School Shootings

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Where the FUCK does a kid get the idea to cook a pet in a microwave?

[/quote]

If you think thoughts like this are only caused by society and bad parenting then you are seriously underestimating the inherent capacity for imagination in your own species.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Ren wrote:
I believe we are born good, what happens afterward is a result of your environment/culture.

This is an ideal that is common to many people and derives from philosophy that is centuries old. Unfortunately, it is simply not true. Science and research on every culture and population around the world has shown otherwise.[/quote]

Sources?

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:

Sources?
[/quote]

There are plenty of books and scholarly journals addressing the topic. Just research “human universals”, or talk to your local anthropologist.

Its the music, movies, and people who have parents like doogie. It’s ok though world war 3 is coming these kids will be drafted anyway to die.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Where the FUCK does a kid get the idea to cook a pet in a microwave?

If you think society or bad parenting are responsible for thoughts like this, then you seriously underestimate the capacity for imagination inherent in your own species.[/quote]

What does imagination have to do with a lack of self control? As a kid, I used to tie a towel around my neck held together with a clamp in front and run around the front yard like I was flying. Not once did I jump off the roof of a 4 story building believing that I could. I fail to see the connection you are trying to make with simple imagination…and cooking the family pet alive.

How much imagination is really at work when it comes to placing a yelping animal in a radioactive box and pressing “cook”?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

How much imagination is really at work when it comes to placing a yelping animal in a radioactive box and pressing “cook”?[/quote]

I was talking about the thought, not the action. At the point of action, morbid curiosity (innate) and possibly bad examples/exposures (non-innate)take over as possible sources of causation.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
Professor X wrote:

How much imagination is really at work when it comes to placing a yelping animal in a radioactive box and pressing “cook”?

I was talking about the thought, not the action. At the point of action, morbid curiosity (innate) and possibly bad examples/exposures (non-innate)take over as possible sources of causation.
[/quote]

Yes. We call that “crazy”.

So the they are screwed up by their family but are capable being triggered by things within society? Or simply, react in the manor of a particular style that is present.

I know one kid who killed himself. His cause was pretty simple, but the manor and style in which he went, being fairly into goth and death metal, created false ideas of why it happened.

Yes people are stupid.