School Cafeteria Lunch Help

At school, it’s very hard to keep track of what nutrients are going into your body through school lunches. About the only readily available information is on packaged things which is required by law anyhow. On other things such as pizza and burgers there are calorie and fat counts. There is a ala carte bar that has spicy chicken every day.

I was thinking as far as protein and fat (which is pretty balanced between the three types) this wouldn’t be a bad thing. It’s also one of the few things at school I can find on the USDA health tech program I got offline. Does chicken every day sound like a good idea? Here’s a rundown for 2 pieces, which is the serving they give.

Calories 494
Fat 29.5
Sat: 7.8
Mono:12.28
Poly:6.7
Protein 35.71
Carbs 19.58

That along with a milk fruit and some nuts etc brought from home seems like a good regular lunch to get me about 800 cals. Sound good?

If you are working hard in the gym and eating well the rest of the day, you shouldn’t have to worry too much about the lunches.

There is nothing wrong with chicken, but if it’s breaded and greasy, that may not be what you are looking for.

Variety is always nice though.

Answers will depend on where you are and what you are trying to get to.

I’m trying to get a regular lunch plan set up more for the reason that you can eat one school lunch and get 400 calories and you can eat another and eat 1000 and guessing on my nutrition log is something I want to keep to a minimum.