See... I Can Lift

[quote]Barge wrote:
Hey… they’re my squats and I thought they were a little high. How much too high…no idea. It’s not a good angle to judge depth so whatever.

I’m testing at 635 next week so maybe I’ll just get a better angle and we can all resume talking about how to get stronger and not how close my non-competition squats are to depth. :)[/quote]

We’re just butthurt that we’re not as strong as you are. Personally though I don’t care about your squat, I just want whatever secret shortcut you must have taken to deadlift 700lbs. Just get back to me whenever with a “6 weeks to a 700lb pull” program. Thanks!

[quote]csulli wrote:
We’re just butthurt that we’re not as strong as you are. Personally though I don’t care about your squat, I just want whatever secret shortcut you must have taken to deadlift 700lbs. Just get back to me whenever with a “6 weeks to a 700lb pull” program. Thanks![/quote]

It’s all in the “bar hump”… and by that I mean my mental queue is that once the bar passes my knees I try to thrust my hips forward as hard as possible. If I try to think about pulling the weight up at this point I feel significantly weaker.

[quote]Barge wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
We’re just butthurt that we’re not as strong as you are. Personally though I don’t care about your squat, I just want whatever secret shortcut you must have taken to deadlift 700lbs. Just get back to me whenever with a “6 weeks to a 700lb pull” program. Thanks![/quote]

It’s all in the “bar hump”… and by that I mean my mental queue is that once the bar passes my knees I try to thrust my hips forward as hard as possible. If I try to think about pulling the weight up at this point I feel significantly weaker.[/quote]

Oh wow. You answered my sarcasm with actual advice lol. Thanks! Past the knees is always where I run into trouble.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Oh wow. You answered my sarcasm with actual advice lol. Thanks! Past the knees is always where I run into trouble.[/quote]

and it won’t even take 6 weeks… it could help in 1. Although I can’t guarantee it’ll get you over 700 in a week.

Hey forealzycakes, I always forget to do that -.- Start posting vids of you pulling brah. Side view and front view, I relaly need to re-evaluate my pull

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Only three of those squats I would say are high. wide stance squatting, and high bar/close stance will look very different at and slightly below parallel. [/quote]

Are you talking about the SPF video or the OP?

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Only three of those squats I would say are high. wide stance squatting, and high bar/close stance will look very different at and slightly below parallel. [/quote]

Are you talking about the SPF video or the OP?[/quote]
The SPF video. OP MIGHT of gotten one gotten one rep to parallel at the start.

Only 3?
lol!
What are you an SPF judge?

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
Only 3?
lol!
What are you an SPF judge?[/quote]
How many out of all of them were above parallel then? I should of reworded what I said, I had meant only three were above parallel that I saw.

In the SPF video, all of them were, that was the whole point of the video. High SPF squats and shitty SPF judging.

All of them were high, most of them were just ridiculously high!

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
Only 3?
lol!
What are you an SPF judge?[/quote]
How many out of all of them were above parallel then? I should of reworded what I said, I had meant only three were above parallel that I saw. [/quote]

Did you only watch 3? That would explain it.

More high squats showing off my belly.

greatjobOP.

I love how that monolift is shoved in the corner of the gym.

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
The depth nazi’s never fail to jump in and make comments. As the guy spotting him I can tell you, those were all at parallel.

IPF legal? No. SPF legal? Yes. People seem to be forgetting that was 605 for 5, belt only, training lift. [/quote]

Nowhere near parallel. Nowhere near “legal” IPF depth either. Not even close. The spotter isn’t even watching for depth. You blind? Maybe give up the “hand loving” as you will go blind.

That said, it’s a training work set. And he’s not competing in powerlifting… yet.

The advantage of working to proper depth is that you will end up lifting less weight so your joints and tendons are delaing with a lighter load but your are getting a much better workout stimulus. At that depth the hips and hams are barely being engaged. Full depth and suddenly you are training your lower body.

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
The depth nazi’s never fail to jump in and make comments. As the guy spotting him I can tell you, those were all at parallel.

IPF legal? No. SPF legal? Yes. People seem to be forgetting that was 605 for 5, belt only, training lift. [/quote]

Nowhere near parallel. Nowhere near “legal” IPF depth either. Not even close. The spotter isn’t even watching for depth. You blind? Maybe give up the “hand loving” as you will go blind.

That said, it’s a training work set. And he’s not competing in powerlifting… yet.

The advantage of working to proper depth is that you will end up lifting less weight so your joints and tendons are delaing with a lighter load but your are getting a much better workout stimulus. At that depth the hips and hams are barely being engaged. Full depth and suddenly you are training your lower body.[/quote]

Thanks for looking out for my ham and glute development. I appreciate your concern.

I think the OP is aware that the squats are not to legal powerlifting standard depth (hence the title of the 2nd video) however getting used to 600+ on your back for 5 reps (at 80% of depth) is probably going to help him in the long run. Given that he pulls over 700 I would think that this is more of a mental sticking point than a physical weakness on the OP’s part, and I for one applaud him bringing some attention to fat squatters everywhere, WE’RE HERE WE"RE FAT GET USED TO IT!!!

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

The advantage of working to proper depth is that you will end up lifting less weight so your joints and tendons are delaing with a lighter load but your are getting a much better workout stimulus. At that depth the hips and hams are barely being engaged. Full depth and suddenly you are training your lower body.[/quote]

Please post a video of you lifting at least 50% of what the OP posted.

not legal depth AND teh monolifts…puhlease!

Just Kidding.

Awesome lifting, I hope to one day get that weight on my back and do “high” squats myself lol