T Nation

Secretagogue-One?

Hey has anyone tried this supplement? A buddy at work says he has a bunch of friends that have and it has worked well for them and gotten rid of their love handles and made them feel younger.

[quote]ericm0908 wrote:
Hey has anyone tried this supplement? A buddy at work says he has a bunch of friends that have and it has worked well for them and gotten rid of their love handles and made them feel younger.[/quote]

Wow, how did this go? They took the magic pill and a week later their love handles were gone and they were ten years younger. As soon as word gets out that company is going to be rich!

I kid, I kid. A secretagogue would be something like Alpha Male or TRIBEX found here in the T-Nation store. They are natural plant compounds that stimulate increased testosterone production. Now if you combine this increased test with eating healthy and exercise love handles can indeed disappear and you can feel better and even younger.

I took a look at the product you mentioned and it appears to be 25 mg of what they call anterior pituitary substance which I would guess is tribulus (very low dose) glucose, and amino acids. Their advertising leads one to believe it’s growth hormone.

What they are doing is throwing together some basic test boosting compounds with amino acids and passing it off as growth hormone. The grade of these ingredients is probably pretty low as well.

My suggestion would be to read about either Alpha Male or TRIBEX here in the T-Nation store and BCAA’s and Flameout for that matter. In my opinion they would be better then this product.

Take care,

D

I received a free box of secretagogue and did not really notice anything except that I slept a little better. I also noticed that the orange flavor tasted really good.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
ericm0908 wrote:
Hey has anyone tried this supplement? A buddy at work says he has a bunch of friends that have and it has worked well for them and gotten rid of their love handles and made them feel younger.

Wow, how did this go? They took the magic pill and a week later their love handles were gone and they were ten years younger. As soon as word gets out that company is going to be rich!

I kid, I kid. A secretagogue would be something like Alpha Male or TRIBEX found here in the T-Nation store. They are natural plant compounds that stimulate increased testosterone production. Now if you combine this increased test with eating healthy and exercise love handles can indeed disappear and you can feel better and even younger.

I took a look at the product you mentioned and it appears to be 25 mg of what they call anterior pituitary substance which I would guess is tribulus (very low dose) glucose, and amino acids. Their advertising leads one to believe it’s growth hormone.

What they are doing is throwing together some basic test boosting compounds with amino acids and passing it off as growth hormone. The grade of these ingredients is probably pretty low as well.

My suggestion would be to read about either Alpha Male or TRIBEX here in the T-Nation store and BCAA’s and Flameout for that matter. In my opinion they would be better then this product.

Take care,

D[/quote]

I did look at the ingredients and yes it appears they balance a ratio of Amino Acids that I do know are supposed to assist with GH Boost.

I have taken both Alpha Male and Tribulus as well and am familiar with the ingredients already, I’m pretty well read and I do look into what I take, BCAA’s are just that, I am curious as to people who have actually taken the supplement, I do agree that the Biotest supp’s are great but I won’t rule out other Supp’s either, this one has been around a while and am looking for people with experience taking it

I hear you friend and didn’t mean to be insulting in any way. Just wanted to add that since the benefits of synthetic growth hormone have been discovered and used by many a lot of companies have come out with supposed growth hormone pre cursors or stimulators.

From what I have read these aren’t very effective at actually increasing GH or to the levels they claim as compared to actual synthetic growth hormone which is available through anti aging clinics for astronomical prices with a prescription.

However, I to would be interested in hearing from others who have tried it.

Take care,

D

I’ve used it before. I lost fat on it and didn’t gain any noticeable muscle. I dont believe the fat loss was related to the product really, I think it was due to me eating less food and sleeping more. You have to take the product on a completely empty stomach, so the last 3 hours before sleep you’re starving. Then it really improves quality of sleep so I think that contributed to the fat loss as well - add that to sleeping more. Less food + more rest = some fat loss.

The produst is overrated. I’d rather go to bed with some protein in my stomach and not be in a catabolc state.