T Nation

Secondary Chest Exercise

What's a quality secondary chest exercise to superset with dumbbell flat bench? I've been doing flyes and peck deck, but am looking for a new exercise. Would incline/decline bench be considered a secondary chest exercise?

thank you

After doing your DB press you could do unilateral presses. So you finish, put your DBs down, snag a lighter set and press both up. Then to alternating presses leaving the other one EXTENDED.

I’ve never done that b/c I usually like flys instead.

I’m just doing low Incline with dbs or on smith machine,

followed by flat db press

then i use a cybex peck deck machine where at the start it looks like im pressing and in the end it turns into a fly. Dante uses this I call it the fly press lol.

What more do you need…?

ORRRRR you could forget about all this fancy superset stuff and just get progressively stronger on 1-3 different chest exercises. Go up 100lbs on your db bench press for 8-10 reps, and you’ll get a lot bigger and stronger that’s for sure. If you want a second chest exercise pick one and stick with that over the course of time and make the same level of progression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33aM1Wm3XE

You will likely never be able to db bench press 400, like Ronnie, but if you continually work towards a heavier and heavier goal what do you think will happen? You will get bigger and stronger (as long as you eat to grow).