T Nation

Second Opinion with TRT Dosage

Hi all,
For several reasons I’m starting to believe that my doctor don’t really know what he is doing and so I’m looking for a second opinion on my cycle. This is what I’m using:

Testosterone 200mg/mL - 0.5 mL (Tuesday/Friday)
HCG - 0.5 mL (only Mondays)
Anastrazole 1mg - (Monday/Wednesday/Friday)
Sermorelin (3 Times a week)

My stats: 5’8, 29 years, 180lb, 14% bf
(Perfect diet and 4 years of gym training, currently cutting diet)

I tried a similar treatment before and end up with extremely dry joints plus acne on my back (same doctor), can some expert give me and opinion on dosage or things I can do to get best results?. Basically I’m looking to keep or increase gains during cutting and I want to know if those numbers look ok. From some research it looks like HCG should be more per week. Any information is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Blood test from 2 months show all numbers within range and test numbers around 500, all T levels within range as well.

You need to read the “stickies” which are found at the top of the first page of this forum. They have the little yellow sticker next to them.

This is copied from the TRT “Protocol for Injections”.

"Many guys ask for these details. Here is enough info to get started. You probably will not get your doctor aligned with this without a struggle [or a new doctor]. This is really a small part of what most guys need to know.

TRT: Protocol for Injections

• 100mg test cypionate or ethanate injected per week with two or more injections per week.
  • 250iu hCG SC EOD [every other day]
  • 1.0mg Arimidex/anastrozole per week in divided doses."

This is the standard dosage in which the majority of guys start from. Obviously everyone is different and adjustments are made accordingly. Your doctor has you starting with roughly double the amount of testosterone and three times the amount of Anastrozole/Arimidex. FYI.

It’s not clear if you even suffer from symptoms of low T. If all your numbers are within range and you are not symptomatic why would your doctor even consider putting you on a protocol?

let me give some more info so I don’t get the flame lol. So around 6 months ago I went to this clinic for some BW just to have an idea of my numbers. On that BW my test level was 186 and T4 was low as well so doctor recommended TRT. After 2 months using all the things mentioned above my test levels were around 900, joints extremely dry and acne on my arms.

I was feeling great at the gym but with those secondary effects I decided to stop the treatment. So now acne is gone, joints are good and because I pay up front I have refills for everything. Doctor mentioned to keep using the same stuff but less test but because I have a feeling that doctor didn’t know what he was doing I decided to do my own research and use the rest of my refills for faster recovery during cut diet or something similar because of the money invested.

So that’s why I’m looking for some advice, just trying to put that money invested to good use.

Fair enough. The 200mg/week should be more than enough to encourage some muscle growth. The dry joints is likely caused by low E2. I think your Adex dosage is far too high. I would recommend that you instead of 1mg three times a week you cut them in half for .5mg three times a week. Good luck.