T Nation

Seeing an Endocrinologist, Advice for Blood Work


I want to get my test and estrogen levels tested through blood work due to symptoms that I believe are due to Low T / High E. Am I correct in going to see a endocrinologist to get the blood work done? And what kind of a blood test should I ask for?


There are quite a few things to check - but at a minimum you should get the following:

total Test A good overall measure of hypogonadism but Free test is better
Free Test (the amount of testosterone that’s actually available to your body
Estradiol (The aromatizing version of estrogen. You don’t need total E - only this one)
LH (measures the pituitary’s ability to send the signal to produce Test.
FSH (if you are concerned about sperm count)


Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

advice for new guys
things that damage your hormones
protocol for injections
finding a TRT doc