’m sorry if someone uses my paper to do something illegal or unethical however it is not my job to police this. I know people who’ve purchased papers online and they rarely get what they thought they were going to get. Either the paper turns out to be okay at best or they get caught.

I’ve never purchased a paper, plagarized (intentionally, God knows in my time at university I may have missed a reference but it was never deliberate) or anything of the kind. I would never purchase a paper since I have far more confidence in my abilities than those of some internet source who’s work I can’t preview beforehand.

I think that it’s unfair to attempt to put the onus on the people selling their work because it may or may not be used for plagarism. Heck, anyone who ever wrote an article and made it available to the public for a price would then be guilty. Which would mean that the guys here at T-mag would all be under the same umbrella. If you write a paper/article or whatever and you do a good job and it has decent distribution you can be almost certain it’s been plagarized somewhere or another.

Like I said, I’ve never bought or sold anything like this and I’ve got no intention of doing so. I don’t agree with these web sites but it’s always going to come crashing down on whomever does choose to purchase these it might help you once or twice but in the end you will be caught.

Truth be told I think the only reason I got involved in this discussion is because I like a good debate which is what many people on this site provide. Plus it’s entertaining to read the posts from the not so intellectual.

Rant on!

STU

Chris - First of all, I never said that this is the reason that the system is falling behind. I only insinuated that it is part of the reason. There are many more reasons than just things like this.

While you are correct that these papers can be accessed anywhere in the world, obviously language alone would restrict its target market. I’m willing to bet that if we looked at where most of the hits from this page came from, nearly all of them would be from within the United States

Yes, I did insinuate that you were a lazy idiot. I guess that is a bad description. You are an enabler. Sure, you have a right to sell your work, but you are adding to the problem of plagiarism in schools.

I never said the whole education system is made up of lazy idiots. I only said that the people who depend on these services to get through school are lazy. There are plenty of us who busted our asses to get through school, working multiple jobs and taking over the required number of credits, to get the most of our education. It’s frustrating to think that someone who cheats the system may get into a school or job simply because they decided to take the lazy way out.

It’s not trying to get into law school. I’ve already been accepted to all of the schools I’ve applied to. Right now I’ve got the #17 school in the nation sending me things on a weekly basis hoping I’ll go there. I’m just waiting to hear from the #7 school before I make my decision. I purposely left it out of my initial post because I didn’t want to come off pretentious. But since you attacked, I’ll set you straight.

In all honesty, STU made some very good points for why selling a paper isn’t wrong. The copyright angle does have some merit. However, it is like someone walking into a gun store and buying an assault rifle and armor piercing bullets. Sure, maybe he’s using it to hunt, but whom are we fooling? The gun seller didn’t necessarily commit a crime. Maybe they are using the paper for research, but I highly doubt it. Sure it’s not a crime, but it is unethical.

I just find it amazing that we have someone on the message board of a company that talks about not selling out, the importance of hard work, and trying to raise the standard we find someone advertising a site that goes against all of those beleifs. What you’re doing is like someone coming along and selling liposuction. Sure, it will take care of the problem now, but it’s a crutch for the lazy and the weak-minded. Go ahead, sell away. I guess it’s your right. But be aware that by doing so you’re contributing to a problem in colleges, one that is ultimately detrimental to our society. Just don’t be a hypocrite. Next time you see someone rip on a fat person who’s looking for a quick fix, don’t you dare join in. After all, you’d be there with liposuction machine in hand, as long as the price was right.

Harkonnen, so glad to have your useless drivel back on the board. Welcome back.

“Forget about these people that are chastizing you for lack of ethics.”

Don’t post, and you won’t get a response. It’s simple.

“Morals and ethics: who gives a fuck? Keep it in the church or the philosophy class, respectively.”

Perhaps you’ve missed the entire point of T-mag. Yes, our priority is with weight training. No, it doesn’t stop at that. If you can’t figure out the rest, I do feel sorry for you.

“If you can live with something, do it. Some people kill other people for money. Hey, it’s a job.”

This absolutely says it all. That kind of attitude is unthinkable to most.

“Some people couldn’t handle killing a cat. But think back to the middle ages. A prince would have his older brother assasinated just in order to ascend to the throne.”

What in the holy hell are you talking about?

“Comparing chrismcl to a gun salesman is a faulty analogy, in terms of magnitude.”

The entire point of an analogy is to make a comparison, not to equate things in terms of magnitude. Your misunderstanding of that literary device is not my problem.

“If you’re gonna make an analogy, keep it in the same order of magnitude, or keep it to yourself.”

Speaking of keeping it to yourself, who the fuck asked you to give your self-righteous comments on this thread anyway? Does the term “hypocrite” mean anything to you?

“Chrismcl does not have to justify himself to anybody. What’s the point?”

He posted this on a public forum, opening himself to the scrutiny of all. If he didn’t want to hear it, he shouldn’t have posted it.

“Just so that you self-righteous bastards…”

Hypocrite.

“Stop spreading your gospel, because no one cares.”

It’s actually funny that you said that because there are far more responses that agree with me than with you. Sounds like you’re the one with fringe beliefs on this issue. Apparently nobody cares what YOU think.

Good work, DocT ;0)

Harkonnen, I am not trying to defend myself. If it sounds like I am then I apologize, I don’t need to defend myself. The reason I keep posting on this thread is just to refute the arguments posted by other people. My idea of trying to defend myself would have me saying “I’m right and you guys are all wrong, theres no law against it, etc, etc.” But I do thank you for your post.

Cory, “While you are correct that these papers can be accessed
anywhere in the world, obviously language alone would restrict
its target market.” However, considering that English is the most widely used language in the world that wouldn’t restrict the market very much at all. That would mean that its the exact opposite of a limiting factor.

You said in your first post, “This whole system is for lazy idiots…and in my book you have
just listed yourself among them.” Then you said in your second post “Yes, I did insinuate that you were a lazy idiot.” Theres a big difference between the two, in your second post you tried justifying your original statement by saying that you insinuated it or suggested it it. However, you didn’t suggest it, you said blatantly that I am/was/is a lazy idiot. Don’t try and change what you said because its too late.

Then based off of the same quote from your first post you said in your second post regarding the first post “I never said the whole education system is made up of lazy
idiots. I only said that the people who depend on these
services to get through school are lazy.” However, if you said that the only people who depend on these services to get through school are lazy then your original post would’ve said something like “the people who depend on these services to get through school are lazy.” You didn’t say that though, you said “This whole system is for lazy idiots…” Now if you ask me, by saying whole system means the whole system, not just the ones who depend on these services. You’re not gonna be able to trick me because I know what you said, you can’t mend it.

Then in your second post you said “I purposely left it
out of my initial post because I didn’t want to come off
pretentious. But since you attacked, I’ll set you straight.” Its funny how if you purposely left that out to try not to sound pretentous that you somehow managed to slip in “law” before “school.” Thats just a little observation.

Now this is me justifying myself, which is the only justifying statement that I feel I’ve made thus far: I feel that if I’ve put my work into these essays then why, after having them graded, just set them on the shelf to collect dust. I figure why not put my essays to work for me and make me money. Thats my justifying statement, thats the reason that I decided to sell my essays on the internet and thus far in this post I haven’t said anything about that, so that is why I feel I haven’t justified myself.

DocT, you said in respose to Harkonnen, "Speaking of keeping it to yourself, who the fuck asked you to
give your self-righteous comments on this thread anyway?
Does the term “hypocrite” mean anything to you? " My question after reading this is, who in fucking hell asked YOU DocT, because I would surely like to know. As far as I see it, Harkonnen managed to keep the argument on a professional level. You, however, have stooped to personal attacks to better your self-esteem. I think if anybody on this board should be asking themselves what the term “hypocrite” means, it should be you.

Very cute attempt, chris.

HOWEVER, my response was to point out that he was telling people to keep their comments to themselves while he freely expressed his own. My personal view isn’t that people should not comment on issues presented. It’s sad that you can’t distinguish between the two.

“who in fucking hell asked YOU DocT, because I would surely like to know.”

Well, you posted your idiocy for the world to see. That’s asking enough. Quit yer whining.

“As far as I see it, Harkonnen managed to keep the argument on a professional level.”

Lemme guess, the part where he called me and others “self-righteous bastards?” Was that the “professional” part you were referring to? Besides, where the hell do you get that any of this is “professional?” Get over yourself.

“You, however, have stooped to personal attacks to better your self-esteem.”

No, I’ve pointed out that you’re doing something widely considered unethical. The fact that the majority of the posts in response to yours agree with me supports that supposition. That’s not a personal attack. If you’d like me to attack you personally, I’d be more than happy to do just that. You’ve provided me with plenty of ammo in your brief time here.

I have to agree with Harkonnen and Chrismcl…if you guys are gonna keep posting your opinions on here, I getting the hell out of here…I mean what is this board coming to?

“Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chris just a suggestion and friendly advice… Just, drop it w/ DocT.

Believe me I learn it the hard way…

But I do agree w/ DocT on this topic…

Cupcake have you been reading this correctly Harkonnen and DocT agrees w/ each other… They don’t agree w/ Chrismcl… I thought my english was bad Doc…

Oh my…

Fitone…

Harkonnen says…Chrismcl does not have to justify himself to anybody. What’s the point? Just so that you self-righteous bastards could read your little book of morals/ethics and say “nope, that doesn’t fit in my view of the moral/ethical code; hence, chrismcl is a whore”. Pure bullshit. Stop spreading your gospel, because no one cares. …

Chrismcl says…DocT, you said in respose to Harkonnen, "Speaking of keeping it to yourself, who the fuck asked you to
give your self-righteous comments on this thread anyway?
Does the term “hypocrite” mean anything to you? " My question after reading this is, who in fucking hell asked YOU DocT, because I would surely like to know. …

This is agreement? sounds like perhaps neither AGREES with Chrismcl…but really I just wanted to point out that the POINT of this entire board and the ONLY reason any of us are “Here” is to read other peoples opinions and thoughts and even better if said thoughts and opinions are from T-Men and T-Vixens (even you Liberals and soy eaters…) so maybe re-read and you will see it the way I do…or you won’t…whatever…

“A prudent question is one-half of wisdom”

~ Sir Francis Bacon

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Fitone, as a hardworking Immigrant who came to this country with nothing, no English skills and had to work in a factory and live in a shack and raise my 4 sisters and…no wait, no that wasn’t me…carry on…

Cupcake who’s the hyprocrite… are u so insecure???

DocT: Trying to push your morals onto someone will not work. Converting someone to your faith is a priest’s job, if I remember correctly.

It’s when unsolicited opinions are provided and presented in uncouth fashion that they become a problem.

I’ve learned this a long time ago (the hard way), but apparently some people here have as yet failed to grasp this simple concept of good beavior.

If a co-worker of yours comes to work with a crappy tie, do you tell him, “man, that’s a fucking shitty tie…you have no sense of fashion”? Would that make you a righteous man with good fashion sense? No! It would make you an asshole.

If I come to a forum and say,
“hey, this site is pretty cool, check it out you might like it”, and get a response such as,
“you’re a fucking unethical asswad, it says so right here in my unversity’s rulebook”, it is apparent who the asshole is. You guessed it, it’s the wannabe paladin.

This flat out rudeness and drilling of people who said absolutely nothing to warrant it has become a stochastic pattern on this forum, and it’s time it be broken.

Remeber the first topic in this thread? Chrismcl posted a link to a page where you can sell your essay. Do you want to sell your work? Go ahead. You think it below you? Don’t go.

“Truth is a chameleon”

O.K…this has come off the rails somewhat…Fitone, YOU have misread (Who cares?), I was trying to point it out quitely being a “new” guy and all. I am not sure where your “Hypocrite” comment comes from. I obviously believe that the free exchange of ideas and opinions is the SOLE PURPOSE of this forum (even from those morons who for some reason or other do not think like me…Idiots!) As for insecure? No…

This is WAY more effort than I would prefer to put into posts as there are many here more knowledgable who can write eloquent dissertations on Exercise and Nutrition and the O/T forum is just a place for entertaining reading as well as a place to practice being a wise guy and get a feel for the true character of my fellow T-Men…I am already getting a feel for yours…

Must sleep…Very tir…zzzzzzz

“Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it”

~ E. B. White