Self Prolotherapy

I had heard some powerlifters saying to do this for injuries and I currently have an injured pec.

I was just wondering if anyone on here had done this, and if so what gauge needle? How deep? How much saline.

BBB,

WOuld you use lidocaine, if I could even find it anywhere here in the US, for Tendonitis in the elbow?

OR, anything else you would inject in that area? Gracias man.

[quote]txhawkeyes wrote:
BBB,

WOuld you use lidocaine, if I could even find it anywhere here in the US, for Tendonitis in the elbow?

OR, anything else you would inject in that area? Gracias man.[/quote]

Needling tendons in areas where they have lower bloodflow puts them at higher risk of rupture. I dont know which tendon or where you plan on injecting. Just look into it before you needle the actual tendon.

I do understand it, but there is something called TOPAZ which claimed to do the same. It was used on achilles tendonopathies, and many have observed that patients have had achilles tendon ruptures following the procedure. I shove needles in people all day for things of this nature, but I tell them there is a chance for a rupture and to stay off it for a few days afterwards. I just felt it was best to let everyone know and they can make the decision.

I like deep tissue massage. I only do it on myself though. I just had a rep talk to us about injectable ECM with growth factors. I’m hoping to give that a try once he gets us some evidence for his claims.

Extra Cellular Matrix. This one is about 30 bucks for a (I believe) 3g packet. Its porcine derived so it is a lot cheaper than the human derived matrices. It’s called Acell.

http://www.acell.com/