Scrawny to Brawny Question

I just got my Scrawny to Brawny book in the mail and I was looking over the training for phase IV and the exercises listed are as follows:

Workout A
Close Grip Incline Bench Press 3 x 4-5
Sternum Pullup 3 x 4-5

Reverse Pushups 3 x 4-5
Incline Dumbell Press 3 x 4-5

and then it goes on with workouts B and C.

My question is this… Instead of doing, for example, reverse pushups, could you refer back to page 92 in the book and choose a different exercise from the same category to substitute for reverse pushups? Like doing Reverse Flys or Cable Rows instead of the Reverse Pushups?

Sorry if I posted this to the wrong forum… I am a newbie. Thank You for your time. J.P

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
I just got my Scrawny to Brawny book in the mail and I was looking over the training for phase IV and the exercises listed are as follows:

Workout A
Sternum Pullup 3 x 4-5

Reverse Pushups 3 x 4-5

My question is this… Instead of doing, for example, reverse pushups, could you refer back to page 92 in the book and choose a different exercise from the same category to substitute for reverse pushups? Like doing Reverse Flys or Cable Rows instead of the Reverse Pushups?

Sorry if I posted this to the wrong forum… I am a newbie. Thank You for your time. J.P
[/quote]

Unless you can name at least 3 different characteristics between the exercise suggested and the one you want to replace it with - go to the “Author’s lockerroom” (on this site) and ask JB himself what he thinks about it.

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:

Workout A
Sternum Pullup 3 x 4-5

Reverse Pushups 3 x 4-5

[/quote]

My understanding is as long as it is a horizontal pull that works those same muscle groups it’s all good. Also, I followed S2B a few months ago and love the results. I still use the strength training protocol in phase three. Anyway, you should know there is an error in thge routine listed in phase 4. The rep/set sequence is out of order. As soon as I can find the sheet I have with the corrections I’ll post in here.

ok… thanks man