[quote]QuadasarusFlex wrote:
Who cares,Nirvana is overrated as shit.[/quote]

Shut your god damn mouth.

Pearl Jam were much less concieted

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
Okay…according to Wikipedia, there IS no SEAL Team 6. It was dissolved in 1987:

SEAL Team 6 was dissolved in 1987. The operators of SEAL Team Six established the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, also known as DEVGRU. While DEVGRU is administratively supported by Naval Special Warfare Command, they are operationally under the command of the Joint Special Operations Command.[/quote]

You honestly believed that Wikipedia of all places would have reliable info on a special ops unit? [/quote]

According to the actual SEAL site, there are teams 1, 3, 5, 7 on the west coast, 2 4, 8, 10, on the east coast and others:

http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seals-duty-stations.aspx[/quote]

Some of you West Coast people might be surprised to find out what rests beneath the sand on the Southern California beaches, this is confirmed from a family member of mine who did contract work with Boeing.

All you people tanning, rollerblading, surfing, are sitting on a the entire Naval armament.

And you thought you only had to worry about sharks in the Pacific.

[quote]John S. wrote:

Shut your god damn mouth.[/quote]
Yeah,simple music using only 3 strings and bland lyrics really constitute as good music. Am I wrong? Hell,they arent even the best Grunge band and thats saying alot considering how terrible Grunge music is.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
Okay…according to Wikipedia, there IS no SEAL Team 6. It was dissolved in 1987:

SEAL Team 6 was dissolved in 1987. The operators of SEAL Team Six established the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, also known as DEVGRU. While DEVGRU is administratively supported by Naval Special Warfare Command, they are operationally under the command of the Joint Special Operations Command.[/quote]

You honestly believed that Wikipedia of all places would have reliable info on a special ops unit? [/quote]

Actually, that is accurate. My cousin is training for the SEALs in San Diego, (where I live) we saw him on Easter and he was telling us all about DEVGRU. They are the real thing. The top echelon of ‘elite’. The blackest of black ops are carried out by DEVGRU. All the weapons and armor in development, that won’t be issued to the military for another 5-10 years, DEVGRU is using it now.
[/quote]

Okay, so what about the other missing numbers? 9, 13, 12, 15, 16? Did they just not use them?

Poster on CNN.com: If a Navy SEAL says he’s dead, he’s dead.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
Pearl Jam were much less talented[/quote]

fixed

[quote]John S. wrote:

Shut your god damn mouth.[/quote]
Yeah,simple music using only 3 strings and bland lyrics really constitute as good music. Am I wrong? Hell,they arent even the best Grunge band and thats saying alot considering how terrible Grunge music is.[/quote]

Wrong. Alice In Chains and Soundgarden are 2 of the best bands ever. And if it weren’t for Nirvana, that wussy hair-metal of the 80’s probably would have gone on longer than any real rock fans could tolerate.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Wrong. Alice In Chains and Soundgarden are 2 of the best bands ever. And if it weren’t for Nirvana, that wussy hair-metal of the 80’s probably would have gone on longer than any real rock fans could tolerate.
[/quote]

First off, take that back.

and secondly…take that back

Nirvana fucking blows. She should be slapped for having horrible taste in music.

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

First off, take that back.

and secondly…take that back
[/quote]

Damn. I seriously hate letting Edgy down.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Damn. I seriously hate letting Edgy down.
[/quote]

I can’t believe that you don’t think that men with spandex, hairspray and lipstick can make good music.

on second thought.

fergetit~

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Nirvana fucking blows. She should be slapped for having horrible taste in music.[/quote]

couldnt agree with you more…i cant fuckin stand nirvana, every song sounds exactly the same and they just all out suck…and seeing molly cyrus sing that horrible song makes me hate both even more than i already do…SEAL team 6, you have a Green Light

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:

Nirvana fucking blows. She should be slapped for having horrible taste in music.[/quote]

couldnt agree with you more…i cant fuckin stand nirvana, every song sounds exactly the same and they just all out suck…and seeing molly cyrus sing that horrible song makes me hate both even more than i already do…SEAL team 6, you have a Green Light[/quote]

While we may come from complete opposite sides on this issue, it is good to see we have the same conclusion.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:

couldnt agree with you more…i cant fuckin stand nirvana, every song sounds exactly the same and they just all out suck…and seeing molly cyrus sing that horrible song makes me hate both even more than i already do…SEAL team 6, you have a Green Light[/quote]

While we may come from complete opposite sides on this issue, it is good to see we have the same conclusion.[/quote]

Common ground is a beautiful thing when you can find it.

SEAL Team 6 was created in the early 80s as the SEAL version of a counter-terrorism units. At the time, there were only two teams (Team 1 in Coronado and Team 2 in Little Creek, Virginia; the “6” was used to throw off Russian spies regarding the number of SEAL Teams.) Team 6 drew from the best in the other SEAL Teams until it was “dissolved” in the late 80s.

Navy Special Warfare then formed DEVGRU in it’s place, but DEVGRU functions exactly like Team 6 and is simply the same thing but by a different name.

SEAL Teams 1-5, and 7, 8, and 10 (note there is no SEAL Team 9*) are known as “Tier 2” special forces. They are elite in the sense that they operate in secret and in small units, but report directly to Navy Special Warfare.

SEAL Team 6/DEVGRU is a “Tier 1” unit that, along with the U.S. Army’s Delta Force, reports directly to the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC). Tier 1 operators are basically the ones that go out on a moments’ notice when the President picks up the phone and needs operators in the field ASAP.

What’s crazy is that there is a commando unit even above SEAL Team 6/Delta. The CIA’s Special Operations Group (SOG) is a clandestine unit comprised of former Tier 1 operators who conduct secret paramiliarty missions. They operate in ways that cannot link them to the United States (i.e., no uniforms or insignia).

In summary:

Conventional military units -----> Tier 2 operators (most SEAL Teams, Green Berets, Rangers, Marine Recon) ----> Tier 1 operators (SEAL Team 6, Delta) -----> CIA’s SOG

*I don’t think there is anything sinister about the absence of a Team 9. The Navy is probably trying to keep things balanced between the odd-numbered West Coast teams (1, 3, 5, and 7) and the even-numbered East Coast teams (2, 4, 8, and 10). Consistent with it’s status as an even-numbered team, Team 6/DEVGRU is also based in Virginia.

Any input on this, Gregron? Or would you have to kill us if you told us?

As a side note, SEAL team 6 was referenced in the movie The Rock as the team that went in and got annihilated.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
As a side note, SEAL team 6 was referenced in the movie The Rock as the team that went in and got annihilated.[/quote]
Seal Team 6 is also featured in Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PS2.

How can she be “inspired” by music from a band defunct when she was 2 years old?