Self Defeating Attitude

Update:
My girl said she want to come to the gym with me again tonight as long as I let her do her own thing.

I’m stoked that she still wants to do it and it obviously shows that she is doing it for herself.
I must admit that I find it annoying that she doesn’t want to learn from me because she hasn’t really been to a gym before and doesn’t really know wat she is doing.

I will just let her do her thing though, I guess it is better then nothing and she will probably ask if she really wants to know something.

[quote]Doyle wrote:
Update:
My girl said she want to come to the gym with me again tonight as long as I let her do her own thing.

I’m stoked that she still wants to do it and it obviously shows that she is doing it for herself.
I must admit that I find it annoying that she doesn’t want to learn from me because she hasn’t really been to a gym before and doesn’t really know wat she is doing.

I will just let her do her thing though, I guess it is better then nothing and she will probably ask if she really wants to know something. [/quote]

I didn’t squat in the rack for nearly a year after I started training. Let her go at her own pace. Feel free to send her to Powerful Women or the Muscle Sorority if you think she might want some chick advice.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Doyle wrote:
Update:

I will just let her do her thing though, I guess it is better then nothing and she will probably ask if she really wants to know something.

I didn’t squat in the rack for nearly a year after I started training. Let her go at her own pace. Feel free to send her to Powerful Women or the Muscle Sorority if you think she might want some chick advice.[/quote]

I would love to but I think the pics of figure girls would scare her off :smiley:
I think she would get along well with you lot.

[quote]Doyle wrote:
Update:

I will just let her do her thing though, I guess it is better then nothing and she will probably ask if she really wants to know something. [/quote]

Meh, same basic situation with my husband. Now I’m just happy when he comes with me. If he wants to do endless reps on the damn machines, let him, I don’t say anything any more. He’s there & he’s happy, so I leave it alone.

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
Doyle wrote:
Update:

Meh, same basic situation with my husband. Now I’m just happy when he comes with me. If he wants to do endless reps on the damn machines, let him, I don’t say anything any more. He’s there & he’s happy, so I leave it alone. [/quote]

To the OP.
I second this approach. Sometimes people in a relationship are just unable to teach each other about the things they love the most. My wife wants to teach me things about horses, but I only have so much attention that I can give to her about that.

And she can only give so much attention to me about certain things. We still love each other and mean no disrespect, we just have different levels of interest.

Be nice to her and keep it fun. Don’t take it personal. She is there with you and that is a plus.

Thanks a whole lot guys, I guess it just got to me because I am stressed about some big life changes comming up and after a some serious thought I was starting to wonder how compatible we are.

We have the really important things, I love her and even if she doesn’t quite ‘get’ me all the time she does always make an effort :D.
This morning I had the early shift and she brought me food at work cause she knows I get hungry before lunch :smiley:

just dump her

she sounds like someone who will lock herself in her room crying if you buy the wrong kind of peanut butter.

She doesn’t want to be there, so what good is it doing either of you?
What kind of loose weight does she have? Does it rattle around or something?

[quote]Doyle wrote:
Thanks a whole lot guys, I guess it just got to me because I am stressed about some big life changes comming up and after a some serious thought I was starting to wonder how compatible we are.

We have the really important things, I love her and even if she doesn’t quite ‘get’ me all the time she does always make an effort :D.
This morning I had the early shift and she brought me food at work cause she knows I get hungry before lunch :D[/quote]

She’s thinking of you here and is showing a good trait. Later when you are married and busting your ass on some project. Like fixing the car, putting in new tile or something, where it is better for her not to be helping you. Instead of her running off to the mall with her friends and letting you suffer. Maybe she will at least bring you lunch and a cool drink. This stuff is more important then whether she will let you coach her on a dead lift.

My wife hates working out. Hates lifting weights. Until she gets into the gym. She only does classes like cycling,weight lifting, etc. I have tried to get her to work out with me but no way Jose. We have different views on working out. That’s why we go to 2 different gyms. She does what she does, I do what I do.

For her it is a motivational issue. She can get motivated if she is in direct competion with someone else. But she doesn’t have self motivation. I say all this to say…maybe she would rather be in a class where everyone is on the same level more or less.

[quote]danc2469 wrote:
My wife hates working out. Hates lifting weights. Until she gets into the gym. She only does classes like cycling,weight lifting, etc. I have tried to get her to work out with me but no way Jose. We have different views on working out. That’s why we go to 2 different gyms. She does what she does, I do what I do.

For her it is a motivational issue. She can get motivated if she is in direct competion with someone else. But she doesn’t have self motivation. I say all this to say…maybe she would rather be in a class where everyone is on the same level more or less.[/quote]

She might actually really like crossfit.

Do not force her but rather have her set some goals that she comes up with and not what you tell her she should be doing.