Screaming Morons - A Vent Post

Ok I woke up this morning and went to the gym. I love sundays at the gym, not a lot of people around, no waiting for equipment, etc. So I am down there at 10am and am looking forward to a nice back day. Start heavy finish light was my focus. Put my music on… its go time. Start off with wieghed pull-ups. went good. went and did old school t-bars (with a bar against the wall). Downhill from there. This fuckwit who is 6’3 maybe 160 soaking wet with his friend, who’s 5’10 150 tops. Both these tools come in with cut off shirts and little 80’s gym shorts… nice… and yes they got to get the squat rack next to me. AWESOME! So i am doing 4 plates rep it out 15 times. next set the same, but wait! WTF is going on. I hit rep 8 and the scream from the squat rack scared the shit out of me almost causing me to drop the weight… was someone getting murdered? Someone break a leg? no some fuckwit was doing 185. 185 on squats? I take shits bigger than that.

At first i thought it was a fluke. NO. then the friend gets on after these idiots high 5 each other on the “great” set mr fuckwit just did. The friend, ill call him mr tool, proceeds to jump around yelling " yea yea yea get some yea" then runs to the bar and starts doing his set of 185 8x. WOW yea he’s a screamer to. AWESOME. So it pisses me off helping my workout a little. I go up to 5 plates. tools stay at 185, and scream set after set. kill me. i got up to 7 plates get it up 6 times and i’m sucking for air, and all i hear is fuckwit and mr tool screaming, high 5’n each other, and now the greatest thing i’ve seen in a while pointing to jesus and yelling “its all you baby”. Oh god I had to leave my corner. I go on the other side of the gym and for the rest of the workout i hear mr tool and fuckwit screaming for the intense amount of wieght that they are doing… 4 plates on leg press… 90 lbs on hacks, and 80lbs (by the look of the plates) on leg extensions. Tools.

I understand people who put in the hours at the gym make noises from the intense amount of weight, but can someone please explain to me the purpose on screaming like a 5 year old girl who didnt get her way after EVERY set of warm up weight. What a joke. Ahhhh venting helps.

Just title your thread “I squatted 675x6.”

That, and lets see a video.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

That, and lets see a video.[/quote]

ROFL!

You get time to train whilst taking notes of their routines?

That, and did you get their phone numbers?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

How many guys who can squat that are into hentai girls?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

I second this, especially the video. Your profile says you’re 210lbs, so claiming to squat over 3xbw for 6 reps is pretty unbelievable. I hope you prove me wrong…

Did you ask them to be quiet?

[quote]animalmj wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

I second this, especially the video. Your profile says you’re 210lbs, so claiming to squat over 3xbw for 6 reps is pretty unbelievable. I hope you prove me wrong…
[/quote]

Where did you get that… i was doing T-Bar rows next to the squat racks. I never clained to squat 600+ lbs. My Squat is 465 x 2 maybe 3 on a “great day”. maybe you should read the arctile instead of just picking and choosing words. Man thats the same shit my girl does when we argue… pick 1 word from 1 statement and another word from another statement and mash them together. Did ya miss the whole “back day”

[quote]marathe wrote:
You get time to train whilst taking notes of their routines?

That, and did you get their phone numbers?[/quote]

no you tool, but it is hard not to notice someones routine when they scream like a retard every set. maybe if you went to a gym instead of a bowflex routine you may understand that. But if the 80’s gym shorts do it for you maybe i can ask them next time for you and PM you with the digits.

[quote]esp7781 wrote:
animalmj wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Where did you get that… i was doing T-Bar rows next to the squat racks. I never clained to squat 600+ lbs. My Squat is 465 x 2 maybe 3 on a “great day”. maybe you should read the arctile instead of just picking and choosing words. Man thats the same shit my girl does when we argue… pick 1 word from 1 statement and another word from another statement and mash them together. Did ya miss the whole “back day” [/quote]

I apologize. I only read what I quoted and not your initial post. I’m also sorry to be lumped in with the catagory of your girl.

[quote]animalmj wrote:
esp7781 wrote:
animalmj wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Where did you get that… i was doing T-Bar rows next to the squat racks. I never clained to squat 600+ lbs. My Squat is 465 x 2 maybe 3 on a “great day”. maybe you should read the arctile instead of just picking and choosing words. Man thats the same shit my girl does when we argue… pick 1 word from 1 statement and another word from another statement and mash them together. Did ya miss the whole “back day”

I apologize. I only read what I quoted and not your initial post. I’m also sorry to be lumped in with the catagory of your girl.

[/quote]

Thanks for apologizing, I Just want to be clear… this is NOT i am god almighty strongest dude walking the face of the planet, but it drives me nuts when people do normal weight… that i would say 75% of guys do at the gym, and act like morons. Thats all i was trying to get across as my fustration. I wouldnt lump ya into the same class as my ol lady… thats too harsh for ya and there aint no way she would EVER admit to being wrong… haha

This thread has potential.

Yes, the screaming stick figures are very annoying…borderline gay i must say.

their weight used is irrelevant. Their behavior is retarded.

True the weight doesnt matter, but it makes it all the more fustrating when they are using light weights.

[quote]esp7781 wrote:
True the weight doesnt matter, but it makes it all the more fustrating when they are using light weights.[/quote]

How do you figure? I see a lot of big guys in the gym who make noise, scream when talking to others, and slam weights and it seems like they’re trying to just attract attention to themselves. Its even more annoying when guys who are impressive, who’ll get a look with the weight they’re using or their size regardless of the fact that they bring more attention to themselves by being a jackass.

[quote]and slam weights and it seems like they’re trying to just attract attention to themselves.
[/quote]

You have just summed my point up in that line. But for the sense of debate who looks more retarded.

a guy screamin at the top of his lungs doing dumbell curls with 5 lb weights

OR

a guy screaming at the top of his lungs doing 75lb dumbell curls?

Mind you, in my opinion they are both annoying but but but there is no physical way a 5 lb dumbell curl will make anyone scream. So that goes back to your point i have quoted…attracting attention.

Oh an Happy new years to all… even the one’s that dont agree with me… haha. Its all good.

I seriously agree I hate screaming I think it can easily be avoided even for heavy max attempts. It’s just a way to draw attention which you have touched on, and its very annoying. I hate myself when I let out a grunt here and there, but it happens.

I wouldn’t have so much of a problem with it if people didn’t do it EVERY REP almost like if its a last rep its understandable. Or if your trying out a max attempt lift and are trying to get a little more intensity.

Just ignore them though, if you have an ipod I would bring it with you to the gym. If they are not getting their attentions they will most likely stop.

[quote]

Just ignore them though, if you have an ipod I would bring it with you to the gym. If they are not getting their attentions they will most likely stop. [/quote]

well the reason for this vent, is the guy was screaming so loud it was actually going over my mp3 player at it highest level.

Sigh… i just dont know why “screamers” have to exist in the gym… now a girl in the bedroom who’s a screamer… different story… haha… i guess there is a place and time for everything.