Seeking Recipes for Low Carb Protein Bars

Hi all,
Hoping there may be other readers who can help me.
I am looking for recipes to make my own protein bars that are low carb or carb free.
If anybody has recipes or can share recipe links, I’d be appreciative.
Many thanks.
regards,
Lorne

gonna be tough, bars need carbs to hold them together.

Precision Nutrition’s Gourmet Nutrition does have some bars/cookies that are on the lower end.

Really though, it’s as simple as making a protein shake, nuts/nut butter

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
gonna be tough, bars need carbs to hold them together.

Precision Nutrition’s Gourmet Nutrition does have some bars/cookies that are on the lower end.

Really though, it’s as simple as making a protein shake, nuts/nut butter[/quote]

Jehova is correct on them needing something to hold them together, two things you could use to better get something to form is using protein powder with a nut butter and unsweetened coconut flakes. combining those ingredients should give a thick enough batter to form into bars and then its just a matter of putting them in the freezer to let them form and then moving to the fridge once that’s established.

I don’t know though, that’s just me taking a shot you would have to play with things, why do they HAVE to be low carb?

Use sugar free fat free pudding mix. Not the “cleanest” ingredient, but if your cutting short term with low-carb, why not? Also, you could just use a cup of OF Oats. Might be “glue” enough for a batch of 6-8 bars and per bar the carb count would be pretty low.

protein powder + peanut butter, mix both up a ton until all the powder has worked in smoothly with the PB, makes a fudge of sorts that you can form into balls or bars

I’m not sure about the ratios, but that’s something you can fix with a ton of mixing and a little adjustment

Hi fellas, thanks very much for your feedback about low car protein bars I can make on my own. You’re right, it’s probably easier if I just grab a handful of nuts and pour a scoop of powder into a shake up mug.
Which I do often. Just sometimes I like the feel of something chewy.

I’m not very good at managing carbs, as I get “soft” in the midsection, so I try to limit my carbs to the fibre I get with vegetables. Hence, the wish for a low carb bar.
Thanks again guys. Good luck with your training.
regards,
Lorne