Score One For Idaho

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2009/HJM003.htm

mike

Language like that raises goosebumps. Maybe the spirit of our founding is still out there.

“the primary purpose of the right to keep and bear arms is to protect one?s self, family and possessions from either the private lawlessness of other persons or the tyranny of government…”

Fuckin-A.

The Idaho legislature rocks.

Hey Mike, I just thought of something. You’re studying law, right? Well, once you pass the bar, why don’t you fucking run for state legislator? From what I see in this bill, you’d be among kindred spirits.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
[/quote]

The Idaho congressmen were amongst the few Democrat representatives that voted against the Spendulus package. They also proposed an alternative that shaved about 70% of the cost (duly ignored by Herr Pelosi of course).

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

The Idaho congressmen were amongst the few Democrat representatives that voted against the Spendulus package. They also proposed an alternative that shaved about 70% of the cost (duly ignored by Herr Pelosi of course).

[/quote]

There by making it totally worthless as a stimulus (hence ignored)

[quote]100meters wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

There by making it totally worthless as a stimulus (hence ignored)[/quote]

You’re funny. I like you.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
as a stimulus (hence ignored)

You’re funny. I like you.
[/quote]

I caught the reference.

More Idaho goodness:

LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF IDAHO
Sixtieth Legislature First Regular Session 2009
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
HOUSE JOINT MEMORIAL NO. 4
BY STATE AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
1 A JOINT MEMORIAL
2 TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE SENATE AND HOUSE OF REPRE3
SENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES IN CONGRESS ASSEMBLED, AND THE
4 CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION REPRESENTING THE STATE OF IDAHO IN THE
5 CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES.
6 We, your Memorialists, the House of Representatives and the Senate of the State of Idaho
7 assembled in the First Regular Session of the Sixtieth Idaho Legislature, do hereby respectfully
8 represent that:
9 WHEREAS, Section 2, Article I, of the Constitution of the State of Idaho, sets forth the
10 Declaration of Rights and reads as follows: “All political power is inherent in the people.
11 Government is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter,
12 reform or abolish the same whenever they may deem it necessary; and no special privileges or
13 immunities shall ever be granted that may not be altered, revoked, or repealed by the legisla14
ture.”; and
15 WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as fol16
lows: ?The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it
17 to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.?; and
18 WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that
19 specifically granted by the Constitution of the United States and no more; and
20 WHEREAS, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means that the federal
21 government was created by the states specifically to be an agent of the states; and
22 WHEREAS, today, in 2009, the states are demonstrably treated as agents of the federal
23 government; and
24 WHEREAS, many federal mandates are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to
25 the Constitution of the United States; and
26 WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York v. United States,
27 505 U.S. 144 (1992), that Congress may not simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory
28 processes of the states; and
29 WHEREAS, Congress has inappropriately delegated its monetary authority to the private
30 federal reserve bank, thus failing to protect and provide a sound monetary system as defined
31 and mandated by the Constitution of the United States, forcing an unstable currency on us
32 resulting in the past, and the current, economic perils; and
33 WHEREAS, a number of proposals from past and present Administrations and Congress
34 may violate the Constitution of the United States.
35 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the members of the First Regular Session of
36 the Sixtieth Idaho Legislature, the House of Representatives and the Senate concurring therein,
37 that the state of Idaho hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitu38
tion of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal
39 government by the Constitution of the United States.
1 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this serves as notice and demand to the federal gov2
ernment, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the
3 scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.
4 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that all compulsory federal legislation that directs states
5 to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions, or requires states to pass
6 legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited.
7 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives be,
8 and she is hereby authorized and directed to forward a copy of this Memorial to the President
9 of the United States, the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Represen10
tatives of Congress, and the congressional delegation representing the State of Idaho in the
11 Congress of the United States.

This is semi-related. As I’m now a resident of the sovereign state of TN it gave me a warm cozy feeling.

Don’t know if it’s been posted yet.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Language like that raises goosebumps. Maybe the spirit of our founding is still out there. [/quote]

I’ve decided that I won’t be living a full life if the government attempts to forcibly take away my RKBA.

Should I move to Idaho, or keep undermining the gun laws of the People’s Republic of California?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:

Should I move to Idaho, or keep undermining the gun laws of the People’s Republic of California?[/quote]

Consider the consequences. You’d have to change your username to IdahoDude on every Internet forum you frequent. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, Idaho, Montana, New Hampshire or any of the other Free States are all looking mighty attractive these days.

Mike, what are 1-acre remote campsites going for in Northern Idaho these days?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

This is semi-related. As I’m now a resident of the sovereign state of TN it gave me a warm cozy feeling.

Don’t know if it’s been posted yet.
[/quote]

Being from TN you may be well served following www.saysuncle.com . It’s primarily a gun-blog roundup, but they cover a lot of freedom politics, particularly in TN.

mike

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

Should I move to Idaho, or keep undermining the gun laws of the People’s Republic of California?

Consider the consequences. You’d have to change your username to IdahoDude on every Internet forum you frequent. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, Idaho, Montana, New Hampshire or any of the other Free States are all looking mighty attractive these days.[/quote]

I agree, with the exception of NH. I’d throw in NV, WY, and UT into the mix. The FSP is all talk and very little action. They are a bunch of libertarians lacking in dedication. They are a bunch of guys that want to talk freedom but go to Boston to make their living or get their toys.

Besides, the influx of libertarians into NH could never keep up with the New England liberals that pour into there.

Besides, they couldn’t even prevent a smoking ban. [/quote]

Mike, what are 1-acre remote campsites going for in Northern Idaho these days?[/quote]

I’m not entirely sure, but I know my in-laws got 26 acres about 45 minutes out of Moscow adjacent to national forest where I conduct a lot of our militia training for $80k several years ago.

mike

It would be nice if every state in the union stood up to los federales.