Self Injections Are Great!

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I began injecting today, 300 mg Test Cyp every 2 weeks (legally). Put it into my right thigh.

This is so easy and utterly painless, I’m pissed I didn’t do it earlier.

Screw the gels, patches, and all that stuff! Just do it yourself, its easy!!

HH

You might well be better off injecting twice / week. This should minimise the effect/occurence of side-effects caused by fluctuations in blood concentration. And as has been noted by my bro juice - 21G,??? Thats hyoooge! lol.[/quote]

I’m around 280 lbs. Would a 1" needle be long enough to get it deep into the muscle? I have no pain but the scar tissue buildup is something I’d not thought of. Also, the oil is really thick — is there a significant difference with the 25 gauge? I can’t imagine taking 5 minutes to inject the oil in there. :slight_smile:

HH

www.mesomorphosis.com/steroid-profiles/testosterone.htm

280 lbs…go ahead and stick to 23 gauge (21 is way too big, 25’s will work though)…but use 1 1/2"…just leave about 1/4" sticking out when injecting…but definitely scrap those monster 21’s

Does the gauge of the needle affect whether the testosterone is appropriately distributed into the bloodstream?

Cuz, I know for a fact that the needle Im using is not as big as the one’s described here, and in line with my question, I haven’t felt a damned iota of difference from taking the shot.

Thanks.

No lard, except a bit around the middle. I’m 6’6".

I did the inject into my right quad. I will try a 23 once the 21s are used up.

HH

Wow!

I’m pretty sensitive to what’s going on in my body. I had 3 injections in glutes — little results. After my Friday thigh injection, I’m flying. It hit today and it is amazing!

If you’re injecting and not getting the results you want, try the quads. Bam!!! I feel like I’m 19 again!

HH

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
Does the gauge of the needle affect whether the testosterone is appropriately distributed into the bloodstream?

Cuz, I know for a fact that the needle Im using is not as big as the one’s described here, and in line with my question, I haven’t felt a damned iota of difference from taking the shot.

Thanks.[/quote]

What are you taking? And - How long before you wrote this did you give yourself a shot?

Needle size has no play in absorption rates. It is more about comfort, and minimizing tissue damage.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Wow!
I feel like I’m 19 again!

HH[/quote]

What does Mrs. HH think about this?

Headhunter,

Good to see you found something that is working for you.

Anyone know:
Are people injecting twice a week then using Testosterone Propionate since it is faster acting? Or stick with Testosterone Cypionate or Testosterone Enanthate?

Would a 1" needle be long enough to get it deep into the muscle? I have no pain but the scar tissue buildup is something I’d not thought of. Also, the oil is really thick — is there a significant difference with the 25 gauge? I can’t imagine taking 5 minutes to inject the oil in there. :slight_smile:

HH

[/quote]

One inch is fine assuming you aren’t poking thru a half inch of fat. I use 1" for thighs and quads. Usually shooting 3cc’s at a time. If you do find it to be painful just move your needle a quarter to a half inch in another direction and you’ll find a spot that doesn’t hurt at all.

FatSensei

[quote]rainjack wrote:
DeterminedNate wrote:

Thanks.

What are you taking? And - How long before you wrote this did you give yourself a shot?

Needle size has no play in absorption rates. It is more about comfort, and minimizing tissue damage.

[/quote]

I am taking 200mg Test-Cyp(supposed to be taken once ever 2 weeks - this is my first shot), received the shot on Saturday morning, it is now Monday. This was in my glutes tho, not my hamstring/quad area. Perhaps I should try a different spot?

Thanks.

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
rainjack wrote:
DeterminedNate wrote:

Thanks.

I am taking 200mg Test-Cyp(supposed to be taken once ever 2 weeks - this is my first shot), received the shot on Saturday morning, it is now Monday. This was in my glutes tho, not my hamstring/quad area. Perhaps I should try a different spot?

Thanks.
[/quote]

It can take anywhere from a week to ten days to ‘feel’ the shot. You are talking about only two full days. That’s way too early to feel the cypionate.

I’d say you will feel it around Wednesday/Thursday if I was a betting man.

[quote]deadlifter405 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Wow!
I feel like I’m 19 again!

HH

What does Mrs. HH think about this?[/quote]

She was a female athlete in college (now a university prof) and I always had trouble keeping up (no pun intended :slight_smile: with her. Not lately…

I recently started down this path as well. I tried the pod that you put up on the gumline (disaster), and also the patch (had a BAD skin reaction). My doctor prescribed .25mg Test-Cyp once every four weeks. I had my first shot on Wednesday. After reading this thread, I’m thinking that maybe the dosage is way too low to see an effect. My doctor has never prescribed Test before, so I had to educate her on the process and the available treatments. I’m sure she is just being cautious about dosage, but it seems like the average dosage here is about 200mg. I’m wondering if I should go ahead and up the dosage and frequency on my own.

Oops - I meant 25mg, not .25mg.

[quote]Actus wrote:
Oops - I meant 25mg, not .25mg.[/quote]

Get your doc to bump you to 100 mg/weekly, makes a big difference and should not push you out of range but leave you near the high end of normal which is where you really want to be.

[quote]deadlifter405 wrote:
Actus wrote:
Oops - I meant 25mg, not .25mg.

Get your doc to bump you to 100 mg/weekly, makes a big difference and should not push you out of range but leave you near the high end of normal which is where you really want to be.[/quote]

Yeah, 100 mg/week is the minimum. That, btw, is better than the gels, due to absorbtion and the low dose.

Be sure to find the correct injection site. I got shots in the glute with mild results. When I began injecting myself in the leg, things got way better.

HH

I have not done this yet, but will get my T level tested when I get back from Iraq, not that I think I’m having problems. I’m gaining mass and strength and losing fat.

As far as dosing interval, from a pharmaceutical standpoint, if the 1/2 life is 8 days, and you are injecting twice a week, after about 5 doses,you should be at or near steady state, which is a relatively constant blood level. That is a standard pharmaceutical rule of thumb and should apply here as well. Twice a week seems right.