Self-Prolotherapy Injection Log

I’m glad to hear this adventure of yours is going well and you aint been hurt in the process, and even happier to read you found an affordable doctor!

Keep us posted :slight_smile:

Posting to subscribe.
Will your Doc be able to treat your fingers as well?

Thanks pgtips, I will! Things look like they’ll go great. :slight_smile:

Sharp4850, yes he can treat my fingers as well. At the moment he’s just doing my wrists + elbows, and I don’t want to ask to do the fingers in the same session after all he’s doing. Also, it’s hard to get another appointment rather than once every 4 weeks or so. He doesn’t work at the pain clinic I’m seeing him at very frequently at all, for some reason.

My fingers cause me the least pain, so I’ll be ok waiting for a bit.

[quote]Ray567 wrote:
Thanks pgtips, I will! Things look like they’ll go great. :slight_smile:

Sharp4850, yes he can treat my fingers as well. At the moment he’s just doing my wrists + elbows, and I don’t want to ask to do the fingers in the same session after all he’s doing. Also, it’s hard to get another appointment rather than once every 4 weeks or so. He doesn’t work at the pain clinic I’m seeing him at very frequently at all, for some reason.

My fingers cause me the least pain, so I’ll be ok waiting for a bit.[/quote]

dont want to hijack the thread, but I have 2 small tears in my patella tendon. If you think of it, could you ask the doctor if he has ever had success with healing small tears in a tendon with prolo.

thank you

I could but I can tell you now I’m sure he has. Ligament and tendon tears are very very common for prolotherapy to be called for.

not him, but a well known prolo doc

[quote]Ray567 wrote:

not him, but a well known prolo doc[/quote]

terrific, thanks very much. Im having a planned De-load week next week anyways, so I will try and get my first treatment early next week.

Sounds good! Hope it works out as well for you as it seems it will for me. :slight_smile:

[quote]Ray567 wrote:
Sounds good! Hope it works out as well for you as it seems it will for me. :)[/quote]

made an appointment on monday. I will start my own thread so i dont hi-jack urs anymore, thanks for the help again.

Sup dude… I just left Dr. Hauser a message on his FB page about my recurring jumper’s knee problem/tibial tuberosity pain. Not sure if prolotherapy can help me since the pain is on the bone and not really the tendon so…

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Sup dude… I just left Dr. Hauser a message on his FB page about my recurring jumper’s knee problem/tibial tuberosity pain. Not sure if prolotherapy can help me since the pain is on the bone and not really the tendon so… [/quote]

tendons run in-to an over the bone, so the pain still could be tendon in nature. good luck and up-dated

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[quote]Ray567 wrote:
Sounds good! Hope it works out as well for you as it seems it will for me. :)[/quote]

made an appointment on monday. I will start my own thread so i dont hi-jack urs anymore, thanks for the help again.[/quote]

No problem. Good luck man!!

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Sup dude… I just left Dr. Hauser a message on his FB page about my recurring jumper’s knee problem/tibial tuberosity pain. Not sure if prolotherapy can help me since the pain is on the bone and not really the tendon so… [/quote]

That is where the shots are given (the tendon attachment to the bone). The largest stresses on tendons and ligaments are where they attach to the bone. They call it the fibro-osseous junction. So I wouldnt worry too much about it, prolo will do what it does all the same :slight_smile:

There are some cases however, such as achilles tendon problems, where the shots are given elsewhere in the tendon, not just where it attaches to the heel.

thanks for the responses guys. If I decide to get prolo I really hope it works because this is kind of the end of the rope for me. Don’t know what else I can do lol

PB Andy not sure if youve seen Dr Hausers video on it yet but here it is:

Also I’ve included an exercise I found very useful for my jumpers knee.

thanks dude! Watching now

Subscribed

Hey guys, another update:

Due to some family stuff I won’t be able to see my prolo doc again for a little while (he wanted me to come in after 4 weeks, which would mean another visit now), so, to save money and make use of all the equipment I have invested in, I finally sat down and did wrist prolo on myself.

Once I got started, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. But definitely worse than doing my elbow. I did the buckshot approach, but did consult my prolo injection manual a few times to make sure I was hitting the right places and to put a focus on hitting my TFCC and UCL. I found that to make the marks for injection, the most useful thing is the pen cap on a standard Bic pen. Press it into the skin and it makes a little red circle that stays for about 20 minutes. So I did those over my wrists, and injected about 15% dextrose at the red circles, down to the bone attachment.

Doing it to myself was a lot more painful than the wrist prolo I got from the doctor, I think almost entirely because of having no lidocaine in the solution. I did get some (non-sterile) lidocaine solution off ebay though (the 5% lidocaine polysporin wasn’t enough) that I rub into the skin pre-injection, and it helps for the pain associated with pushin the needle through the skin, but not for the needle pushing through injured connective tissue. That pain caused the whole ordeal to take about 1 hour and 15 minutes between both wrists, in which time I emptied ~35mL of solution. I’m very satisfied now, though. Once again, the intra-osseous membrane between my radius and ulna was the most painful injection, but I think that indicates I’m hitting the right injured tissues.

Might do my elbows tomorrow. I have to pick up more alcohol swabs first though - I hit a small artery on my palmar wrist which caused me to bleed a lot more than I expected, and I mopped it up on my wrist with alcohol swabs :stuck_out_tongue:

Today, I did prolo on my patellar tendons, and my annular ligaments in my elbows. Didn’t make a big session out of it but it was 2 things I thought I may as well treat and spend my supplies on.

Only sterilized with iodine, no alcohol wipes… should be more careful and get more alcohol wipes asap.

Hi Ray, was just wondering if you had an update on the overall effects of prolotherapy on your tendons/ligaments? i broke my ankle ten months ago and im still suffering with constant inner ankle pain and weakness from ligaments. The doctors have been useless (There only now going to give me an MRI after 10 months of me knowing there’s ligament damage) and im considering trying Prolo to help it. Im looking too get back actively competing in combat sports asap and was also wondering how long the Prolo took to have a positive effect.

Any Reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks Dan :slight_smile:

What was the name of the book called? The doctors prolotherapy book?