School Meal Problems

Ok, I have only been seriously training for 2 years now and I have seen many gains that I am very happy with but I feel like I am now ready to take my training outside the gym and make it a full time thing. The first thing id like to work on is simply my eating habits.

I know your supposed to have your 4-6 meals per day, but when I wake up a 6, have lunch at 10 and then lift from 2:30 to 6 it kind of complicates things. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what, when and how I should eat during the day.

Thank You.

A) I know how you feel. It’s hard for me to fit in the meals as well. Just try and sneak some food in study hall. /Shrug

B) You lift for three and a half hours O.o o.O O.O o.o

Thats a lot!

Eat at 6am, 10am, 6pm and 10pm. And yeah, what’s with the 3.5 hours of lifting? Do you mean practice?

There’s these awesome things called MRP’s and protein shakes/bars. I’ve personally never used or seen them but I’ve heard they exist and make proper nutrition a lot easier.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Eat at 6am, 10am, 6pm and 10pm. And yeah, what’s with the 3.5 hours of lifting? Do you mean practice?[/quote]

No offense to horatia sandoval, but going from 10 am to 6pm without a meal is too long. go ahead and slip another meal in around two or so.

I go to school as well, I have a tight schedule, but I still have time to eat. You have the time to eat. Make it happen. Go to the dining hall between classes. If possible, get an unlimited meal plan and eat as much as you can.

When you’re not in the dining hall and in your room, have some good whey protein (or some Metabolic Drive if you can afford it), peanut butter, and maybe some tuna. I go through a bottle or two of peanut butter a week.

Oh yeah and 3.5 hours of lifting is ridiculous. You need to eat alot more to sustain that kind of training.

[quote]E-man wrote:
There’s these awesome things called MRP’s and protein shakes/bars. I’ve personally never used or seen them but I’ve heard they exist and make proper nutrition a lot easier.[/quote]

Yeah, I should check those, out, too. I wonder where I could purchase these “MRP” and “bar” thingies? Do they sell them online?

They sell bags of tuna fish. Eat them in the can(aka your poopin stool, just remember the handicap stool is the cadillac of the poopin stool.)

Visit the store here at T-Nation and buy some Metabolic Drive bars. (I think thats what they are)

Pack a couple sandwhiches into your backpack everyday and sneak one in between classes.

Im going to take a guess that you are in highschool. If you are, eat in the toilet between classes. If you are in college surely you can make some time for food.

trust me, i realize that three hours is kinda long but i first have to follow my coaches lifting regiment, then throw in all the other extras i want to do, conditionging (cardio) and then agilitys as well as abs. plus the weight room gets kind of crowded so some time is waisted becasue of that.

and by the way yes, i am in highschool.

[quote]Ron.Odinn wrote:
Im going to take a guess that you are in highschool. If you are, eat in the toilet between classes. If you are in college surely you can make some time for food.[/quote]

Isn’t this kind of… sad??

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
HoratioSandoval wrote:
Eat at 6am, 10am, 6pm and 10pm. And yeah, what’s with the 3.5 hours of lifting? Do you mean practice?

No offense to horatia sandoval, but going from 10 am to 6pm without a meal is too long. go ahead and slip another meal in around two or so.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right - eat a pre-workout meal at that time. Search for pre-workout nutrition here. You also probably want to rethink your workouts - you shouldn’t need cardio and algility every day.