T Nation

Second Cycle Critique: Test + Eq?

My first cycle (test only, 500 mg/week) went pretty well; I gained 27 lbs and have held about 19 lbs of it so far (my last shot was 2.5 months ago). There were no negative side effects.

My body fat has always pretty constant at 12% (+/- 1%). Sure, I’d prefer to be at 10% or 8% body fat, but with my genetics, I think I’d have to give up a lot of muscle in order to cut my fat that much. (My diet is already very clean, and I do regular cardio.) So I’m not going to focus on fat loss, but I’m not going to do an all-out-bulk either. For my next cycle my goal would be to put on an additional 10 - 15 lbs of muscle. I was thinking of the following:

week 1 (front load): 500 mg Test E, 500 mg Equipose, .5 mg Arimidex ED
week 2 - 12 (cycle): 300 mg Test E, 300 mg Equipose, .5 mg Arimidex ED
week 13 - 14 (clearing period): .5 mg Arimidex ED
week 15 - 18 (stasis period): 100 mg test E, 20 mg Nolvadex, 20 mg Aromasin
week 19 - 21 (tapering test): 75/50/25 mg test E, 20 mg Nolvadex
week 21 - 22 (tapering Nolva): 10 mg Nolvadex

Notes:

• Shots would be E3D
  • I gained a lot of water on my last cycle, despite running .5 mg Arimidex EOD. Thus I’m upping it to .5 mg ED in this cycle. (It’s also possible that my Arimidix last cycle was fake. That won’t be a problem this time.)
  • I know some people don’t like the front load, but it makes sense to me. I’d probably keep the amount per shot the same for the first week, but inject E2D.
  • I’m wary of getting gyno. Thus you’ll notice I even taper the Nolvadex at the end of the cycle to avoid any rebound effect.
  • My test taper is slightly different than the p22 taper, but it’s worked for me so far, so I’d like to stick with it unless its clearly flawed.
  • I included Aromisin in weeks 15 - 18 because 1) I already own it, 2) Supposedly it’s better than Arimidex when being run in conjunction with Nolvadex. (Can anyone verify this?)

I would appreciate any critiques of this cycle you can provide. Thank you.

Just for clarity you intend to run 300mg of TestE and EQ per week or E3D? If E3D then you’re intending to shot about 125mg E3D?

You realize if you ran 500mg Test last time and run 300Test/300EQ this time you will actually have less gains than last time, especially with .5mg ED of adex.
AR-hooker had the article on aromasin as a pct compliment to nolva. I’m ok with it. I’ve used Aromasin before myself and found it to be easier on my system the a-dex.
I have to believe your gyno likelihood is very very small at your dosages and your adex levels.

If you thought your original a’dex was fake, and you’re sure what you have now isn’t, why are you starting out at such a high dosage?

You may need to gauge your dosing by how your body reacts, starting with .25mg E3D and increasing once symptoms (bloat) start showing, versus .5mg ED.

I am not a fan of front loading but you appear to be set on it so I will leave that point alone. As Saps mentioned a full cycle at 300mg/week test and 300mg/week EQ will be less potent than your first cycle of test at 500mg/week. I would suggest that you keep your test at 500mg/week and then add in another drug on top. EQ is not a bad drug for gaining quality mass but you must be able to control the hunger surge that may come with it. Many people find it easy to over eat when on EQ. It will help with mass but may in turn raise bf% a little. If this is going to be an issue then I would suggest the addition of masteron. If this is a non factor to you then 500mg/week test and 300mg/week EQ would work well.

If your Adex is legit then you shouldn’t need over .25mg/day for this stack.

I’m curious what you mean by a “rebound” effect with Nolvadex, considering it doesn’t actually suppress estrogen.

Guys, Those were some good points, and I’ve responded below. I appreciate it.

Correct.

I thought test and EQ were roughly the same in terms of strength, and that the main difference between the two was the greater water retention brought on by testE. Is that incorrect?

I just suspected it was fake since I gained 10 lbs of water, just like someone not taking a’dex would have. But perhaps this is incorrect. Could someone taking .5 mg a’dex EOD still gain 10 lbs of water? (Within two weeks of starting Aromasin during PCT, I had lost all 10 lbs, which is why I assume it was water weight.)

I may be fine, but if not I’ll raise my protein intake at the expense of fat/carbs to avoid overeating. If that doesn’t work, perhaps lowering the dose of EQ would do it.

Would masteron reduce my appetite or somehow keep me from gaining fat, or would it just prevent me from carrying water weight due to it’s anti-e properties? Because I’m already planning to take a’dex, so I doubt I’ll be carrying much extra water.

Interesting point, and I admit I hadn’t really thought about it. Just read somewhere that it would be good to taper nolva. I take it you all think this is unnecessary?

Thank you all.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]mailman25 wrote:

I thought test and EQ were roughly the same in terms of strength, and that the main difference between the two was the greater water retention brought on by testE. Is that incorrect?

Would masteron reduce my appetite or somehow keep me from gaining fat, or would it just prevent me from carrying water weight due to it’s anti-e properties? Because I’m already planning to take a’dex, so I doubt I’ll be carrying much extra water.

.[/quote]

Although test will have a tendency to add more water weight it is much stronger overall than EQ. The exact difference in androgenic and anabolic ratings escape me right now but just know that test is a much stronger compound.

I don’t think masteron would decrease your appetite but it would not increase it the way EQ possibly could. Masteron is very good at hardening and adding quality weight while also having a strong affinity for SHBG.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
I’m curious what you mean by a “rebound” effect with Nolvadex, considering it doesn’t actually suppress estrogen.[/quote]

I’ve also heard this mentioned before and it would seem to refer to the body sensing lower-than-normal estrogen levels once the SERM is removed from the equation.

Of course this would actually lead to more LH and test production (in order to reach the desired estrogen levels) and we never have heard of a test boost upon cessation of SERMs, so we’re prob back to the anecdotal guessing game as usual.

mailman remember that water retention inside your muscles is the biggest part of getting big and strong. EQ is not in Test’s league for strength and mass, or bloating admittedly. Bushy brings up a great point about starting your a-dex so early. The first several weeks probably require nothing. IMO your entire cycle requires no pre-planned a-dex. If as you progress you think you need it [which again I doubt] start at .25mg and go from there.