Scott Connelly's a Total Fraud

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I don’t have any information on whether Connelly had research that in fact backed up numbers he provided or not. If he didn’t that was fraudulent.

To me, being a total fraud would include having a product that was worthless. That was by no means the case with Met-Rx, particularly prior to going mass-market (by which I mean being available in supermarkets, Wal-Mart, etc.)

I didn’t buy the product on account of numerical claims. I spent a ton of money on it during, I guess, 1995-1997 because other proteins available in bb’ing were not, to my perception, nearly as good. It’s been well-surpassed now, and the product itself dropped greatly in quality after a while, but IMO it actually was a product to be excited about in its first few years. Not from claims of Connelly but because other stuff was generally pretty crappy and Met-Rx was quite good. To this day, I absolutely don’t feel I wasted a cent buying that product: I got my money’s worth.

To me, that isn’t quite the description of “total fraud.”

If he did have fake numbers, that was fraud. If he spiked anything, that would have been fraud too, and worse.

I’ve been interested in that latter question: it’s an assertion that’s been around for quite a while.

OP, can you provide evidence on that one? That would boost your effort here from same-old same-old to something that would be new to most or perhaps all.

[/quote]

You and me both Bill…call the guy whatever you want but at the time when your other options were shit like MLO protein and Weider crap Met-Rx was a god send and i probably consumed several truckloads. As far as spiking supps this always struck me as funny, number one if they were doing it GREAT GET ME SOME OF THAT!

But the likelihood is slim , by the time you get adequate amounts of and decent anabolic substance in there your unit cost would go high enough that you could not mass market it in a cost effective manner. I still think the origianl Met-rx and that “cake batter like” flavor was one of my favorite supplements in my 30 years of training.

If you search around on a few other online forums and sites, you’ll piece together the giant lawsuit that’s going down. (I’m not going to be the one throwing out he said she said), but in my opinion, these ridiculous spam posts are nothing more than the efforts of the side that most likely realizes it’s going to be on the losing side in court.

S

LOL, seriously man, you keep posting the same stuff on every forum I frequent, and your anti-connelly sites all have your same “articles” on them. Can you honestly think that people will read your spam posts and magically forget that MetRX was one of the first decent MRPs in the industry? Even if Connelly wasn’t the major share holder when he sold the company, do you think anyone cares if he states that “he” sold it?

Can’t we get this guy’s IP address and just keep him off here?

S

I just read the first page of that link and it didn’t seem to have any real wrong-doing by Connelly…it just mentions that some of his business ventures failed.

Fuck you failer Connelly!

Unless he took your money i don’t know why you’d be concerned.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
LOL, seriously man, you keep posting the same stuff on every forum I frequent, and your anti-connelly sites all have your same “articles” on them. Can you honestly think that people will read your spam posts and magically forget that MetRX was one of the first decent MRPs in the industry? Even if Connelly wasn’t the major share holder when he sold the company, do you think anyone cares if he states that “he” sold it?

Can’t we get this guy’s IP address and just keep him off here?

S
[/quote]

What makes people act like this? Connelly basically changed the supplement game when he introduced Met-rx. What do people get out of trying to make the man look like a failure?

I assume all of the people acting like that are all extremely successful?

Open your eyes genius, and get out of your bodybuilding world for a minute. You can invent the light bulb, but if you decide to then steal someone’s silverware in a burglary, your past merits or contributions may not be relevant. Look past the obvious. Sadly it seems that you all spend way too much time here debating over nonsense like those two muppets in balcony seats.

Connelly didn’t even invent MET-Rx, and he even lied about that. Read it in the national papers soon, and go ahead and trace my IP - good luck with that.

[yawn]

All you guys are old. What the hell is MET-RX? The Brady Quinn power bar?? :wink:

Wait… so the good Doctor stole your silverware? That’s your reason for going around spamming every single fitness related forum you can find instead of dealing through legal avenues for said wrongdoing? Oh ok,… that makes perfect sense. You must be telling 100% of the truth then. I stand rebuked. Terribly sorry for the misunderstanding.

S

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
All you guys are old. What the hell is MET-RX? The Brady Quinn power bar?? ;)[/quote]

NOW I’M DONE.

[quote]tnator wrote:
Open your eyes genius, and get out of your bodybuilding world for a minute. [/quote]

Why?

My desire is to reach my goals in life. Unless Scott Connelly is interfering with that, why the fuck would I care about ANY of what you are talking about? Who cares who actually came up with the formula for Met-Rx?

I was in junior high when that stuff hit it big I think and after that, it was basically Twin Labs and Met-Rx at the top of the heap in the supplement industry until the late 90’s.

I seriously doubt most guys with the goal of big muscles cares who made what or anything else you’ve talked about unless it interfered directly with gaining more muscle and strength.

So, please, tell us why this matters so much to you.

I don’t follow all of this? Is this related to that guy Anthony Roberts? Does anyone know what the deal is?

As Bill Roberts wrote above, MET-Rx was definitely a superior protein product to whatever was out there at that time. I too bought truckloads of it, because it was simply the 1st protein supplement that I thought tasted fantastic and could literally drink at least 3 times/day. Now this was the two canister version…one with the “base” and the other with the “plus” which contained the metamyosin.

And of course, I was on “stuff” at that time, so if it was spiked, I really didn’t care.

Sort of wish someone would bring back that great Met-Rx taste though. When Met-Rx went to that all in one packet (i.e. base + plus in one package), that’s when the taste went out. I also think that is when the quality went down tremendously.

The EAS Myoplex also just didn’t capture that most excellent original Met-Rx taste.

Met-Rx helped bring me into the game, and was also the first protein my older siblings used for the most part. Only after I started working in the industry did I switch.

I think it’s important to know if someone is fraudulently claiming to be a scientist or doctor when pushing a product. I would definitely care if the product was secretly spiked and my piss was unknowingly dirty. Wouldn’t you?

Myself, I’ve been tremendously concerned whether Charles Atlas misrepresented any of his programs or products in any way. I’ve also been worried about Eugen Sandow.

If they did anything fraudulently, just think of the problems that could be causing me today.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Myself, I’ve been tremendously concerned whether Charles Atlas misrepresented any of his programs or products in any way. I’ve also been worried about Eugen Sandow.

If they did anything fraudulently, just think of the problems that could be causing me today.[/quote]

OMG and imagine if Joe Weider had doled out inaccurate training methods, or intentionally left out important matters concerning ‘recovery agents’,… it could completely mislead entire generations of would be bodybuilders -lol.

S

mags by joe weider were the main reason i waisted 5 years going from 125 to a whopping 155 .thank fuck i found T-Nation . i spent about 2 months reading n learning from all old posts n now im at 188 . this bill roberts should get a life n stop goin on n on n on with the same old dribble WTF.

That’s kind of my point. To gear up is a choice of when and how, not because some asshole wants to dose people in a powder. Yes, thank fuck for sites like this so we can educate ourselves and make our own decisions.