School Nutrition

School is coming up and I have a few questions.

1. Should I keep all my meals P + F during the school day (7-2). I’m pretty carb tolerant, but should I eat a P + C meal for lunch or a mid-morning meal? Correct me if I’m wrong but should it be like this

6am P+C
9am P+F
1130am P+F
2pmP+F or P+C for pre-practice/workout

1. Do I need a P+C before a practice or workout if I already had one for breakfast?

Any suggestions would help,or what you guys do during school for meals,

You’re in school, so I wll go with the assumption that you’re young.

You need to be eating more carbs if you are trying to add mass, especially during the day and near physical activity.

BUT, that’s beside the point. You simply need to eat a lot and not worry about splitting up your meals so meticulously.

Check out this article by Berardi
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_rl_2.htm

And read the section on nutrient timing.

Since you’re 3-5% BF, you really don’t need to worry about carb timing as much as someone who is 11-12%+. But always try to get in the most carbs post workout, which is essential for growing and repairing muscles.

hahaha

3-5%

wrong.

professioinal BB’s are around that.

ANYWAYS…

since you said “practice” i’m assuming your playing a sport (unless its band practice); so your probably going to want to eat carbs up until after your practice or last workout of the day. then keep it P+F the rest of the night.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
hahaha

3-5%

wrong.

ANYWAYS…

since you said “practice” i’m assuming your playing a sport (unless its band practice); so your probably going to want to eat carbs up until after your practice or last workout of the day. then keep it P+F the rest of the night.[/quote]

Not at all, I have an asian friend thats 3% BF, checked by a doctor.

He does workout though, it’s not like hes naturally 3%, b/c hes very active.

So, if I have my P+C meals after sports practices and workouts in the evenings, what about breakfast?

breakfast and PWO are the most common meals for having most of your carbs

My toughest obstacle when I got to school was eating breakfast and eating during class.

you look like a tool, but shakes during class are key.

[quote]espndude21 wrote:
So, if I have my P+C meals after sports practices and workouts in the evenings, what about breakfast?[/quote]

I’d say get most of your daily carbs from PWO. around 75%. The rest can be from breakfast.

If you really are 119lbs i would suggest that you check into the nearest hospital and start treatment for malnutrition.

If you really are 119lb and worried about macronutrient timing you are deranged and psychological issues that need to be treated.

As for your question, I am in school as well. I eat the shitty lunches, or I go to mcdonalds and have a triple whopper. In other words I eat whatever the fuck I want. Mass gains are coming along fine, not much fat coming either.

So since you are in your teens this is the time to pack on some serious mass. Eat eat and eat some more.

[quote]nycsoccax wrote:
B rocK wrote:
hahaha

3-5%

wrong.

ANYWAYS…

since you said “practice” i’m assuming your playing a sport (unless its band practice); so your probably going to want to eat carbs up until after your practice or last workout of the day. then keep it P+F the rest of the night.

He does workout though, it’s not like hes naturally 3%, b/c hes very active.[/quote]

I highly doubt that man. 3% bodyfat to live with day to day would be very unhealthy and he’s probably get sick quite often.

That’s if its even true; I still don’t believe that. It’s always “a friend is…” or “a friend has…” in order to block any chances of being proven wrong.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
nycsoccax wrote:
B rocK wrote:
hahaha

3-5%

wrong.

ANYWAYS…

He does workout though, it’s not like hes naturally 3%, b/c hes very active.

I highly doubt that man. 3% bodyfat to live with day to day would be very unhealthy and he’s probably get sick quite often.

That’s if its even true; I still don’t believe that. It’s always “a friend is…” or “a friend has…” in order to block any chances of being proven wrong. [/quote]

That same concept can be used to what you originally said. Not every person on this planet who is 3-5% is a professional body builder. Case closed.