Seeking Nutrition Advice and Diet Help

So, I work a pretty physical job too, for 12 hour shifts.

What you need to do is forget what you do for work with regards to your nutrition. You can tailor your training to be less lower back heavy, or what have you, but your job isn’t cardio and it isn’t extreme CrossFit. It might feel that way to someone on their first day, but your body doesn’t see it that way. It’s your job, your body has adapted to performing that job, and you look how you look in spite of all the activity that you’re using to justify eating giant meals. Constantly upping your intake to adjust for a harder day at work is not helping you.

That being said, you’ve done good so far. Just keep in mind, I know a few people who probably could be described as obese in really physical jobs. It’s easy for the body to adapt and keep piling on weight.

@flappinit I was joking, but thank you. Hard for my sense of humour to come across on the internet; my bad :joy:

But thank you I appreciate your input.

Well I know you weren’t serious, but my point was just that even if your job is taxing, if you do it every day and you’re still struggling with weight management, you may as well factor your job out of the equation and start jumping through the same hurdles as everyone else.

But no problem dude, hope you stick around and make a log.

2 Likes

I will forsure, need to be accountable! And I’m losing it’s just not at the rate I want ha. Patience seems to be key, before I’ve done drastic weight loss and gains but what comes fast leaves just as fast I found so this last 8 months have been adjustments but I attacked it with the attitude of if I just gain enough muscle it’ll eventually burn the fat but stalled out. So now science and hard work will come into play!

I appreciate everyone’s support on this!

2 Likes

Interesting, so consulting with my team lead to debates on what to do with myself for competition.
some guys said I should stay the way I am, go on platform and see where I am at. A few guys asked if I would be cool moving up in weight since my body loves gaining and another guy was arguing I should drop to 219 to compete at nationals.

This is confusing, currently actively looking for a coach to help me decide whats best for me…

Thought I would leave an update.