Seal Oil

CT,

What do you think of other sources of Omega-3’s aside from fish oil? I found a bottle of arctic source Harp Seal Oil and was wondering what your opinion on the stuff is.

I have a buddy back home in Anchorage, AK whose family is from Unanakleet (way up north in the bush) and he goes up there a lot and says they eat a ton of seal oil, whale fat (muktuk), and of course salmon. Ive never tried it but he says he dips a few pieces of dried seal meat in seal oil and afterwords is bursting with energy, running around the Tundra all night (bc it doesnt get dark in the summer). I didnt even know they made it into a supplement but if its the same quality stuff and not super expensive it might be worth a shot.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
CT,

What do you think of other sources of Omega-3’s aside from fish oil? I found a bottle of arctic source Harp Seal Oil and was wondering what your opinion on the stuff is.[/quote]

Everybody should boycott answering your questions until you change your profile pic. That’s just GROSS!

[quote]elGreatestWeight wrote:
I have a buddy back home in Anchorage, AK whose family is from Unanakleet (way up north in the bush) and he goes up there a lot and says they eat a ton of seal oil, whale fat (muktuk), and of course salmon. Ive never tried it but he says he dips a few pieces of dried seal meat in seal oil and afterwords is bursting with energy, running around the Tundra all night (bc it doesnt get dark in the summer). I didnt even know they made it into a supplement but if its the same quality stuff and not super expensive it might be worth a shot.[/quote]

Interesting. Here in Canada I believe theres a couple of months where its open hunting on seals and the label says 100% pure arctic source. It comes in 300 x 500mg capsules (compared to 1000mg fish oil capsules) and cost me ~$14.50 CDN. To be honest I felt kinda guilty buying seal oil, but then I realized it’s just how the food chain is structured.

[quote]agent9041 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
CT,

What do you think of other sources of Omega-3’s aside from fish oil? I found a bottle of arctic source Harp Seal Oil and was wondering what your opinion on the stuff is.[/quote]

Everybody should boycott answering your questions until you change your profile pic. That’s just GROSS![/quote]

LOL, it was the picture I used for the Facebook event of the annual pizza hut eating contest my friends and I have, I got a similar reaction.