Seeking Trainer in Albuquerque

Hello,

I am looking for a personal trainer whose regimen, both for weight loss and overall health, is based on weightlifting. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I have not joined a club yet, so if an Albuquerque trainer is reading this, and if he works out of a club, I am capable of joining that club.

I am most interested in the anaerobic type of weightlifting and in other anaerobic exercises, though I can’t do sprints due to foot problems. I’d like to avoid aerobic activity, other than for warmup.

If anyone knows of a different site where I am more likely to find a trainer, please let me know. Thank you.

Regards,

Greg

Hey Man,

I myself am a trainer, but it always astounds me that people (for whatever reason) are ready to shell out big bucks for what is available for free.

I may be making an incorrect assumption, but it appears to me that you are not a particularly advanced trainee (nothing personal). At this level much of what you need can be found here on this site at no cost to you. What is often as good as the articles is that if you have a question there will be someone here on the forums who is willing to take the time to give you some guidance.

I’d suggest taking some time to read and learn about training yourself and save your dollars for when you have reached a plateau in your training.

If I can be of help with regards to pointing you towards good reading just let me know.

Best,
Mark

I live here in Albuquerque, I sent you a PM. Hope to hear from you.

[quote]Kinetix wrote:
<<Hey Man,>>

Hello there,

[…]
<<I may be making an incorrect assumption, but it appears to me that you are not a particularly advanced trainee (nothing personal). At this>>

No offense taken. But I actually do know a bit about lifting.

<>

I’ve no doubt that people here would be friendly and helpful, but my problem is not a lack of knowledge. It’s a lack of motivation. If I get to a gym, I know what to do, but the problem is that I’d need a jib hoist to lift me from the couch to the car.

One may call that a self-fulfilling prophecy, or he may call it a nod to reality. Or he may simply look at what has happened before. I’ve tried it on my own and failed for lack of discipline. I’ve had trainers and done well. So it’s most likely I’ll do well if I get a trainer.

[…]

<>

Thanks. I sure will.

Greg