Self Defense for Old Decrepit Guys

See my last post.

I pretty much carry 24/7 outside of Israel.

I’ve had way too many random incidents (especially in large cities) where I’ve done nothing but exist to not carry a pistol. And I am not a small human, or unfit.

I think the statistics are something like 11% of people in the USA have “deep hatred” (or some words like that) of Jewish people — and, no, it’s not white supremecists but overwhelmingly blacks, Hispanics, and Middle Eastern people.

So in any group of 10 people, there is one that wishes me ill. In a subway car in NYC going to Crown Heights? Probably 50%.

Hence, I don’t fuck around.

When I lived in Newark, the same neighborhood that author Philip Roth had lived in, my neighbor was an elderly black woman. She told me her family was the first black family to move into the predominantly Jewish neighborhood. She said everything went downhill once all of the Jews left.

Just curious, did you manage to obtain a CCL in New York? Here in Indiana, as long as you aren’t crazy or a criminal, you can get one pretty easily, but I thought they were extremely difficult to get in NYC.

Yes, it was expensive.

The entire regulatory structure in NYC is based around graft and bribery. They convince idiots (voters, generally liberal Democrats) some evil needs to be restricted (generally building codes, but also things like gun control). The law makes everything anyone would want to do illegal.

Then at the end they’ll be a clause “This can be waived at the discretion of Mr. X”.

So then an elaborate procedure develops where Mr. X is given a bribe legally through various mechanisms and he passes up a piece to the people who put him in power.

Long way of saying, I applied, took the classes, took tests, and nothing happened for two years, then I paid a scum bag lawyer who is connected $10,000 and got my license in about 3 weeks. The license clerk laughed that I had done the tests, etc, saying she’d never seen a license with the tests, as that is “usually waived”.

Gun control in NYC goes back 100years when liberal and Democrat meant something different.

Ah, Tammy Hall (sp?)

But, yes, pistol laws were set up by corrupt politicians in NYC to make sure their thugs had guns while other thugs did not. See “Gangs of NY” for reference. The sold it based on fears of Jews, Polish, and Irish.

As it goes, as different corrupt scum come to power, the same machine keeps working.

Pretty sure I was sold based on a relative who is shady as hell and in the diamond business.

I don’t care what you “like” and neither should you. You should care about what is effective. Speaking from a position of experience.