Second Month Into a Serious Routine

I’ve been interested in physical fitness and tried doing some basic stuff on my own but recently I talked to a personal trainer and have developed a steady routine. Wondering what this forums take on my body type is. Currently 5’6" 140lbs.

Well you look happy.

But I can’t tell anything, you have no shoes on.

yeah it didn’t upload to the correct size maybe this will be better

Well you seem to be having fun and enjoying yourself and that definatly counts for something!

Why don’t you list your lifting program and your daily nutrition and we may be able to point you in the right direction.

I work out three times a week.

I currently am doing back rows, dead lifts, incline presses, bench presses, chin ups, and pulls ups.

My diet isn’t incredibly stable. I have 3 eggs a slice of cheese and two pieces of toast for breakfeast. I eat mixed nuts during the day when I am working, sometimes a couple of chicken sandwiches as well. I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in between that and dinner which is usually chicken or steak with vegetables.

I think the best thing you can do is go into the Beginners Forum and read the “Are you a Beginner” and “Are you a Beginner II” stickys at the top.

[quote]Mr.Beaugrand wrote:
I work out three times a week.

I currently am doing back rows, dead lifts, incline presses, bench presses, chin ups, and pulls ups.

My diet isn’t incredibly stable. I have 3 eggs a slice of cheese and two pieces of toast for breakfeast. I eat mixed nuts during the day when I am working, sometimes a couple of chicken sandwiches as well. I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in between that and dinner which is usually chicken or steak with vegetables. [/quote]

Get a good protein powder like Grow! Premium Quality Whey and or Metabolic Drive and add a shake or two into your daily nutrition plan. Add more vegetables and fruit into your diet as well as healthy fats.

D

Youre program looks fairly balanced. You have a good attitude and seem to be enjoying yourself a great deal. Thats the most important part. If you dont like doing it, then why do it?

I think people forget that the bottom line in weight training (excepting those training to supplement a sport) is whether or not you are enjoying yourself.