Second Time Bulking, Advice?

Hey, made some posts a year ago when i was new to this, since then I gained some pounds of fat and lost it again so im back to my original post bulk weight at 150 and 5’7. Just wondering if there are any under developed muscles and if my weight gain is impressive. Plan to start another bulk soon.image|223x500

Second photo didn’t upload

Are you looking for honesty from others and constructive criticism in helping you?

First part answer is yes…

2nd part… are you content with your progress?

Yeah id say so, i think i made decent progress in the five months i spent. Nothing incredible compared to others but im proud i came this far.

1 Like

As long as your happy with your progress that is all that matters.

3 Likes

All of them are. And I don’t mean to insult. It’s just that your muscles aren’t much developed at this point. I assume you asked that question so people would tell you specific areas to work on. At your stage, work on all of them.

“Under developed” is also a relative term. How big would you like to be? How would you like to look? If you eventually add 30 more pounds of muscle, but want to look like a pro bodybuilder, you’d still be “under developed”, but maybe you’d be perfectly happy as that would be ideal for you.

By under developed I meant like am I proportional, i just dont want to have any muscle imbalances that cause health problems. Im terms of how big i want to be, not personally into the body builder look. A slimmer fighter type physique is the goal, The current plan is to gain another 20 pounds and go from there.

Yes, you are proportionally underdeveloped. You have no mass to be worried about being proportional.

1 Like

Just follow a reasonable training program and you’ll be fine. Many athletes are not “balanced” as the requirements of their sport do not lead to “balance”, and they’re fine.

You’re seriously just way too undeveloped for this to be a thing worth analyzing. It’s quite impossible for a ‘health problem’ to develop from your current proportions. It’s amazing to me how many people actually concern themselves with questions like this at your level.

1 Like

So im going on my second bulk after which i plan to cut down to 10% body fat. Ive gained 10 pounds so far going from 150 to 160. However im a little paranoid that ive gained too much fat, part of me wants to keep going and get to my goal of 170 but whats the point it all the weight is fat. So which would be the smartest move (also a bf estimate would be nice i think im around 15%)

Absent the ability to see through your skin and observe the visceral fat between your organs, no one can give you a meaningful number estimate for bodyfat percentage. You look how you look.

Regarding your other question: how long have you been gaining/what timeframe did you add the 10lbs to your body?

1 Like

I started tracking around may 7 i dont have an exact date, maybe three weeks before as i was 153 at the time and i gain generally a lb a week. So maybe April 11th, I didn’t document dates very well sorry.

Looks like you were 150lbs on May 4th based on this

And given you were also 150lbs a year before that, I think you need to commit to seriously gaining muscle and quit yo-yoing on this.

1 Like

You don’t look like you lift at all. You look skinny fat. You need to push yourself at the gym.

Just being honest.

What is your programming? How long have you been lifting?

Just a little over a year, started during quarantine stopped for nine months because of school.

Oh and by programming what do you mean? Like my routine or how often i do it?

1 Like

Don’t stop because of school.

You should be setting some kind of progression plan for your main lifts. If you aim to do the same thing everytime you go to the gym (a routine), there is no reason for your body to adapt.

1 Like

If the top pic is the 160 and the bottom is 150 then keep doing what you’re doing.

If the other way around, rethink your approach

I say this with nothing but love, but this right here tells me you’re not cut out for this. There’s thousands of ways to stay fit but you gotta find what you love.

1 Like