Schmidts' Barbell Adventures

Enough with the lurking! I have been reading the logs of others here for some time now, and I have come to the conclusion that I had better start make my own contribution to the fantastic atmosphere in this place.
Note: all measurements in this log is metric (I am too lazy to figure out the lbs)

Vital stats:
Born 1975
Weight 91 kg

Best lifts:

Squat 177,5kg
Bench 132,5 kg (paused)
Deadlift 215 kg (conventional) 210 kg (sumo)
MP 85 kg

Just to get this rolling I will log yesterdays session. (reps * weight lifted/ set * reps @ weight lifted)

Tuesday 22. June

Benchpress

2020 kg
5 @ 50 kg
23 @ 70 kg
3 @ 90 kg
2*2 @ 105 kg

(benchpress is in deload mode)

Squat

210 @ 20 kg (overhead squat)
50 kg
570 kg
100 kg
3120 kg
140 kg
1155 kg (belt)
165 kg
1*177,5 kg PR +2,5 kg

2*140 kg (no belt)

• pendlay rows and long-stride walking lunges (BW)

Positively surprised… I am not supposed to be in PR shape in the squat, but I found at solid groove and jusst went with it. It was rather heavy but not all-out, there might be 5-10 kg more in the tank…

Welcome to the ‘Where the hell is my Ben-Gay and Advil’ group. Nice lifting.

[quote]ruglayer09052000 wrote:
Welcome to the ‘Where the hell is my Ben-Gay and Advil’ group. Nice lifting.[/quote]

Thanks!

Todays activity

2*15k bike-ride to and from work. (last leg still not done)my feet are killing me, I used my bikeshoes for the first time in 8 month.

Here is a 3 month old deadlift video

The following week I pulled 4*195kg. Narrowly missing the fifth rep as I hooked my hand in my pants.

Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting!

No kidding, very nice numbers! You’re a welcome addition to the gang. I just recommend staying away from Meat’s thread for a while…they have some issues to work through there.

since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting![/quote]

x2. Doing the math in my head is bad enough. Then I noticed there were commas where periods are supposed to be! Thank God for ibuprofen…

Welcome aboard! As has been said, good looking lifts.
Finland is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit. Since I have to cross a few borders, not to mention the ocean, though, it might be a while.

Strong Lifts! Glad to add another!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

You are absolutely right, just outside Alberta :slight_smile:

Tanks for the kind words

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum[/quote]

5/3/1 ??? is that some sort of cult?

[quote]sfp wrote:
No kidding, very nice numbers! You’re a welcome addition to the gang. I just recommend staying away from Meat’s thread for a while…they have some issues to work through there.[/quote]

Thanks for the advise… and you really should change your log titel!

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

x2. Doing the math in my head is bad enough. Then I noticed there were commas where periods are supposed to be! Thank God for ibuprofen…

Finland is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit. Since I have to cross a few borders, not to mention the ocean, though, it might be a while.
[/quote]

I am not native to Finland but it does have its good sides, especially during summer. We are getting ready to celebrate the good old heathen midsummer-festival this weekend. That translates in to BBQ, beer, and sauna… and most likely someting like 10-15 drownings.

But feel free to visit, I highly recommend summertime in Finland

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
Strong Lifts! Glad to add another![/quote]

Thanks, and your lifting pretty strong as well!

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum[/quote]

5/3/1 ??? is that some sort of cult?[/quote]

Wow! You catch on quick! Or the lurking has paid off…lol

That is exactly what it is. Be careful! These folks are fanatics.

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

I am not native to Finland but it does have its good sides, especially during summer. We are getting ready to celebrate the good old heathen midsummer-festival this weekend. That translates in to BBQ, beer, and sauna… and most likely someting like 10-15 drownings.

But feel free to visit, I highly recommend summertime in Finland[/quote]

I would imagine that the winters are pretty brutal. Summer sounds like a good plan.

Since it is a “heathen midsummer-festival”, are the drownings accidental? Or sacrifices? :slight_smile:
Beer and BBQ are good no matter what is going on around them.

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]mjnewland wrote:

5/3/1 ??? is that some sort of cult?[/quote]

Wow! You catch on quick! Or the lurking has paid off…lol

That is exactly what it is. Be careful! These folks are fanatics.[/quote]

The weird number combinations and the canibalism talk is a dead giveaway :slight_smile:

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

But feel free to visit, I highly recommend summertime in Finland[/quote]

I would imagine that the winters are pretty brutal. Summer sounds like a good plan.

Since it is a “heathen midsummer-festival”, are the drownings accidental? Or sacrifices? :slight_smile:
Beer and BBQ are good no matter what is going on around them.
[/quote]

I think it’s ritual… in a “standing in a boat pissing over the side” kinda way :slight_smile:

Todays work

Torsdag 24. juni 2010

Benchpress (paused)

1020 kg
20 kg
550 kg
50 kg
370 kg
70 kg
290 kg
100 kg
1110 kg
120 kg
1130 kg
137,5 kg PR +5 kg
0*142,5 kg

the 142,5 kg never really got out of the hole…

Deadlift (sumo)

1070 kg
70 kg
3100 kg
100 kg
3120 kg
120 kg
2140 kg
160 kg
1180 kg
195 kg
1205 kg
220 kg PR!!!

205 came up nicely so I went all-in…

I’ll try to add a little support stuff later on today

Nice work! Congrats on the PRs! Especially breaking 300# on bench.
You know, saying 137,5 kg just doesn’t sounds as impressive as 302.5 lbs. Kind of like how a 110 km speed limit looks more fun than 70 mph.