T Nation

Schmidts' Barbell Adventures

Enough with the lurking! I have been reading the logs of others here for some time now, and I have come to the conclusion that I had better start make my own contribution to the fantastic atmosphere in this place.
Note: all measurements in this log is metric (I am too lazy to figure out the lbs)

Vital stats:
Born 1975
Weight 91 kg

Best lifts:

Squat 177,5kg
Bench 132,5 kg (paused)
Deadlift 215 kg (conventional) 210 kg (sumo)
MP 85 kg

Just to get this rolling I will log yesterdays session. (reps * weight lifted/ set * reps @ weight lifted)

Tuesday 22. June

Benchpress

2020 kg
3
5 @ 50 kg
23 @ 70 kg
2
3 @ 90 kg
2*2 @ 105 kg

(benchpress is in deload mode)

Squat

210 @ 20 kg (overhead squat)
5
50 kg
570 kg
3
100 kg
3120 kg
1
140 kg
1155 kg (belt)
1
165 kg
1*177,5 kg PR +2,5 kg

2*140 kg (no belt)

  • pendlay rows and long-stride walking lunges (BW)

Positively surprised… I am not supposed to be in PR shape in the squat, but I found at solid groove and jusst went with it. It was rather heavy but not all-out, there might be 5-10 kg more in the tank…

Welcome to the ‘Where the hell is my Ben-Gay and Advil’ group. Nice lifting.

[quote]ruglayer09052000 wrote:
Welcome to the ‘Where the hell is my Ben-Gay and Advil’ group. Nice lifting.[/quote]

Thanks!

Todays activity

2*15k bike-ride to and from work. (last leg still not done)my feet are killing me, I used my bikeshoes for the first time in 8 month.

Here is a 3 month old deadlift video


The following week I pulled 4*195kg. Narrowly missing the fifth rep as I hooked my hand in my pants.

Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting!

No kidding, very nice numbers! You’re a welcome addition to the gang. I just recommend staying away from Meat’s thread for a while…they have some issues to work through there.

since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting![/quote]

x2. Doing the math in my head is bad enough. Then I noticed there were commas where periods are supposed to be! Thank God for ibuprofen…

Welcome aboard! As has been said, good looking lifts.
Finland is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit. Since I have to cross a few borders, not to mention the ocean, though, it might be a while.

Strong Lifts! Glad to add another!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting![/quote]

You are absolutely right, just outside Alberta :slight_smile:

Tanks for the kind words

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum[/quote]

5/3/1 ??? is that some sort of cult?

[quote]sfp wrote:
No kidding, very nice numbers! You’re a welcome addition to the gang. I just recommend staying away from Meat’s thread for a while…they have some issues to work through there.[/quote]

Thanks for the advise… and you really should change your log titel!

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting![/quote]

x2. Doing the math in my head is bad enough. Then I noticed there were commas where periods are supposed to be! Thank God for ibuprofen…

Welcome aboard! As has been said, good looking lifts.
Finland is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit. Since I have to cross a few borders, not to mention the ocean, though, it might be a while.
[/quote]

I am not native to Finland but it does have its good sides, especially during summer. We are getting ready to celebrate the good old heathen midsummer-festival this weekend. That translates in to BBQ, beer, and sauna… and most likely someting like 10-15 drownings.

But feel free to visit, I highly recommend summertime in Finland

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
Strong Lifts! Glad to add another![/quote]

Thanks, and your lifting pretty strong as well!

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum[/quote]

5/3/1 ??? is that some sort of cult?[/quote]

Wow! You catch on quick! Or the lurking has paid off…lol

That is exactly what it is. Be careful! These folks are fanatics.

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting![/quote]

x2. Doing the math in my head is bad enough. Then I noticed there were commas where periods are supposed to be! Thank God for ibuprofen…

Welcome aboard! As has been said, good looking lifts.
Finland is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit. Since I have to cross a few borders, not to mention the ocean, though, it might be a while.
[/quote]

I am not native to Finland but it does have its good sides, especially during summer. We are getting ready to celebrate the good old heathen midsummer-festival this weekend. That translates in to BBQ, beer, and sauna… and most likely someting like 10-15 drownings.

But feel free to visit, I highly recommend summertime in Finland[/quote]

I would imagine that the winters are pretty brutal. Summer sounds like a good plan.

Since it is a “heathen midsummer-festival”, are the drownings accidental? Or sacrifices? :slight_smile:
Beer and BBQ are good no matter what is going on around them.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
since you are new, you must do 5/3/1 from now on. or we will kill and eat you. this is a very strict forum[/quote]

5/3/1 ??? is that some sort of cult?[/quote]

Wow! You catch on quick! Or the lurking has paid off…lol

That is exactly what it is. Be careful! These folks are fanatics.[/quote]

The weird number combinations and the canibalism talk is a dead giveaway :slight_smile:

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Dammit, another thread I have to do metric conversions in! You damned Canadians! Finland is just outside of Alberta, right? :wink:

When I do the math it looks like some pretty nice lifting![/quote]

x2. Doing the math in my head is bad enough. Then I noticed there were commas where periods are supposed to be! Thank God for ibuprofen…

Welcome aboard! As has been said, good looking lifts.
Finland is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit. Since I have to cross a few borders, not to mention the ocean, though, it might be a while.
[/quote]

I am not native to Finland but it does have its good sides, especially during summer. We are getting ready to celebrate the good old heathen midsummer-festival this weekend. That translates in to BBQ, beer, and sauna… and most likely someting like 10-15 drownings.

But feel free to visit, I highly recommend summertime in Finland[/quote]

I would imagine that the winters are pretty brutal. Summer sounds like a good plan.

Since it is a “heathen midsummer-festival”, are the drownings accidental? Or sacrifices? :slight_smile:
Beer and BBQ are good no matter what is going on around them.
[/quote]

I think it’s ritual… in a “standing in a boat pissing over the side” kinda way :slight_smile:

Todays work

Torsdag 24. juni 2010

Benchpress (paused)

1020 kg
10
20 kg
550 kg
5
50 kg
370 kg
3
70 kg
290 kg
1
100 kg
1110 kg
1
120 kg
1130 kg
1
137,5 kg PR +5 kg
0*142,5 kg

the 142,5 kg never really got out of the hole…

Deadlift (sumo)

1070 kg
10
70 kg
3100 kg
3
100 kg
3120 kg
3
120 kg
2140 kg
1
160 kg
1180 kg
1
195 kg
1205 kg
1
220 kg PR!!!

205 came up nicely so I went all-in…

I’ll try to add a little support stuff later on today

Nice work! Congrats on the PRs! Especially breaking 300# on bench.
You know, saying 137,5 kg just doesn’t sounds as impressive as 302.5 lbs. Kind of like how a 110 km speed limit looks more fun than 70 mph.