Self Written Program Feedback/Opinions

Hey guys. Dealing with a knee injury and cant squat for the next few months. Wrote up a program until squatting is an option. Im usually a Powerlifter/Olympic Lifter but im working on upper body hypertrophy, increasing my press and maintaining/ increasing my deadlift. Its based off an 8 Day Cycle since thats what my work schedule allows. Here’s the program:

Day 1
ME Bench Variation: 3-5RM then -20% for 3x5
DB Bench- 4x12
Incline DB Fly- 4x12
Cable Crossover- 4x12
Tricep Pushdown- 5x10

Day 2
Barbell Row- 5x5
Lat Pulldown- 4x12
Cable Row- 4x12
DB Row-3x8
Cable Curl- 5x10

Day 3
Dynamic Bench Press- 5x3 @ 40/45/50% (3 Week Wave) + Mini Band
Overhead Press- 4x10-12
Lateral Dumbell Rasie- 4x12
Face Pulls- 4x12
Shrugs- 4x12
Upright Row- 4x12

Day 4
EZ Bar Curl- 3x10
Skull Crushers- 3x10
DB Hammer Curls- 3x10
Overhead Cable Ext.- 3x10
Preacher Curl- 3x10
Rope Pushdown- 3x10

Day 5
Deadlift Variation- 5x2 @ 60% then 3-5RM
RDL- 4x6
Leg Extension- 4x12
Back Raises- 5x10
Standing Calf Raise- 4x25
Seated Calf Raise- 4x25

Day 6/7/8
Rest/Light Conditioning

Any feedback you guys have would be great. Thanks!

Ill never understand this lots of volume idea. And I really don’t understand your set/rep scheme. And your arms (small muscles) are taking the majority of the work…

Not the worst I’ve ever seen though.

Increasing the amount of volume you can recover from is a great way to increase strength and muscle mass. Sadly, the recovery aspect seems to get missed.

around 200 reps a work out. And most of them on a small muscle. Sorry, I understand what you are saying, but you must work your way there and not thru the biceps and triceps.

I know his knees are healing, but really? reminds me a of M&F article from the 90’s.

He would be better of using a full body, three times a week, do what doesnt hurt and work on healing.

I think you’d benefit from a few more sets of arm work

I didn’t mean to endorse his idea as a good use of volume to meet goals. More that volume is one available tool when used properly

I feel it would be a good idea to look at what other injured powerlifters have done while recovering. Th3Pwnisher has a log on this site with information on this.