T Nation

Second Meet Coming Up

Hey all,
I’m currently 3 weeks out from my second meet ever on Oct. 6th. I am pretty excited for this one, as my first one was several years ago and I had no idea what I was really doing. I do remember I weighed in the 242 class, and screwed up a squat-rack call, stapled on the bench, and got called for hitching on the deadlift. With all that, I still totaled around 1165, which wasn’t what I wanted but was a lot of fun.

This meet I have been having a great prep, and am looking to go 560-330-640 for a 1530 total at 242(although may go 275). Anyone else have any meets coming up? I will update this as I get closer to the meet then after the meet.

God Bless

Im doing the West Virginia regional November 9th
Goals are 265-185-375 at 148. Currently weigh about 140 so Im trying to eat as much as possible and get to about 150.
Training so far I just squatted 225 and was good for more, benching about 170 and deadlifted 308 5 times last week. This month I’m going to do alot more work with heavy singles.

Good luck at your meet.

My second meet is coming up too, Oct 27 in Norfolk Va. I did not push too hard on the lifts at my first one, just wanted to go 9 for 9 and get my first 400lb DL, but ended up doing better than I expected and placed in the Juniors. Hoping to place again this time as well.

What have you been doing since your first meet and why did you wait so long? With potential numbers like that I would think you’d be competing more. Right now I am kicking myself for not hitting up a meet over the summer, my first was in April and the 6 months training for my second has turned into an eternity, I cant wait!

Life. Just have been busy. Wasn’t able to really train consistently. After this meet, my next one will be in March which I plan to go over 1600 @ either 220/242 (preferably 220).

I have one Oct 13, will be competing in the 242’s not sure what my numbers will be yet havnt decided openers but just really want to hit an elite total my first meet.

What do you weigh?

245… will go for 242 no point in doing 275 if im only 3 over

Yeah thats an easy cut.

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
245… will go for 242 no point in doing 275 if im only 3 over[/quote]
you could prolly just not eat in the morning an make that

[quote]MM-CK wrote:
My second meet is coming up too, Oct 27 in Norfolk Va. I did not push too hard on the lifts at my first one, just wanted to go 9 for 9 and get my first 400lb DL, but ended up doing better than I expected and placed in the Juniors. Hoping to place again this time as well.

What have you been doing since your first meet and why did you wait so long? With potential numbers like that I would think you’d be competing more. Right now I am kicking myself for not hitting up a meet over the summer, my first was in April and the 6 months training for my second has turned into an eternity, I cant wait![/quote]

What’s the Norfolk meet? USAPL’s holding one the same day up in Lexington.

Ill also be doing my 2nd. My first one was an awful experience so I had to force myself to sign up for this one but Im looking forward to it. Its in San Antonio, Tx on Dec.15th. Currently weighing in at 209 with a heavy bulk up but Im planning on getting back down to 198 and shooting for a 405-270-445.

Impressive lift man!

Thanks. My lower back was way too rounded, but I have been working on my lockout. Could have tripled it as well. In 6 weeks I have gone from a fast to just above my knees grinder 600 deadlift to an easy double 580.

[quote]animus wrote:

[quote]MM-CK wrote:

What have you been doing since your first meet and why did you wait so long? With potential numbers like that I would think you’d be competing more. Right now I am kicking myself for not hitting up a meet over the summer, my first was in April and the 6 months training for my second has turned into an eternity, I cant wait![/quote]

What’s the Norfolk meet? USAPL’s holding one the same day up in Lexington.[/quote]

Brute Strength Gym, SPF. I dont actually live in VA but its the closest meet to me and its a pretty cool gym so I dont mind driving a little ways to get there.

swedish nationals in nov

Went 7-9, 500 good, 545 miss, 545 good for squats. 290 smoked, 315 easy, 330 on bench. 565 good, 605 good, 630 missed it by 3 inches, although I am pretty sure we weren’t using a deadlift bar. Overall a 1480 total and I won 1st in the 275 class. Good meet, but have a lot of work to do.

Nice! Good lifts!