T Nation

Schumer: Regulate Frequent Flier Programs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/us_travel_brief_frequent_flier_miles

They must have nothting better to do out east. Maybe they can work on regulation for Subway’s Scrabble or McDonalds’ Monopoly promotions next? We are, after all, paying for those promotions in the cost of our happy meals.

“Schumer says he suspects consumers are actually paying for frequent frier programs through air fare and fees. If so, he said rules are needed to protect consumers.”

Uhhhh…how else would they be paid for? Lottery winnings? Maybe Delta discovered some burried treasure? As big a dumbass Schumer is, I am sure people will eat this shit up.

Even if this has no chance of turning into anything, I do think it makes for an amuzing caricature of where we are headed as a nation.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

They must have nothting better to do out east. Maybe they can work on regulation for Subway’s Scrabble or McDonalds’ Monopoly promotions next? We are, after all, paying for those promotions in the cost of our happy meals.

“Schumer says he suspects consumers are actually paying for frequent frier programs through air fare and fees. If so, he said rules are needed to protect consumers.”

Uhhhh…how else would they be paid for? Lottery winnings? Maybe Delta discovered some burried treasure? As big a dumbass Schumer is, I am sure people will eat this shit up.

Even if this has no chance of turning into anything, I do think it makes for an amuzing caricature of where we are headed as a nation. [/quote]

There are very few politicians as detestable as Bill Schumer, maybe Frank, Pelosi and a bum up in Vermont can’t remember his name are worse, but thats’ it. I swear it seems that the liberals won’t be happy until every business is broken and every slob who refuses to work is handed a free check.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
dhickey wrote:

Even if this has no chance of turning into anything, I do think it makes for an amuzing caricature of where we are headed as a nation.

There are very few politicians as detestable as Bill Schumer, maybe Frank, Pelosi and a bum up in Vermont can’t remember his name are worse, but thats’ it. I swear it seems that the liberals won’t be happy until every business is broken and every slob who refuses to work is handed a free check.

[/quote]

Charles (Chuck) Schumer, yea he is a douchebag though. I can’t even look at him when he talks, he just makes me mad.

V

On the one hand you really think that Atlas Shrugged is a bad novel while reading it because there simply cannot be such caricatures of human beings.

And then you turn on your tv and there they are.

Spooky.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]orion wrote:
On the one hand you really think that Atlas Shrugged is a bad novel while reading it because there simply cannot be such caricatures of human beings.
[/quote]

Don’t talk about ZEB like that.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I swear it seems that the liberals won’t be happy until every business is broken and every slob who refuses to work is handed a free check. [/quote]