T Nation

Secret to Blocking 'Fat Gene'

Read it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/09/08/obesity.gene.exercise.ap/index.html

Who’da thunk it?

I am smiling thinking about the next time someone tries to blame their genes.

Yeah, but it doesn’t block the compulsive “Must eat pizza and Oreos” gene!!!

Kate Harding is maaaadddd!

I would pay obscene amounts of money to see a Kate Harding vs Chris Shugart live debate.

Seriously, someone put that shit on pay per view.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I would pay obscene amounts of money to see a Kate Harding vs Chris Shugart live debate.

Seriously, someone put that shit on pay per view.[/quote]

x2

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Yeah, but it doesn’t block the compulsive “Must eat pizza and Oreos” gene!!![/quote]

I’m pretty sure I suffer from the “Must eat pizza and drink beer gene.”

I pointed this out to my uncle, who weighs about 400 lbs, and he said that’s not a solution, because a person would kill themselves if they exerted themselves for four hours a day.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Yeah, but it doesn’t block the compulsive “Must eat pizza and Oreos” gene!!!

I’m pretty sure I suffer from the “Must eat pizza and drink beer gene.”[/quote]

Guilty, but at least we don’t refuse to work out because it hurts too much.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Seriously, someone put that shit on pay per view.

x2[/quote]

I forsee a Shugart KO in round 2.

I’ve never heard of Kate Harding before, but I find it funny how she blogs about fat acceptance but is unwilling to put pictures of her own fat ass on her website.

The fat gene actually exists? I thought it was like the “gay gene”.

[quote]ab_power wrote:
The fat gene actually exists? I thought it was like the “gay gene”. [/quote]

Yeah, but the fat gene doesn’t make you FABULOUS!

I get a kick out people with the selective reading gene. When they read an article the only read the parts they like or want to read.

No where in the article did it mention four hour of continuous exercise. Give people the truth and they will ridicule you. Tell them what they wish to hear and you are rich, but a liar.

At fifty I am enjoying life like few others ever will. A life time of exercising has given me the freedom to pursue the life style I have. I am unlimited in the things I can do because of the life style I choose.

Don’t get me wrong. My life has been wild and adventurous. I however always worked out.

My point is you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it bath. Some people, no matter what, will never exercise. Talk to, show by example, offer resources or show hard data it doesn’t matter. They do not want to hear what we have to say.

They also have the selective hearing gene. That would be a loss loss situation.

I wait until someone makes the move and then I start the support. I only have so much energy and I no longer waste it trying to give an adult an elementary education, are you as smart as a fifth grader.

P.S. Kate Harding feeds her ego telling lies to fat people. They all love her, her very words are music to their pathetic ears.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
I pointed this out to my uncle, who weighs about 400 lbs, and he said that’s not a solution, because a person would kill themselves if they exerted themselves for four hours a day. [/quote]

Hahaha. That’s both funny and depressing.

Did you tell him about those construction workers on the side of the road that pull 8 hour days exerting themselves?

Or gymnasts that train 6 hours a day?

Or, hell, fishermen in Alaska pulling 16 hour shifts?

"People are supposed to work at least eight or ten hours a day, then go home and say, �??Hi, family, lovely to see you, off for my brisk walk now! You�??ll be in bed when I get back, so see you in the morning!�?? And that�??s without getting into the fact that a whole hell of a lot of people in the U.S. don�??t live somewhere where they could take that long a walk if they wanted to �?? unless they just did hundreds of laps around their backyards or living rooms. "

Play catch with your fucking kid, go on a bike ride, go play mini golf, go to a laser tag place, FUCK, BOWLING AND CLEANING WOULD EVEN GET THE JOB DONE.

Why is it impossible to be physically active with your family? Why is it impossible to do it if you live in suburbia? I have run out of examples, but lets get serious, why must family time include the tv?

If the T-Nation gods are out there reading this, I think you should try to get her to debate Shugs. She’ll end up crying into a months worth of protien powder.

It would be hilarious.

Where the hell is Shugs anyway? He hasn’t posted a blog in months, other than to tease LiveSpill which was supposed to “happen” any day now, two weeks ago. Maybe it’s a time machine?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Where the hell is Shugs anyway? He hasn’t posted a blog in months, other than to tease LiveSpill which was supposed to “happen” any day now, two weeks ago. Maybe it’s a time machine? [/quote]

Maybe he’s been messing with the LHC and created a black hole…