Scott Peterson Guilty

I think it’s interesting that a man can be found guilty of killing his wifes unborn baby. If the baby is not considered to yet be a life, as it is “unborn” how can one then be convicted of murdering it?

If that is the case then we have had some 70 million murders, not abortions, since 1973. Is it just a murder when the husband kills it, but not when the wife kills it? Odd huh?

Perhaps someone with a fine legal mind can straighten this one out for all of us. BB are you available?

I would be interested to hear what other T-Nation members think of this situation.

I was actually waiting for this. As the trial progressed, I figured that if they could get the double murder charge to stick that they could create some kind of precedent that would please the pro-life crowd.

I am glad he was give the guilty verdict. I hope that motherfucker fries! What an idiot he was. His wife was gorgeous!

Very very good question…excuse me while I ponder for like 5 hrs… : )

Yeah, lets turn this into another abortion vs murder religious topic. That’s a great idea. Nah, on the other hand, lets not. Fry the bastard!

How is it that the liberals on here can scream for Peterson to die, without there being shread of physical evidence linking him to the crime?

Seems to me there was, and still is, quite the stink raised when President Bush declared that there were WMD’s in Iraq, based on overwhelming circumstantial evidence.

How do you Bush/Peterson hater’s justify your hate for Bush’s action and your own bloodlust for Peterson based on the same type of evidence?

The whole thing is bullshit. How can a guilty verdict be reached with no weapon, no time, place, etc., not even a clue how they died, etc. etc.

Rainjack,

If there was a reasonable doubt, he should now be a free man…

vroom -

You miss my point - the Bush haters ignore the same mountain of evidence that we had against Iraq, yet cheer for the execution of Peterson, I’m not questioning his guilt or innocence, just the hypocrisy of those such as Roy Batty.

You mean the evidence which has now been discredited?

[quote]LoneLobo wrote:
The whole thing is bullshit. How can a guilty verdict be reached with no weapon, no time, place, etc., not even a clue how they died, etc. etc.[/quote]

COMMON SENSE! and they could prove she was strangled if she would have had a head when she found her

Zeb,

From a philosophical perspective, your question is a difficult one. From a legal perspective, it’s easier. The actual holding of the Supreme Court’s decision in Roe v. Wade was as follows:

(a) For the stage prior to approximately the end of the first trimester, the abortion decision and its effectuation must be left to the medical judgment of the pregnant woman’s attending physician.

(b) For the stage subsequent to approximately the end of the first trimester, the State, in promoting its interest in the health of the mother, may, if it chooses, regulate the abortion procedure in ways that are reasonably related to maternal health.

(c) For the stage subsequent to viability, the State in promoting its interest in the potentiality of human life may, if it chooses, regulate, and even proscribe, abortion except where it is necessary, in appropriate medical judgment, for the preservation of the life or health of the mother.

According to CNN, Peterson’s wife was 8 months pregnant when she disappeared. Clearly, an 8-month old fetus is viable. Therefore, under the Supreme Court’s standards, the state is allowed to classify aborting an 8-month old fetus as murder.

She’s was 8 months along? Oh. Well, I suppose that leads me out of the murky waters and makes things pretty obvious.

To add to that, an abortion can only be carried out with the consent of the mother. This obviously leads down a far deeper rabbit hole than I want to go with the abortion issue. However, it seems to be common sense, that a “forced” abortion(such as in killing the mother) would constitute a homicide as there was no maternal consent. I guess the argument would be that if you consider a fetus part of the mother’s body for abortion rights purposes, what happened here should constitute some type of serious asault, and not a homicide(much like cutting off someone’s body parts would be).

Screw it either way. Lets not turn this into liberal vs conservative…the guy is a rat and its clear to most of us that hes guilty as hell. Unfortunately for him the Satanic cult theory didnt pan out…

[quote]vroom wrote:
You mean the evidence which has now been discredited?[/quote]

Who’s to say that, after Scott Peterson has been fried to a crisp, there won’t be evivdence surface that might have cleared him?

Never mind - you’ve just turned into the proverbial fence post, and I haven’t the time, nor the energy, to try and illuminate your hypocrisy.

Ding ding ding, rainjack wins a prize!

Hi Vroom,
On a side note, Are you a Carolyn Parrish fan? What’s that saying… if it sounds like a liberal, and smells like a liberal, it must be a liberal :slight_smile:

[quote]rainjack wrote:
vroom wrote:
You mean the evidence which has now been discredited?

Who’s to say that, after Scott Peterson has been fried to a crisp, there won’t be evivdence surface that might have cleared him?

Never mind - you’ve just turned into the proverbial fence post, and I haven’t the time, nor the energy, to try and illuminate your hypocrisy.[/quote]

rainjack:

Well…I have to agree it is time consuming…

[quote]Roy Batty wrote:
I am glad he was give the guilty verdict. I hope that motherfucker fries! What an idiot he was. His wife was gorgeous![/quote]

I agree- Laci was cute as a button- but poor ‘massage therapist’ Amber Frye looks like trailer trash in comparison.

rainjack: It is you who are deaf, dumb and blind. Overwhelming evidence for the war in Iraq…lolol. You are so brainwashed you have no idea.

Rainjack lives in an alternate universe where Scott Peterson was innocent and Iraq had WMDs and was behind the bombing of the world trade center! He believes in Santa too.