Seattle Terror Plot Foiled

[quote]smh23 wrote:
“If I were to put a tiny cyanide capsule in an apple, would you argue that the vast majority of the apple is still okay to eat, or would you throw away the whole apple?” This statement of yours implies EXACTLY what you just said no one ever claimed.

I don’t care if it’s your belief or if you’re simply playing devil’s advocate or illustrating a point for the fuck of it. The argument is there. And though you seem not to actually subscribe to it, there are people around here who do.[/quote]

As I already pointed out, I never said Islam was a poisoned apple. I was only showing the flaw in your logic.

Secondly, that example was illustrating the point that the large majority of the apple was good. You completely misunderstood my whole argument apparently.

I did not ever in the slightest insinuate anything remotely close to “all Muslims are terrorists”. The very example you brought up actually illustrates the polar opposite view.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Many, many people on these boards either explicitly claim or imply exactly as much.[/quote]

“Abdul-Latif & Walli Mujahidh…but let’s not discuss their faith, because it would be wrong.”

This is what you responded to. This in no way did that.[/quote]

He said something, I said something. It wasn’t an attack on him, it simply built on the theme that he brought up. I don’t have to wait for something to explicitly refute in order to make a statement on these boards.[/quote]

Eating your own feces is bad.

You haven’t yet connected the statement you made to ANYTHING anyone said in the thread.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
“If I were to put a tiny cyanide capsule in an apple, would you argue that the vast majority of the apple is still okay to eat, or would you throw away the whole apple?” This statement of yours implies EXACTLY what you just said no one ever claimed.[/quote]

I have a much better anology. If 1% of employees of “Apples-R-Us” publicly said they were going to poison random apples until a certain segment of the population was dead, then it would be safe to assume that all apples from “Apples-R-Us” would not be safe to eat.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
“If I were to put a tiny cyanide capsule in an apple, would you argue that the vast majority of the apple is still okay to eat, or would you throw away the whole apple?” This statement of yours implies EXACTLY what you just said no one ever claimed.

I don’t care if it’s your belief or if you’re simply playing devil’s advocate or illustrating a point for the fuck of it. The argument is there. And though you seem not to actually subscribe to it, there are people around here who do.[/quote]

As I already pointed out, I never said Islam was a poisoned apple. I was only showing the flaw in your logic.

Secondly, that example was illustrating the point that the large majority of the apple was good. You completely misunderstood my whole argument apparently.

I did not ever in the slightest insinuate anything remotely close to “all Muslims are terrorists”. The very example you brought up actually illustrates the polar opposite view.[/quote]

You implied that the apple would have to be thrown out in its entirety. Analogously, Islam would have to be condemned in its entirety. Try and get out of that.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
“If I were to put a tiny cyanide capsule in an apple, would you argue that the vast majority of the apple is still okay to eat, or would you throw away the whole apple?” This statement of yours implies EXACTLY what you just said no one ever claimed.[/quote]

I have a much better anology. If 1% of employees of “Apples-R-Us” publicly said they were going to poison random apples until a certain segment of the population was dead, then it would be safe to assume that all apples from “Apples-R-Us” would not be safe to eat.[/quote]

But not that every employee was doing it.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

I have a much better anology. If 1% of employees of “Apples-R-Us” publicly said they were going to poison random apples until a certain segment of the population was dead, then it would be safe to assume that all apples from “Apples-R-Us” would not be safe to eat.[/quote]

But not that every employee was doing it.[/quote]

No, but enough are to make all their apples too risky.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Many, many people on these boards either explicitly claim or imply exactly as much.[/quote]

“Abdul-Latif & Walli Mujahidh…but let’s not discuss their faith, because it would be wrong.”

He said something, I said something. It wasn’t an attack on him, it simply built on the theme that he brought up. I don’t have to wait for something to explicitly refute in order to make a statement on these boards.[/quote]

You haven’t yet connected the statement you made to ANYTHING anyone said in the thread.[/quote]

Listen man, YOU quoted MY claim, tried to pick it apart logically, couldn’t. Because it is not able to be logically picked apart. Because it is true. Now your argument has devolved into “but no one said that.” OK…I said it for no reason, then. But your first response took issue with the claim itself, not the fact that it came apropos of nothing.

I don’t enjoy arguing for the simple sake of arguing as you seem to. I made a claim. It was uncontroversial and not directly aimed at anyone (though it seems that around here, it needs to be made in every Islam thread). The claim was a true one. Just let it go.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

But not that every employee was doing it.[/quote]

No, but enough are to make all their apples too risky.
[/quote]

You’re right about that. But that is an analogy, not reality. My point was about the real world, and stands.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

I did not ever in the slightest insinuate anything remotely close to “all Muslims are terrorists”. The very example you brought up actually illustrates the polar opposite view.[/quote]

You implied that the apple would have to be thrown out in its entirety. Analogously, Islam would have to be condemned in its entirety. Try and get out of that.[/quote]

Yup I was illustrating that a small percent can in fact corrupt an entire thing. Which is contrary to what you claimed. And still doesn’t touch anywhere close to them all being terrorists.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

You implied that the apple would have to be thrown out in its entirety. Analogously, Islam would have to be condemned in its entirety. Try and get out of that.[/quote]

Yup I was illustrating that a small percent can in fact corrupt an entire thing. Which is contrary to what you claimed. And still doesn’t touch anywhere close to them all being terrorists.[/quote]

And my counterargument was that this line of thinking condemns everything and everyone: Christianity, Islam, Judaism, blacks, whites, Chinese people, lawyers, politicians, mailmen, southerners, northerners. Therefore, it is meaningless.

Christians have killed BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION. You say: “a small percent can in fact corrupt an entire thing.” So, Christianity is corrupted? No. It isn’t. Because that logic is complete bullshit. And you don’t really believe it. Disingenuous and incorrect are not good qualities in a statement.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

You haven’t yet connected the statement you made to ANYTHING anyone said in the thread.[/quote]

Listen man, YOU quoted MY claim, tried to pick it apart logically, couldn’t. Because it is not able to be logically picked apart. Because it is true. Now your argument has devolved into “but no one said that.” OK…I said it for no reason, then. But your first response took issue with the claim itself, not the fact that it came apropos of nothing.

I don’t enjoy arguing for the simple sake of arguing as you seem to. I made a claim. It was uncontroversial and not directly aimed at anyone (though it seems that around here, it needs to be made in every Islam thread). The claim was a true one. Just let it go.[/quote]

But you haven’t been able to point out one example where anyone did any such thing.

It isn’t necessary to pick it apart. Something can be true and still be poorly reasoned, out of place, and stupid. See my poop statement.

The problem is that your statement has implied and you have even made the claim that relating terror and Islam is equivalence to claiming all Muslims are terrorists. But you haven’t been able to point out one example where anyone did any such thing.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Yup I was illustrating that a small percent can in fact corrupt an entire thing. Which is contrary to what you claimed. And still doesn’t touch anywhere close to them all being terrorists.[/quote]

And my counterargument was that this line of thinking condemns everything and everyone: Christianity, Islam, Judaism, blacks, whites, Chinese people, lawyers, politicians, mailmen, southerners, northerners. Therefore, it is meaningless.

Christians have killed BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION. You say: “a small percent can in fact corrupt an entire thing.” So, Christianity is corrupted? No. It isn’t. Because that logic is complete bullshit. And you don’t really believe it. Disingenuous and incorrect are not good qualities in a statement.[/quote]

I already addressed this, not to mention the fact that I never condemned anything.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

I don’t enjoy arguing for the simple sake of arguing as you seem to. I made a claim. It was uncontroversial and not directly aimed at anyone (though it seems that around here, it needs to be made in every Islam thread). The claim was a true one. Just let it go.[/quote][/quote]

But you haven’t been able to point out one example where anyone did any such thing.

It isn’t necessary to pick it apart. Something can be true and still be poorly reasoned, out of place, and stupid. See my poop statement.

The problem is that your statement has implied and you have even made the claim that relating terror and Islam is equivalence to claiming all Muslims are terrorists.

You are attempted to shade the argument in a way that I would label rhetoric.

Alright man I’m done with this one. My point stands–you admit as much. I don’t give a shit if you thought it out of place. I didn’t think it out of place. Which was why I posted it.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Alright man I’m done with this one. My point stands–you admit as much. I don’t give a shit if you thought it out of place. I didn’t think it out of place. Which was why I posted it.[/quote]

It stands, in the same way my statement about poop does. Point SMH

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Alright man I’m done with this one. My point stands–you admit as much. I don’t give a shit if you thought it out of place. I didn’t think it out of place. Which was why I posted it.[/quote]

It stands, in the same way my statement about poop does. Point SMH[/quote]

The difference is I didn’t try to refute your statement, whereas you did mine (and failed).

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

The difference is I didn’t try to refute your statement, whereas you did mine (and failed).[/quote]

I never tried to refute it. I only called it out of place and stupid. I was successful at that by the way.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

The difference is I didn’t try to refute your statement, whereas you did mine (and failed).[/quote]

I never tried to refute it. I only called it out of place and stupid. I was successful at that by the way.[/quote]

Here is your first response to me, in its entirety:

"Saying Islam is bad and saying all Muslims are terrorists are 2 different things.

If Islam leads only 1% of it’s people to try to carry off or support terror attacks, it can make it justified to say that the religion is bad. It does not take majority or even a large percentage to make something bad.

If one Christian in a thousand killed a thousand non-believers, Christianity would be bad. Even though the number of bad Christians would only be .1%.

If I were to put a tiny cyanide capsule in an apple, would you argue that the vast majority of the apple is still okay to eat, or would you throw away the whole apple?"

This doesn’t mention the notion of my point being out of place. It tries to justify the position that “Islam is bad.” This was not apropos of my original statement, which was: It’s not wrong to talk about the terrorists’ faith, but it’s wrong to use this example as an attack on others of the same faith who aren’t terrorists. THAT point, in this thread, is both apropos and uncontroversial.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

I never tried to refute it. I only called it out of place and stupid. I was successful at that by the way.[/quote]

Here is your first response to me, in its entirety:

"Saying Islam is bad and saying all Muslims are terrorists are 2 different things.

If Islam leads only 1% of it’s people to try to carry off or support terror attacks, it can make it justified to say that the religion is bad. It does not take majority or even a large percentage to make something bad.

If one Christian in a thousand killed a thousand non-believers, Christianity would be bad. Even though the number of bad Christians would only be .1%.

If I were to put a tiny cyanide capsule in an apple, would you argue that the vast majority of the apple is still okay to eat, or would you throw away the whole apple?"

This doesn’t mention the notion of my point being out of place. It tries to justify the position that “Islam is bad.” This was not apropos of my original statement, which was: It’s not wrong to talk about the terrorists’ faith, but it’s wrong to use this example as an attack on others of the same faith who aren’t terrorists. THAT point, in this thread, is both apropos and uncontroversial.[/quote]

No, all of those quotes illustrate that your insinuation that people calling Islam bad were calling all Muslims terrorists is wrong.

They all illustrate the point that you statement had no place in the discussion.

Every single one of those is entirely on topic. They all show that there is no link between discussing Islam as it relates to the situation and thinking all Muslims are bad as you brought up.

I’m not sure how to make the point any simpler for you. I’m honestly beginning to wonder if you are trolling in this thread. You’ve shown far more intelligence in other threads.

OMG, this shit again…and by the same people.

2 points:

1. Spanish Inquisition, Crusades, torture and burning alive of heretics for believing the Earth revolves around the sun, killing and bombing of abortion clinics, genocide in Bosnia, The Family funding of a death sentence for homosexuality in Uganda, the KKK–I could go on for awhile here, but hopefully you get the point.

2. How about this: ALL religion fosters hate and bigotry and should not be encouraged.

Here we go…