Seasoning Vegetables

Any Cajun Style Seasoning

I put butter and sea salt on all my vegetables- it’s a good way for me to get some extra saturated fat in and tastes great.

I did see one mention of soy sauce. That should be a staple, if you cook with vegs. Just sprinkle a little right after you cook them, and if you want to go wild, a few drops of toasted sesame oil with the soy sauce is really really good.

And if you’re going with garlic and salt, a mediteranian style–a quick sprinkle of virgin olive oil is the best place to get those healthy fats, tastes great. Or make it taste indian with butter, and cumin, and curry powder.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

You must really like garlic if you put it in your coffee. Seriously, are you putting me on? You really do that? I can’t imagine what garlic flavored coffee would taste like.[/quote]

Sorry, that was a vague reference to The Simpsons episode where Homer is working as a Food Critic. I drink my coffee black.

[quote]bimmerczech wrote:
I put butter and sea salt on all my vegetables- it’s a good way for me to get some extra saturated fat in and tastes great.[/quote]

Does Sea Salt taste different than regular or Kosher salt?

Parmesan cheese is great. I also use Mrs.Dash, and other various seasonings. I use hot sauce sometimes as well.

Pan fry with butter, garlic powder, black pepper and Tony Cacheres cajun seasoning. Delicious. Careful with the Tony’s though. It has a strong flavor and too much will just make your food super salty. Don’t use extra salt with it either.

Just fry them enough so that they are still firm but not quite crunchy.