T Nation

Scholarship Interview

High, all. Kind of a stupid question, but wanted to get it right.

I have an interview for a 4 year Army ROTC scholarship in a few days. I was told by the lieutenant who would be giving me the interview that I should “dress appropriately.”

Considering that the Army is going to be asking me questions that dictate whether or not they are going to spend A LOT of money on me, does this designate a full suit and tie? I would think that it would. Most likely, my Sunday best.

CS

Black cut off shirt
American flag pants
Boots
No socks
Eyepatch
Breathe right strip
Band aid on cheek
Boxing gloves
Monocle
Pimp Stick…NOT a pimp Cane

Also a single dreadlock that hangs down the middle of your face

Answer to the name elephunk

The mature part of me wants to encourage you to wear a suit and tie, as “dress appropriately” should be self-explanatory, but the rest of me wants you to wear some type of cloak, puffy Turkish sultan pants, and brandish some type of scimitar…

It’s the army, you already have the job bro.

all-black fatigues, with the pants legs tied up above your ankles with some thick twine, home-made sandals and a conical Vietnamese rice farmer’s hat.

Haha, all of these responses are golden.

CS

beret and a black/white striped shirt

Definitely a suit and tie.

Yes, definitely suit and tie.

Make sure to also have a camouflage shirt and pants. Bonus points for the tie to be in a different shade of camo - otherwise they might not see it.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
The mature part of me wants to encourage you to wear a suit and tie, as “dress appropriately” should be self-explanatory, but the rest of me wants you to wear some type of cloak, puffy Turkish sultan pants, and brandish some type of scimitar…[/quote]

This is fuckin’ priceless

Suit and tie, shave your shit, say Sir/Ma’am, and be yourself. Relax and have fun :wink:

Skate in dressed like this guy.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Suit and tie, shave your shit, say Sir/Ma’am, and be yourself. Relax and have fun ;)[/quote]

Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks, Andy! I just got a new razor, too, so I’m covered on that.

CS

This suit would also be appropriate.