See Rush as President!

I have seen this half hour news hour, or some clips from it. Not really all that impressed, trying too hard pull a right-wing Daily Show. 2 problems there:

1. Jon Stewart owns the 18-25 demographic. I believe in a study more college kids watched him for news than CNN.

2. Jon Stewart is funny, and he actually has some really interesting people on his show.

The Rush Limbaugh as president thing? Yeah, pretty weak. Nice try copying SNL though, but Al Gore’s version was alot better.

[quote]Ren wrote:
I have seen this half hour news hour, or some clips from it. Not really all that impressed, trying too hard pull a right-wing Daily Show. 2 problems there:

1. Jon Stewart owns the 18-25 demographic. I believe in a study more college kids watched him for news than CNN.

2. Jon Stewart is funny, and he actually has some really interesting people on his show.

The Rush Limbaugh as president thing? Yeah, pretty weak. Nice try copying SNL though, but Al Gore’s version was alot better.[/quote]

Nice post! See guys? See how clear this post was? He gave his opinions and then said exactly why he holds those opinions instead of calling anyone names like the “C” word.

(by the way, I most likely agree 100% not that it really matters)

[quote]derek wrote:
MisterAmazing wrote:
I think I’m seeing a pattern, somebody overuses the words liberal and left way too much, seems like a dumb ass that aligns himself with a party based on nothing above that…

But when you realize that I’m Libertarian, you turn out to be the dumbass.

And since when is asking for someone to back up thier statements with facts so hard grasp?

The pattern I see is you typing things about people you know nothing about.

[/quote]

Did I ever say anything about you Derek? Honestly though, you’re a tool.

Funny thing is, I said anybody who aligns themselves with EITHER side is a moron, so I guess your previous statement doesn’t change much. You want to see an example of why Ann Coulter is a cunt without class? Here ya go:

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15449

[quote]MisterAmazing wrote:
derek wrote:
MisterAmazing wrote:
I think I’m seeing a pattern, somebody overuses the words liberal and left way too much, seems like a dumb ass that aligns himself with a party based on nothing above that…

But when you realize that I’m Libertarian, you turn out to be the dumbass.

And since when is asking for someone to back up thier statements with facts so hard grasp?

The pattern I see is you typing things about people you know nothing about.

Did I ever say anything about you Derek? Honestly though, you’re a tool.[/quote]

No, you’re right you didn’t mention me by name but since you insulted me a couple of times already, I just thought you must’ve been carrying on With your childish crap. Sorry.

But let me ask you. Would you call someone those names face to face? I doubt you would and if so, I doubt you’d keep it up very long.

Why am I a tool again? Because I disagree with most likely everything you say?

[quote]MisterAmazing wrote:
Funny thing is, I said anybody who aligns themselves with EITHER side is a moron, so I guess your previous statement doesn’t change much. You want to see an example of why Ann Coulter is a cunt without class? Here ya go:

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15449[/quote]

Are you serious? I get called a douchebag, some “fuck on the internet”, you call me a tool all within this little thread and you get all excited about a woman you don’t know calling a man you don’t know a “faggot”?

If name-calling makes her a cunt as you call her, what does that make you?

[quote]derek wrote:
MisterAmazing wrote:

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15449

Are you serious? I get called a douchebag, some “fuck on the internet”, you call me a tool all within this little thread and you get all excited about a woman you don’t know calling a man you don’t know a “faggot”?

If name-calling makes her a cunt as you call her, what does that make you?
[/quote]

It makes me a dick, stop whining. She is the most closed-minded moron I’ve ever heard talk, her voicebox should be banned from existence. Whatever, I don’t care to argue with some jackass like you, this really is pointless I can’t believe I keep letting myself post responses to such shit. The point is, like you always say, instead of making a valid argument against a member of the opposing party, she slanders the guy. Her writing sucks, her views suck, anybody who could possibly support her sucks. I really don’t have to sit and argue about it, you’re not of importance, so I could really care less.

[quote]derek wrote:

Nice post! See guys? See how clear this post was? He gave his opinions and then said exactly why he holds those opinions instead of calling anyone names like the “C” word.

(by the way, I most likely agree 100% not that it really matters)[/quote]

Are you actually taking it upon yourself to give lesson in debate? What is wrong with you? This is an internet forum, not the high school debate team.

Guess what? Most jackasses don’t have well thought out and articulated reasons for their opinions, they just have them. And that’s fine. But trying to define rules for debating on an internet political forum just makes you look like a pretentious fuck.

This is my kind of thread!!!

Just wanted to tell everyone who disagrees with me on any subject that they are disgusting and reprehensible.

On a side note, Derek, you are quite correct: many opinions aren’t very deep.

However, MY OPINIONS could rise up and crush all other contending opinions.

God, I have to admit, I love these kinds of threads.

Oh, misteramazing, you need to change your name to something more appropriate. I was thinking something along the lines of “tic.”

Finally, democrats cannot point out personal foibles after voting for and then vehemently supporting bill clinton. Criticism of one’s personal shortcomings is a taboo subject. Therefore, if I get the slightest hint that Rush’s drug problem, Bush’s alcoholism, or Guiliani’s marital problems are being referenced by a democrat, GET READY TO EAT THE HYPOCRISY FLAG.

There, I’ve vented all my bilious humors for this evening.

Carry on.

JeffR

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
Guess what? Most jackasses don’t have well thought out and articulated reasons for their opinions, they just have them. And that’s fine. But trying to define rules for debating on an internet political forum just makes you look like a pretentious fuck.[/quote]

I don’t really care where the debate is being had.

What’s the worst thing that can happen?

Whoa, maybe someone will be forced to think about what they post instead of puking out random, vile crap.

When you call somone a dipshit with no explaination you’re really nothing more than a shitty grafiti “artist”.

If that’s what you want, so be it. Far be it from me to ask somone to support his theories or premises, right. That would be pretentious!

[quote]derek wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
Guess what? Most jackasses don’t have well thought out and articulated reasons for their opinions, they just have them. And that’s fine. But trying to define rules for debating on an internet political forum just makes you look like a pretentious fuck.

Whoa, maybe someone will be forced to think about what they post instead of puking out random, vile crap.

When you call somone a dipshit with no explaination you’re really nothing more than a shitty grafiti “artist”.

If that’s what you want, so be it. Far be it from me to ask somone to support his theories or premises, right. That would be pretentious!

[/quote]

I listened to Rush a few times a few years ago, and starteed bleeding out of my ears. I haven’t listened to him since. I think I can still safely say that I think he’s a dipshit without having heard his latest stance on any issue. He’s a racist, a sexist, and a hypocrite. That counts as a dipshit in my book.

If you want me to expound you’ll be disappointed because I’m not going to waste any more thought on such a dipshit. Does that mean my opinion is invalid? Shit no. It just means I don’t care enough about what you think about my opinion to go any further into it.

You’re telling everyone their opinions don’t count for shit unless they argue them the way you want them to. Oh, and the key word is opinion, not theory or premise. They aren’t trying to convince you that it is a fact that Rush is a dipshit, they’re merely saying they believe he is.

Trying to make people follow “rules of debate” on an internet forum not only makes you a pretentious fuck, its about one step away from correcting people’s grammar. You dipshit.

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
I listened to Rush a few times a few years ago, and starteed bleeding out of my ears. I haven’t listened to him since. I think I can still safely say that I think he’s a dipshit without having heard his latest stance on any issue. He’s a racist, a sexist, and a hypocrite. That counts as a dipshit in my book.
[/quote]

Well, at least you made my point stronger than I had.

I guess I couldn’t care less what “rules” you follow in these forums. It just makes determining whether you are an imbecile or not a little easier.

Your post served the same purpose.

I was just thinking. I may not be included in this but by FAR the most interesting-to-read posts are from people who back up thier posts with facts as they understand them. Lixy, who I usually disagree with is one and pookie is another. There are many more. Both with whom I agree and whole-heartedly disagree.

Maybe you all are ok reading the posts from people who cannot provide anything more than a name-calling tirade but I find it boring as Hell.

Just saw this thread, didn’t see the show, but can’t stand Coulter or Limbaugh. In all fairness, Rush has at least made me laugh a couple times and Coulter is just disgusting to me

Here we go:

First, here whole career and schtick(right now) is based off bashing the left. She can’t go two sentences without taking a shot at anyone who disagrees with her. She’s just a mean-spirited person. (A lot of people do this on both sides, but we’re talking about Ann right now.)

Politics and campaigning is dirty work, but the word “faggot” doesn’t belong there. I don’t care about PC or being gay-sensitive. That was uncalled for. (And this isn’t the first time she’s doen this.)

She said she wished McVeigh would have blown up the Times building.

She mocked a disabled vet on TV.

She touts Christianity, but she does little in acting like a Christian.

And I find her disgusting to look at.

And so on, and so on…

As for Rush…

He often comes off as racist.

He mocks and belittles the homeless and disadvanteged.

And really, that’s enough for me right there, but one of the first things I remember hearing from him that really made me dislike was a story about some seafood restaurant. I don’t remember the details since this was long ago, but this restaurant had some old, very large lobster being kept there as sort of like the store mascot. And all Rush could see was a business keeping a wild animal alive and thought it was preservation thing. He offered the restaurant a couple thousand dollars to eat it.

That’s the summary of my dislike. I can occasionally tolerate Rush, because he sometimes just comes off as a fat oaf looking for a response. But I really can’t stand Coulter, she’s just evil. She’s a Gorgon.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Just saw this thread, didn’t see the show, but can’t stand Coulter or Limbaugh. In all fairness, Rush has at least made me laugh a couple times and Coulter is just disgusting to me

Here we go:

First, here whole career and schtick(right now) is based off bashing the left. She can’t go two sentences without taking a shot at anyone who disagrees with her. She’s just a mean-spirited person. (A lot of people do this on both sides, but we’re talking about Ann right now.)

Politics and campaigning is dirty work, but the word “faggot” doesn’t belong there. I don’t care about PC or being gay-sensitive. That was uncalled for. (And this isn’t the first time she’s doen this.)

She said she wished McVeigh would have blown up the Times building.

She mocked a disabled vet on TV.

She touts Christianity, but she does little in acting like a Christian.

And I find her disgusting to look at.

And so on, and so on…

As for Rush…

He often comes off as racist.

He mocks and belittles the homeless and disadvanteged.

And really, that’s enough for me right there, but one of the first things I remember hearing from him that really made me dislike was a story about some seafood restaurant. I don’t remember the details since this was long ago, but this restaurant had some old, very large lobster being kept there as sort of like the store mascot. And all Rush could see was a business keeping a wild animal alive and thought it was preservation thing. He offered the restaurant a couple thousand dollars to eat it.

That’s the summary of my dislike. I can occasionally tolerate Rush, because he sometimes just comes off as a fat oaf looking for a response. But I really can’t stand Coulter, she’s just evil. She’s a Gorgon.[/quote]

Bravo! Great post.

I keep harping on my earlier point but you did exactly what I think needs to be done in any form of discussion which is; you made your points and backed them up logically.

No one needs to agree or disagree. The point is that we all know where you stand and more importantly, why.

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
derek wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:

If you want me to expound you’ll be disappointed because I’m not going to waste any more thought on such a dipshit. Does that mean my opinion is invalid? Shit no. It just means I don’t care enough about what you think about my opinion to go any further into it.

You’re telling everyone their opinions don’t count for shit unless they argue them the way you want them to. Oh, and the key word is opinion, not theory or premise. They aren’t trying to convince you that it is a fact that Rush is a dipshit, they’re merely saying they believe he is.

Trying to make people follow “rules of debate” on an internet forum not only makes you a pretentious fuck, its about one step away from correcting people’s grammar. You dipshit.

[/quote]

Hey babybuster, don’t worry, Rush bleeds out of his ears too! From all the friggin’ Oxycontin! Derek, are you sure you aren’t really Rush, just using an alias to spout some shit. Because when I accidentally stop and listen to Rush, he sounds exactly like you! What gives???

[quote]shamus wrote:
Hey babybuster, don’t worry, Rush bleeds out of his ears too! From all the friggin’ Oxycontin! Derek, are you sure you aren’t really Rush, just using an alias to spout some shit. Because when I accidentally stop and listen to Rush, he sounds exactly like you! What gives???[/quote]

What give’s is that you have very little comprehension skills.

Did I defend either Rush or Coulter? No, I merely asked for someone to back up thier statements, that’s all. I don’t listen to Rush and I don’t read Coulter.

And since we’re on the subject, how exactly do I sound like Rush?

[quote]shamus wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
derek wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:

Hey babybuster, don’t worry, Rush bleeds out of his ears too! From all the friggin’ Oxycontin! Derek, are you sure you aren’t really Rush, just using an alias to spout some shit. Because when I accidentally stop and listen to Rush, he sounds exactly like you! What gives???[/quote]

I just learned all I need to learn about you. Wow!

One of your many insightful points…

“Gore is such a moron. But we got a bigger one, so… Anyway, I grew shitloads of weed back in the day indoors, I used a shitload of electricity, and ac, but I figured the amount of O2 I was producing made up for the high cost of my electric bill. Maybe Tipper is growin’ some kind…”

That explains it!