Screaming Guy

Does anyone remember that thread from a few years ago about the OLY lifter who would make crazy sounds before he lifted?

Kind of a broad description I know… but he would walk up to the bar and yell something like “EEEEEEEE EEEEEEE EEEAAHHHHH”. Some guy from New York I think.

thanks ahead.

Honestly I only clicked on this thread because I recognized your screen name and I think your avatar is awesome.

That being said, I think I remember the guy you’re talking about. Older guy, his arms don’t lock out completely, yelling and screaming all the time about how awesome he is. Allegedly held (or still holds) some state weightlifting records or something. If I remember correctly, I first saw him in a competition video of some guy who used to post here. It was forever ago, video of of the 85s at . . . some competition haha. Think this old bastard was in there, and I think a young Jared Fleming may have been in the video as well. Not sure though, was a long time ago and I’m too lazy to look it up.

Had an epiphany. This is actually the video I was thinking of. Old guy doing the power versions with bent elbows is the guy your description made me think of. Guy in the dark blue singlet used to post here ages ago. Guy in the light blue singlet looks and kinda lifts like a younger smaller Jared Fleming, but I don’t know for sure.

I remember the guy in the dark blue singlet. I’m pretty sure his name was krollmonster. It’s funny cos I’d only just started weightlifting back then and he was posting quite a lot of vids on here and I used to think his technique was spot on, but looking at it now with another 5-years or so experience I’m not that impressed (although he is shifting a good amount of weight).

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:
I remember the guy in the dark blue singlet. I’m pretty sure his name was krollmonster. It’s funny cos I’d only just started weightlifting back then and he was posting quite a lot of vids on here and I used to think his technique was spot on, but looking at it now with another 5-years or so experience I’m not that impressed (although he is shifting a good amount of weight).[/quote]

Krolls technique is pretty solid. All the fundamentals are down.

I cant remember the loud dude but he is fun to watch :slight_smile:

Koing

that’s definitely Jared Fleming

That guy in the white singlet had some really good technique.

Brian Drescher.

you cant post those without this one too from back in time.

Im pretty sure he clean and jerked 175 kg too

I actually train in the same commercial gym as Brian and we trained this past sunday.
very cool guy.

He is a very knowledgeable lifter- still competes in his late 40’s
and just love his Lifting and amonia

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

I actually train in the same commercial gym as Brian and we trained this past sunday.
very cool guy.

[/quote]

That’s the dude! Brian Drescher! He sure loves his amonia!

Koing

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

very cool guy.

[/quote]

So he wasn’t always loud and obnoxious . . . maybe all that ammonia’s going to his head?

Imagine if Brian actually had some technique. Typical for American lifters though.

Who is the guy in the white singlet? That guy has perfect form.

[quote]TurboLykes wrote:
Who is the guy in the white singlet? That guy has perfect form.[/quote]

Frankie Murray from Metro Elite

[quote]dfreezy wrote:

[quote]TurboLykes wrote:
Who is the guy in the white singlet? That guy has perfect form.[/quote]

Frankie Murray from Metro Elite[/quote]

Same Frankie Murray that’s on the start list for nationals in the 85s with a 316 entry total?

In other news, look at you, coming out of the woodwork . . .